Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

Wilko316

Jun 16, 2010
Portal, Silent Hill 2, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Spiderman 2, Fantasy World Dizzy.

Bosh.

Sh1nobu

Nov 23, 2009
Reading the comments, my illusion is broken.

I taught I was a rabid fanboy for watching every video twice.

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
Alright, I just gave The Sands of Time a chance and played it. It was difficult at first, as I was accustomed to unreal engine shinyness and now tumbled back into 2003 graphics.
But I have to admit I thorougly enjoyed this game (apart from the combat system, jesus, if you ever played that elavator fight, you fucking know what I mean). Especially the story got me, which surprises me considering how incredibly cheesy it is (spoiler alert: and thinking of it now, wasn't the ending the same kick in the nuts we received from Zelda OoT?)

Why am I digging up this old thread? Because I want to know if it is really worth playing the other 2 games. It seems they are not as good as the first and I don't want to go through the same mindfuck as, lets say the movie "cube", where the sequels destroyed all the experience of the first part.

metal mustache

Oct 29, 2009
yes! someone filled in game 4 for me! Now yahtzee notices me!!
portal, silent hill 2, prince o persia, spiderman 2, fantasy world dizzy

InfectingTheCrypts

Jul 22, 2008
Having gone on Yahtzee's word for once and bought the HD remakes of these games I can confirm that Yahtzee is talking straight out of his arse. For all the praise he gives it, Sands of Time is a HORRIBLY outdated game that has a forgettable story, awful voice acting, dreadful combat and a dated game engine which doesn't stand up. I am planning on starting Warrior Within soon, but if this is meant to be the best in the series then I don't think I will even bother finishing WW. I think the reason he gave this game such a glowing review is because he is still viewing it with the rose-tinted spectacles of nostalgia, and while it may have been a good game in 2003, for 2011 it flat-out sucks.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
superdevildude85 said:
Portal, Silent Hill 2, Pop Sands of time, Resident evil 3, Fantasy world dizzy.
I can haz utter disgust?
i agree. i might consider changing FWD or RE3 for Painkiller though. he seemed to really like it.

GojiraGamer

May 23, 2014
Glad to see I'm not the only who loves Sands of Time, and doesn't like Warrior Within. The worst part is that I want to like, because it's the sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, and the combat is a lot better, but then the entire rest of the game happens.