Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil 6

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Roofstone said:
I'll just leave this miracleofsound gem here. <3
LOL
Wigglesticks should accompany every review of RE6.

Hats off to ZP for digging up the final boss to the original Slaughterhouse.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
Well, guess we know at least one game that's gonna wind up on Yahtzee's top 5/bottom 5 this year.

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
Assassin Xaero said:
Not completely on subject, but my copy of Jam came Monday, and so far it is really good and pretty funny.
I'm still waiting for my copy...
Damn it, Royal Mail!

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
themilo504 said:
Was hoping for x com because I?m curious or you actually like it.
I am afraid he does not review strategy games for some reason which was explained in his review of the strategy game Halo Wars.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I guess this was one of those hard to review games because he didn't like it or disliked it as much to review it with passion.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
Tuesday morning my dog had dirraeha all over the carpet. He then (while we were all asleep) ate bits of it, and threw it up again in the living room. When I tried to clean it up, i thought it was all barf and ended up smearing that shit into a line on the carpet. I am now going to blame Yahtzee for this (despite him having nothing to do with it) because of that last line.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I was hoping he'd mention how Jake is voiced by the same guy who did the voice of default man voice 1 in Saints Row 3, because I actually found that really distracting.

Zukipuu

Oct 17, 2012
I see that planet Earth chuggin on a bottle of Clorox there... nicely played.

But when I heard the game was riddled with QTE's again I stepped far far back and refused to touch with a sanitized 10foot barge pole held my someone else.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
themilo504 said:
Was hoping for x com because I?m curious or you actually like it.
He is always a week behind schedule of the releases, so I would guess XCOM will we next.
Then again, it came out the same day as Dishonored, so it could go either way...

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Roofstone said:
I'll just leave this miracleofsound gem here. <3

And great review, the online stuff pissed me off too.. Sigh..
I've watched that about 5 times in a row and I'm still laughing. This incredibly accurate song leaves even Yahtzee's review out in the cold!

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
He sounded kinda tired in this one. Guess he didn't have enough new material or anger to work with. Oh well Redfield joke was still funny as hell.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
While this might just be yet another bad review ontop of a mountain of bad reviews, every single video about how bad this game is still fills me with pure, utter joy.

See boys and girls? This is what happens when you stop trying to be yourself, and instead change your personality to emulate all "the cool kids". You just end up looking like a total ****. Hey, Capcom! Maybe if you actually attempt to one day make a RESIDENT EVIL game, and you try your hardest, you might make another spectacular game, like 4 or the remake of the original. Just start believing in yourself again and not others.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I hated the first 3 resident evils and would have probably hated 4 on gamecube. But on the Wii RE4 was brilliant because you could AIM with the wiimote.

Plus when I played through it I was working on a kidney stone so I had the immersive feeling of a foreign body tearing up my insides the whole time.

baseracer

Jul 31, 2009
Ok, I'm gonna bite.

Why didn't Yathzee play local co op? That's loads of fun and you don't get idiots that are online.

Smokescreen

Dec 6, 2007
My issues with RE6 have involved three things:

1) No manual. This might have been OK if there had been a 'training' section but there isn't. You just have to read what's on the screen fast enough to capture the data. I'm certain there are moves I am missing/don't understand because NOTHING IS TELLING ME WHAT ANYTHING MEANS.

2) You can't pause the game. In 2012. A problem that was solved in the 1980's, then solved again in L4D, exists in RE6. This really is a problem for people who have to use the bathroom, sometimes.

3) This is the big one: the game won't let me play it the way I want to play it. For example: Everyone is complaining about ammo, and rightly so! If you're supposed to shoot zombies, give us enough ammo to do so. But you are given the option to increase the amount of ammo dropped. Except I don't have enough points for that; I can, instead, upgrade my firearm skill...just in time to meet bigger bads, who apparently shrug off my firearm skill. So there's no point in ever selecting an upgrade to firearms or defense, because you need bullets. So the skill selection element feels pointless.

Another example: I'm currently playing Chris's game, and I'm on the aircraft carrier. It's a large space and large spaces are frequently known for their hiding of ammo which I desperately need. But the zombies never stop coming. I can explore but I'm actively punished for doing so, being given tougher enemies and less ammo.

It's even worse if Agent Hunt is on, because then people come in and just circle/strafe you, and they don't give you ammo when you kill them, ever, but they can just respawn and keep coming.

Why even put crates in hidden spaces if you're going to put the screws to anyone who tries to find your cool thing?

I could deal with the QTEs (they don't seem that bad to me) and I could deal with the bizarrely dark environments (I have pushed up the brightness in big ways) and I could even deal with just playing the game the way they're telling me I ought to but don't give me options and then insist they are meaningless! Jebus, this game seems to want to prevent me from having fun.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
So he didn't like it??
Or well that's how I understood it...
And apparently multiplayer is fun if you're able to screw someone :)

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Was looking forward for Yahtzee to tear this game a new one and he didn't disappoint.

With that said,I might check it out when price goes down if I'm in the mood.