Zero Punctuation: Rage

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
S a mix of fallout and borderlands? good enough for me.
Also, dont want to swap discs - use a PC.

Tontomanzz

Apr 29, 2010
Strazdas said:
S a mix of fallout and borderlands? good enough for me.
Also, dont want to swap discs - use a PC.
There's other issues that make it less than Fallout+borderlands. Real pity as some of the mechanics are awesome.

Map recycling - Different mission, maybe different badies, same area you've already cleared out just repopulated when you take the mission. Each 'dungeon' has two runs, one manditory from the main plot, a second if you take an optional quest. It's so regular you can bank on it.

Textures - even with all the DVDs it comes with, the small textures look like balls. Outside looks great, amazing. Inside all the small objects look like HL (that's HL1 not 2). So compressed. Take advantage of the PC and give us a DL pack to upgrade the textures.

Invisable walls (map design shortcuts) - You know how in Fallout3 you can roam around to your hearts content, until you are obviously blocked by rubble, a cliff etc. In Rage it's invisable walls, EVERYWHERE, even indoors. You see an obvious jump over a table to avoid a trap, nope, invisable wall forcing you to time the trap. Can even get you killed in combat as the obvious escape route or dodging path you will find blocked without warning.

Bland outdoors in regards to adventure - See that trailer out in the ruins, must be someone living there with a cool story (like in fallout) right. Nope, empty or door locked, always. There's zero extra outdoor content if it's not involved in a mission from the town hubs. No cool local side quests, period.

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
Since Bethesda's name is on the box, does that mean Rage is a spin-off of Fallout with the grandpa of FPS's telling wild stories?

Phagocytosis

Oct 28, 2012
I know this was quite a while ago, but... that train! What was that train at the end of the review from? I know it from somewhere and it's bothering me.