Zero Punctuation: Papers, Please and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
ErinBeee said:
Warachia said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:
Christ the forums on this site have gone to the dogs. Look at yourselves!

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
Easy to say, untill your trans son or daughter kills themself because jokes like this create an environment where ridiculing and rejecting trans people is okay.
And where did Yahtzee say it was okay in the video? Oh wait, he didn't, and he was not saying that with the sign "no trannies", because that's a thing that happens in the game he was reviewing, and that game was also not saying it's okay.
Not that part. The part where he inferred that pre op trans girls are guys, (by the fact that a man would be gay for sleeping with one)
Actually he said that pre-op transsexual guys (guys who consider themselves women) were guys, and that a person would be considered gay for sleeping with one.

What he did not say was ridiculing and rejecting transsexuals was okay.

JudgeGame

Jan 2, 2013
CaptainChip said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
Easy to say, untill your trans son or daughter kills themself because jokes like this create an environment where ridiculing and rejecting trans people is okay.
It'd be their fault for taking everything so fucking seriously. Me and my friends constantly shit on each other all the time and have a good laugh about it. It's only a hostile environment if you make it one.
Have you considered Yahtzee might not have any transexual friends and that a video made for public view isn't the same as your friend's opinion, one of the two being mutually consented and very unthreatening?

In other news, me and my wife have sex all the time and have a good time. It's only rape if you make it so.

gjkbgt

May 5, 2013
Deshara said:
gjkbgt said:
LadyRhian said:
So "Papers, Please" is a story about the banality of evil- how easy it is to be a bad person when it affects you and your family's ability to live.
That opinion was so poorly thought out i it might just have given me cancer
Except that he was completely, 100% spot on. The game is about how the systems break down to the point that people are forced to choose between hurting complete strangers massively, once, or failing to support your family in smalls way on a daily basis.
that's a moral dilemma not evil was your dad/mum evil when he chose to get a steady job and raise you well rather then get join the army or police or ship out to do aid work in sommelier.

Cause if so you are evil there are people you could be helping right now!
but no you're here commenting on the internet

CaptainChip

Jul 8, 2012
JudgeGame said:
CaptainChip said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
It'd be their fault for taking everything so fucking seriously. Me and my friends constantly shit on each other all the time and have a good laugh about it. It's only a hostile environment if you make it one.
Have you considered Yahtzee might not have any transexual friends and that a video made for public view isn't the same as your friend's opinion, one of the two being very unthreatening?

In other news, me and my wife have sex all the time and have a good time. It's only rape if you make it so.
Wow, comparing jokes to rape. Are you so desperate to make a joke seem harmful that you have to resort to that kind of logic?

EDIT, and another thing, I've been around strangers who shit on eachother all the time and have fun with it. There's no problems when everyone just relaxes.

Olikar

Sep 4, 2012
I really don't care about or like Yatzhee but his joke was perfectly fine, like he once said himself "Any society than can makes jokes about any body else and every body laughs is a truly tolerant society. Politically correct charged censorship only serves to deepen resentment between different social groups."

ErinBeee

Aug 22, 2013
I'm not saying that a joke is going to make people hate trans people or throw them out of the house. I'm saying that when you live in a society where the large majority of things you see or hear about trans people are jokes about how they're decietful, or really men, then societys attitude changes for the worse towards that group.

JudgeGame

Jan 2, 2013
Warachia said:
ErinBeee said:
Warachia said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
And where did Yahtzee say it was okay in the video? Oh wait, he didn't, and he was not saying that with the sign "no trannies", because that's a thing that happens in the game he was reviewing, and that game was also not saying it's okay.
Not that part. The part where he inferred that pre op trans girls are guys, (by the fact that a man would be gay for sleeping with one)
Actually he said that pre-op transsexual guys (guys who consider themselves women) were guys, and that a person would be considered gay for sleeping with one.

He did draw a depiction of a transexual with several days of stubble and a sign that said "no trannies" (tranny being a slur designed to be offensive and deeply frowned upon by the genderqueer community).

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
ErinBeee said:
Yep, because bashing the most priviliged group in society is going to lead to increased suicide rates? Bashing the most discriminated against group? probably.
Your posts are going to increase suicide rates, mine in particular.

JudgeGame said:
Is this supposed to be sardonic, or...? Because, uh, yeah, it's only rape if you make it so. If both parties don't consider it rape, it is not rape.
Also false analogy, etc.

tifa77

Jun 24, 2009
ErinBeee said:
tifa77 said:
Look up his black opps 2 review for white male/America bashing. We live in such a special snowflake society nowadays that the western world is rapidly turning into a joke. Instead of secret police we have white knights publicly shaming people for having different view than their own or for hurting their feelings.

Your rights end where my feelings begin.
Yep, because bashing the most priviliged group in society is going to lead to increased suicide rates? Bashing the most discriminated against group? probably.
It was one joke. It wasn't some kind of manifesto against trans people. Go watch Elysium to see how evil white people are. What goes around, comes around.

JudgeGame

Jan 2, 2013
CaptainChip said:
JudgeGame said:
CaptainChip said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT
Have you considered Yahtzee might not have any transexual friends and that a video made for public view isn't the same as your friend's opinion, one of the two being very unthreatening?

Wow, comparing jokes to rape. Are you so desperate to make a joke seem harmful that you have to resort to that kind of logic?

EDIT, and another thing, I've been around strangers who shit on eachother all the time and have fun with it. There's no problems when everyone just relaxes.
I've been around strangers who fuck with each other all the time and have fun with it. There's no problems when everyone just relaxes.

ErinBeee

Aug 22, 2013
tifa77 said:
ErinBeee said:
tifa77 said:
Look up his black opps 2 review for white male/America bashing. We live in such a special snowflake society nowadays that the western world is rapidly turning into a joke. Instead of secret police we have white knights publicly shaming people for having different view than their own or for hurting their feelings.

It was one joke. It wasn't some kind of manifesto against trans people. Go watch Elysium to see how evil white people are. What goes around, comes around.
Of course it was just one joke. But it's one joke in a sea of things with "that one trans joke"...

it all adds up

CaptainChip

Jul 8, 2012
JudgeGame said:
CaptainChip said:
JudgeGame said:
CaptainChip said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT

I've been around strangers who fuck with each other all the time and have fun with it. There's no problems when everyone just relaxes.
Well yes, strangers casually having sex with each other is a-okay.

Unless you're going for the rape anology again, in which case, you still have no argument, do you? How desperate.

Olikar

Sep 4, 2012
JudgeGame said:
CaptainChip said:
JudgeGame said:
CaptainChip said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT

Please just stop, your desperate attempts to defend your position by making links to rape is just embarrassing.

CaptainChip

Jul 8, 2012
ErinBeee said:
tifa77 said:
ErinBeee said:
tifa77 said:

Of course it was just one joke. But it's one joke in a sea of things with "that one trans joke"...

it all adds up
There aren't even that many trans jokes to begin with. I've heard way more jokes about every other ethnic and sex group there is then there are jokes about trans.

Crossborder

Oct 16, 2008
It's been years since I've been here and man, has this place went down the shitter.
At least Yahtzee's still funny.

ErinBeee

Aug 22, 2013
CaptainChip said:
ErinBeee said:
tifa77 said:
ErinBeee said:
tifa77 said:

it all adds up
There aren't even that many trans jokes to begin with. I've heard way more jokes about every other ethnic and sex group there is then there are jokes about trans.
The difference is every other group has much more exposure. You see a ton of stuff about gay people, people of colour, etc etc all over the place. Trans people on the other hand. You see nothing and hear nothing other than the jokes. Not to mention every other group out there is a LOT more culturally accepted (because of increased exposure)

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
Warachia said:
In that case we'd need new names describing these sexualities because transsexual is a little too vague given all it can cover, at least in that I think we can both agree on.
You are right in that respect. Gay, straight and many other terms are poor descriptors for the clusterfuck that is the human mind. Unfortunstely these concepts are so ingrained into wesrtern society that they have such an impact on people's lives as to become 'true' merely by people believing in them.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
JudgeGame said:
Warachia said:
ErinBeee said:
Warachia said:
ErinBeee said:
Waddles said:

IT'S A JOKE GET OVER IT

He did draw a depiction of a transexual with several days of stubble and a sign that said "no trannies" (tranny being a slur designed to be offensive and deeply frowned upon by the genderqueer community).
Please read what I wrote, If you did, you'd have seen I addressed that in the very first comment I made (the second post in this line of quotes).

CaptainChip

Jul 8, 2012
ErinBeee said:
CaptainChip said:
ErinBeee said:
tifa77 said:
ErinBeee said:
tifa77 said:

it all adds up
The difference is every other group has much more exposure. You see a ton of stuff about gay people, people of colour, etc etc all over the place. Trans people on the other hand. You see nothing and hear nothing other than the jokes
You don't even hear about the jokes. You usually hear about parents proudly raising trans kids or trans getting murdered for being trans or trans fighting for bathroom rights. Trans jokes are a rarity.