Zero Punctuation: Saints Row 2

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Yahtzee likes a sandbox game? That's something new. Almost rolled over laughing about the old ladies. As always awesome review. Brightens up my wednesday that's for sure.

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
Saints Row 2 is a lot of fun! I really enjoyed GTA4 as well, but I can't overlook the incredibly annoying bugs in SR2. If they had just polished up some of the bugs in SR2, it would have been an exceptional game. As is, the game freezes up a lot, the car physics like to go insane every so often, and AI will mess up during missions a bunch and make you replay from previous checkpoints to get them out of endless loops. It really breaks up the flow when you have to restart your xbox just to keep playing...

CMWaters

Sep 17, 2008
Two things:

1)I wholeheartedly endorse giving Yahtzee whatever means necessary to have that Supervillain Sandbox style game see the light of day.

2)I would have never, EVER, *EVER* (shifts to 1999 Chris Jericho)EEEEEEEEVER (shifts back to normal) expected Yahtzee to make a Team Rocket reference.

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
Awesome video, this one feels a bit like the older ones again. Good job. I'll have to get around to playing Saints Row before I can say the review was spot on, but the complaints of GTA hit home with me.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Very good review, balancing the usual negativity (ultra-accurate shooting & regenerating health) with positives (have some bloody fun, gamers!) and even a gay joke or two.

"In my face! DO IT!"

Classic Yahtzee.

DarkOminus

Oct 29, 2008
Yahtzee that was a sweet review im still laughing, keep up the epic reviews man your a legend a my game guru :D team rocket ref ROFL

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
Anybody notice the Monty Python's Flying Circus reference?

Well done Yahtzee. It almost makes me want to play this game. Sadly I have no XBox and no heaps of money to throw around all willy-nilly.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Well I'm surprised he gave it a chance, and shares my opinion on the matter. I still think GTA IV is the "better" game - but I find Saints Row 2 way more fun and addicting.

Soapbar

Aug 29, 2008
"Realism is an acceptable sacrifice if I get to throw old ladies into jet turbines"

AMEN!

For me, the best ZP to date. I agree with everything said about GTA4, for me that game is the most depressing/overrated game I've ever played.(I know most disagree, and I'm not looking to start an argument over this).

spiritslayr

Smart AI
Oct 25, 2008
Bah, I didn't like this one much but that's probably due to me finding games like Saints Row and GTA incredibly boring most of the time. Still if that batman game he suggested ever came out I would so buy it.
I wonder if Yahtzee will do a GOW2 review, it is one of the most anticipated games of the year. I wouldn't count on it based on how he treated it in his e3 trailers video though.

Zipidi Duda

Oct 29, 2008
So.. uhm.. I'm probably the only one who still hates Saints Row 2?.. I hate the game like a fat boy hates working out.

pingnak

Sep 27, 2007
Hmm... call me slow, but I still haven't even finished GTA IV. Maybe that says something about the gameplay. I liked an earlier GTA better, where I looked at the stats toward the end of the game and discovered I had killed over 10,000 people. Well COME ON! The sidewalks are always less congested! Well, not as congested with cars and things that can damage MY car, anyway. Getting five stars was FUN, and I could usually get away with it. Maybe I'll find a convenient attack helicopter or tank in this game eventually...?

I mean, sure, in GTA IV it's gratifying to hit a minivan at 100+MPH with a police car and see the driver crawl out on fire and hear a little kid screaming 'mommy' and die as the car explodes... but it doesn't happen ENOUGH.

And WTF happened to head shots? Used to be able to POP heads with the rifles. Now you can stand over a body and shotgun the head repeatedly and nothing happens. 'Realism' my ass! It's like frickin' DISNEY took over the development.