Zero Punctuation: Quantum Conundrum

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Unhappy Crow said:
I bet that person who made a post like that in the Steam forums will probably feel humiliated for acting all high and mighty with his/her post. Not everyone has a high powered computer that can play high quality games, let alone afford one.
You know what's even worse? When they tell you "then you're obviously too poor to DESERVE video games" when you bring up the fact that you can not afford to run the game.

A comparison COULD be drawn between the majority of PC gamers and the 1% of the population that looks at the rest of us as unwashed masses who just pay their taxes for them, but I'm afraid to state it directly -_-

beetrain

Nov 17, 2009
1nfinite_Cros5 said:
Noble_Lance said:
I take it that ending, well... someone is going to be famous on the steam forums lol
Yahtzee never gave out a name. I wonder how many people are going to try to hunt him down anyways.
I already found him. I won't name and shame him here, but seriously it's really easy to find.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
I think we'll all agree that unless you are able to construct your own large hadron collider whilst creating your own games engine and creating nanomachines which hunt and clean cancerous cells, you have no right to even use a PC, let alone play PC games.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
beetrain said:
1nfinite_Cros5 said:
Noble_Lance said:
I take it that ending, well... someone is going to be famous on the steam forums lol
Yahtzee never gave out a name. I wonder how many people are going to try to hunt him down anyways.
I already found him. I won't name and shame him here, but seriously it's really easy to find.
NAME HIM AND SHAME HIM! NOOOOWWWWWWW

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Yeah, I'm glad I skipped this one. Rumor has it that the dimensions were Kim Swift's proposal for a new mechanic in Portal 2 (instead we got the liquids) and that caused the schism with Valve but dimensions would be a terrible idea for Portal since unlike the liquids they don't interact with the portals in a meaningful way.

Also low gravity, high gravity, antigravity and slow are probably the most boring modifiers I can imagine for the whole idea of "different dimensions".

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Azaraxzealot said:
Unhappy Crow said:
I bet that person who made a post like that in the Steam forums will probably feel humiliated for acting all high and mighty with his/her post. Not everyone has a high powered computer that can play high quality games, let alone afford one.
You know what's even worse? When they tell you "then you're obviously too poor to DESERVE video games" when you bring up the fact that you can not afford to run the game.

Most PC gamers are like the elitist 1% -_-
Oh and there's the generalization we all love so much making you the biggest hypocrite who has posted so far. Congratulations to you. I'll see if we can get you a diploma as proof.

OT: OK, so this game seems interesting, but it seems like they made a lot of stupid choices here. Don't make a game demand you beat it without dying in order to get a 100% completion, this could make up for an extra challenge, but not as an important part. In games like this it's good to have a complete view of your surroundings so a third person view would probably be better. Always include options to adjust graphics so those with good computers can play it with the best graphics and those with bad computers can still get a decent framerate. I might check this game out if there's a sale, but right now I'm not convinced.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Balkan said:
IF I say that Spec ops The line is like a third person shootter Silent hill , will that intrigue you ?
I doubt it. A tird person shooter Silen Hill sound like kind of a terrible idea.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
Haha, the end was brilliant and it rhymed (I think). It's a shame, the game looked as though it had its heart in the right place but it just doesn't quite break the 'wow' barrier.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Here is the c-- he is poster number --
Prepare the flamethrowers

Link removed by Mod

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
trollpwner said:
Ha! Found the bugger! It's here, and his name's "---"! Angry mob, assemble!
You were beaten by a 15 year old Dutch kid.
You have shamed the trollpowner order, You can turn in your Trollpowner badge at the reception.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Can I have a video of just that last bit, because I, too, just sometimes want to tell people who think you have to do things to "deserve" to play video games should hush their terribly unpleasant mouths as well?

...Of course I wouldn't use it here, because that wouldn't be very respectful and to the escapist's code of conduct...
But I can at least think it, dammit! My mind is my own!

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Suprisingly enough, a ZP review that's actually accurate. It's a charming game with some nice elements, but the platforming is annoying to all hell, the physics are mildly erratic and the whole thing is repetitive and same-y. I respect what the game is trying to do and I wish more games would try similar things, but that doesn't mean it's particularly good.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
lol, I like the transition between Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor to Quantum Conundrum! XD It's almost like he was going to give the first game a full review, then switched at the last minute to something else.

Wait, the scientist is voiced by John de Lancie? As in... DISCORD FROM MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC? I MUST GET THIS GA- Oh wait, first-person platforming? I'll pass.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Using his videos to rage at people on forums...really Yahtzee? Granted, people like that are why I'm not really interested in getting into PC gaming but...really?