Zero Punctuation: Red Faction Guerrilla

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Red Faction Guerrilla

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Red Faction Guerrilla.

Download the Zero Punctuation intro and theme at The Escapist Music Library [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/music.php].

Watch Video

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
TheOnceandFutureKing said:
I cant get it to play so I dont know if he makes mention of it but I believe this is his 100th video with The Escapist.
If you are running an ad blocker, that is probably it. Also, this is the 98th episode...

EDIT: August 5th...see what happens when you think you are a week ahead?

Darzok

Mar 3, 2008
It was good but i was hoping it would fair better since i plan to buy this game.

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
Loved it...Totally agree with the last point...If its supposed to be like Guerrilla warfare, they totally messed that up...

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
I enjoyed it, but did anyone else feel it was a bit short? or perhaps it's just sleep deprivation sending me nuts :D

actually I think it is just the sleep deprivation. :)

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
It's not playing for me either, and I disabled Ad-Block (eventhough I write my own filter list, and it was working fine last week...).

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
That was one of the best ZPs I've seen in a long time...
Of course, I think it is partly due to the nostalgia of the game-that-crushes-gaming-childhood-bliss that all jaded gamers of this day have all experienced.

Or perhaps its more that it was like he was really having a heartfelt talk with the viewers? I don't know, but I still feel the obligation to kick him in the shin, should I ever meet him in person.

MonkeySlayer

Feb 13, 2008
I dunno if I'm just getting used to Yahtzee's voice, and whether I keep drifting in and out, but that seemed really short, even if the timebar says 4 mins...

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Hmm, every single thing I've heard about this game so far seems to focus on being able to destroy many, many big things. My only opinion on this game is "meh". Nice wedding dress, though.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
TheOnceandFutureKing said:
I cant get it to play so I dont know if he makes mention of it but I believe this is his 100th video with The Escapist.
If you are running an ad blocker, that is probably it. Also, this is the 99th episode...next week what will happen?!?!?!??!?! :)
Nothing good will happen or he'll review a game he actually likes. Maybe the new old Monkey Island game.

...or you guys will hype it up. I don't know which I dread the most.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Now will people stop asking him to review it!?

Now I'm wondering what the next game in the ZP demand box will be?

As for the game itself, it is very fun, blowing up nearly everything in sight is a very good way to blow off steam. Sure its hard later but of course you also need challenge.

Also I don't get the complaints the world is bland... ITS MARS! It was like one ecosystem, maybe two if theories on it's water are true lol!

rated pg

Aug 21, 2008
Decent review, but the game wasn't given as much credit it deserves since it's probably the best game to come out this year thusfar. It's incredibly cathartic and, lack of terrain destruction and occasionally wonky physics, nearly limitless.

And did Yahtzee seriously complain that he couldn't kill civilians (aka the guys you're fighting to free) without consequence? Except Prototype, name me one game you can.

Entropy_kC

Mar 18, 2009
The classic guerilla pun makes a return to a ZP video!

Also, I laughed hard at the Dalec (sp?) and wedding pictures. :D

But yeah, RF1 was rubbish, I liked RF2, but I don't think I'll take part in this one... I mean, I love stealth games, but this one doesn't sound like it is very stealthy, even though it should be...