Zero Punctuation: Red Faction Guerrilla

Ceefax

Mar 14, 2009
Was a good one Yahtzee, as most of em are!

Quick question, how are those first three posts worth putting the users on probabtion for? I don't get it.

eg. Kilgorn said:

'Finally! i waited forever for this one'

User was put on probation for this post.(3 days)

<-confused

Rampant Human

Feb 11, 2009
I'm posting this after reading 4 other posts and I'm never going to read anything anyone might say in response, this is just drunken venting - I loved the original RF (though ironically i never got to finish it) and I would have thought from the majority of the game I played Yahtzee would have loved it (original gameplay, imerssive begining, story plays out during gameplay without interuption, etc) and I really like RFG b/c it is mostly about wanton destruction - and I got the impression (having never been a guerilla fighter) that this IS like guerilla warfare in that they geared it towards you having to hit and run - it is annoying that legions of guards show up from every direction and you can't carry much ammo, but that makes it so you have to get in and out quickly and you can't just storm the enemy's main fortress like all the other games Yahtzee complains about for being too macho

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
Ceefax said:
Was a good one Yahtzee, as most of em are!

Quick question, how are those first three posts worth putting the users on probabtion for? I don't get it.

eg. Kilgorn said:

'Finally! i waited forever for this one'

User was put on probation for this post.(3 days)

<-confused
I think it was the timing. This topic has problems with people just posting as soon as the topic has opened without watching the video, which destroys the whole point of this discussion.

Jun 8, 2009
I haven't played this game but that felt the most like a proper review for a while now. Yahtzee was pretty much on form this time. I thought this was one of Yahtzee's finer moments.

I might well go out and get this game, sounds like its up my street.

Kaijj

May 5, 2009
Hmm... is it just me or did this episode stay a lot cleaner than usual? It looked like he censored himself a little. Or im crazy. Im not sure.

SolidSnake1234

Jul 21, 2009
It seems that this is game will be on his fail list...yet again. Ah, the creators of games are not paid enough for this.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Okay.

Let me explain this... for the last... time.

The Red Faction: Guerilla Mining Sledge has a mass driver in the head. As you swing it it pops out, increasing the mass and force of the blow a hundred fold. It's not you, it's the hammer. It's a hightech supersledge.

LeQuack_Is_Back

May 25, 2009
He didn't like RF1? (Says this as he walks around the corner into 3 sniper-mercs with Rail Drivers)

I can't imagine why <.<

Thank you for reviewing this, Yahtzee. As much as you just verbally assaulted one of my favorite games of this year, someone had to point out the trouble spots for the RFG fans who have spent the all this time gushing about what a great game they all bought.

burninfidels

Jul 16, 2009
TaborMallory said:
MonkeySlayer said:
I dunno if I'm just getting used to Yahtzee's voice, and whether I keep drifting in and out, but that seemed really short, even if the timebar says 4 mins...
Perhaps it's because they're getting boring.
Yahtzee is losing his spark.
I don't think so. You must have watched many if not all of his episodes. One simply builds up tolerance to any single comic over time. Had this with many writers or sketch groups. If you find him constantly boring then better just stop watching, otherwise you will grow to hate him.

But he still makes brilliant reviews now and then, like Sims 3. I enjoy tremendously even the weaker reviews, simply because I like his reasonably broad vocabulary.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
burninfidels said:
TaborMallory said:
MonkeySlayer said:
I dunno if I'm just getting used to Yahtzee's voice, and whether I keep drifting in and out, but that seemed really short, even if the timebar says 4 mins...
I don't think so. You must have watched many if not all of his episodes. One simply builds up tolerance to any single comic over time. Had this with many writers or sketch groups. If you find him constantly boring then better just stop watching, otherwise you will grow to hate him.

But he still makes brilliant reviews now and then, like Sims 3. I enjoy tremendously even the weaker reviews, simply because I like his reasonably broad vocabulary.
I've seen them all. The older ones still make me laugh, regardless of how many times I've watched them.

Is it I who's losing interest, or Yahtzee who's running out of ideas?

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
man, I absolutely LOVED this one! it's touching and brilliant, there's a whole movie script in there waiting to be made into a 3-hour long drama epic.

with Daniel Radcliffe on cocaine playing Yahtzee.

burninfidels

Jul 16, 2009
TaborMallory said:
burninfidels said:
TaborMallory said:
MonkeySlayer said:

I've seen them all. The older ones still make me laugh, regardless of how many times I've watched them.
Well, you watched them first, were funny and original back then and thus they ingrained themselves in your memory as such. You cannot be honestly sure that, if the sequence was reversed and you watched the current ones first, the effect would have been the same.
TaborMallory said:
Is it I who's losing interest, or Yahtzee who's running out of ideas?
Well, if either is the case then I would stop watching, otherwise you will just suffer. And this is not even me being a jerk. I really believe that. I did it with some funny stuff that ceased being funny to me, actually.