Zero Punctuation: Resistance 3

cmdrmonkey

Apr 19, 2010
Yahtzee probably would have liked the first Resistance as well. It also had kind of a Half-Lifey feel to it.

aquibmsa

Aug 14, 2009
Jeez , seeing that episode three won't be coming till Yahtzee is 75, i think it is acceptable to have a clone at the moment

Voiles

Feb 28, 2011
Wow, this has got to be one of the BEST Zero Punctuations I've seen! That was absolutely fantastic!

Osaka-chaness

Jul 4, 2009
Haven't been around to watch one of these in ages...but at least I laughed a bit watching this. xD

As for IG "copying" Valve...I didn't know that kind of stuff was "copyrighted" to Valve? Sure it's similar but that doesn't mean it can't be used again.

It's at least good to know they moved away from R2's "borrowing" of the two weapon, regenerating health thing but at least the regenerating health thing made sense in game. Going back to the original is MUCH better than keeping that. To be honest though, Yahtzee (dunno if you actually are reading these still since it's kinda late for my update haha), Ratchet and Clank had the same things that are in Resistance, gameplay wise...maybe the story was "borrowed from" a BIT but as for the multiple weapons, aliens, and health packs (of sorts), they were in Insomniac Games "previous" series as well. So if anything they used their OWN ideas for how the gameplay works at least.

If you're going to go back and play one of the games in the series, play the original Resistance, and just wikipedia plot stuff for Resistance 2...just not as fun as the rest xD

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
I hate Sony games with a fever and even this made me laugh. this might possibly be one of the best episodes yet.

ThatNewKid

Dec 21, 2011
Sudenak said:
Damn. Had my hopes up that a game was finally pushing ahead with nice game mechanics, only to learn that it's basically ripping off HL2. Hopefully it's just a massive coincidence and we'll once more see an FPS that doesn't require you to suck your thumb in a corner.

Until then, I'll cling to my Heretic and Hexen and gaze longingly at next-gen graphics.
By God, does the Escapist have hipsters.

Resistance 3 is not a rip-off of Half-Life 2 and you should stop copying down everything Yahtzee says into your personal Bible as the undeniable truth. Have you played the game? The kin-aesthetics of the game are much different: the game feels different. Like how there's something that you can't put your hand on that makes Doom 3 feel/play differently from Doom 2...even if you did speed it up by 1.5 times, it still just doesn't play the same.

Also if you want an FPS that doesn't require you to suck your thumb in a corner go play Serious Sam 3. That game is what modern arcade-y shooters should be: full arcade-y and fast-paced, not some "wavering in the middle, don't know if I want to be realistic or not" bullcrap like the Modern Warfare series.

And if you actually think Heretic and Hexen aren't skins of Doom...

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Well, if you take parts of games that are actually... GOOD.... and make GOOD game in the meantime, then WHY THE HELL NOT :)

Pescetarian

Jul 6, 2010
Oh yeah? Well, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, if you change the letters around, becomes "A Brazen, Chewy Ethos"!