Zero Punctuation: Resistance 3

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
All this time, I've been waiting for him to realize that the Resistance games are actually exactly the kind of shooters he likes. It's a shame he never played the first two, or he would have realized it much sooner.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Tin Man said:
Well I did play the first 2 Resistance games, thought they were great and would've gladly got this if I still had a PS3... Bit of a shame to see certain elements ripped off, but fuck it, lets face facts gentlemen, very little in the AAA gaming world isn't 'borrowed'...
Insomniac Games have had this kind of gameplay since the first Ratchet and Clank game, which was released 2 years before HL2.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Aside from the SSBB review, is this really the first time where Yathzee went silent without being part of the actual joke?

personion

Dec 6, 2010
This was the most hilarious review I've ever seen in my life. It seemed like yahtzee was enjoying the review, and I was laughing the whole way through.

captnb2thep

Dec 30, 2010
Haha, this one was definitely one of the best ones I've seen in a while. However, I do think it was a little fanboy-ish of Yahtzee to say Resistance 3 was ripping off Half-Life. We get it Yahtzee, you like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Silent Hill 2, and Valve games, but just because it has similarities to a game you like, doesn't mean that its ripping it off lol, it could just mean just that, they are similar. I've never really played the resistance games before, save a little bit of the first one, but this seems like another reluctantly positive Zero Punctuation review haha. I still probably won't pick it up though.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
Why does it always come back to how Valve deserves to have its cock sucked for making everything we know in modern videogames possible.

PizzaSHARK

Jan 22, 2011
hooksashands said:
Why does it always come back to how Valve deserves to have its cock sucked for making everything we know in modern videogames possible.
Because they're the only big-name gamemaker that hasn't fallen into "two weapons, regenerating health, cover-based gameplay" shitpile that virtually everyone else has gotten sucked into thanks to Modern Warfare and Gears of War (the first ones) making trainloads of money.

Serious Sam 3 will be a damn good game. The first two are stellar examples of the classic shooter, and the third will be as well.

Battlefield 3 will probably be another game that COULD be good if EA wasn't full of monkeys, just like Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 2142.

The rest is gonna be a pile of shit that people will still waste their money on for some reason.

Splitfire3

Dec 20, 2008
What Yahtzee seems to expect from this franchise is what killed the experience for me.. I put Resistance Fall of Man as one of the best games of all time because of the impressions i sat with afterwards. the other two wasn't even close to the same experience.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Quake made that stuff long before.

But if they were copying valve they would release the game in episodes one every 5 years or so. Also have some female soulless characters pissing in your ear for most of the game like they were your wife.

OH and totally pointless copy pasted physic puzzels and a million explosive barrels everywhere.

Anyways ravenholm was probably the most fun in half-life 2. Maybe because the hag that followed you went her own way. And you met the reverend that was actually not a whiney kid of a character.

Jumping puzzles were alot more interresting if they actually had to have something.

JIMMYXD

Nov 19, 2009
This review was weird. It seems like Yahtzee is either using better quality slides or just a better video format and his script sounds different too.
Why the sudden change I wonder...

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Great video. Definately up there with the spoof Duke Nukken, Wolftensitin and Minecraft reviews as some of his best works.

Wait, Gordon Freeman had a beard, Yahzee has a beard... Give us Gordon, Yahzee!

(I hope someone hasn't already made that joke...)

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Nice one Yahtz. However one thing they can't take from HL... good ol' Gordy!