Zero Punctuation: Saints Row 2

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Shiuz91 said:
P.S. The super villian game would kick so much ass.
Just don't let Molyneux near it.

Was a good review, but I think the Escapist Show preview spoiled it a bit. But it did leave out the rubbish music.
If Molyneux got it, it would be like giving a hand grenade to a 2 year old. Yes, bad things would happen....but....how amusing would the "POLICE CAMERA ACTION" stylee show be :).

P.S. i <3 Molyneux

DanTheBigMan

Oct 18, 2008
CMWaters said:
2)I would have never, EVER, *EVER* (shifts to 1999 Chris Jericho)EEEEEEEEVER (shifts back to normal) expected Yahtzee to make a Team Rocket reference.
Me, either, although it raises the question... Does Yahtzee like Pokemon games? I'd imagine not, and that he'd run them through with rusty nails shaped like penises(see the Turok review), but it would be an interesting watch.

On the main point, I've only played a borrowed copy of the first game, and I found every single point in this review completely backwards compatable with the last one. Good, wholesome, honest, sandboxy, hypothetical barrel of hypothetical monkeys fun, but more annoying than an actual barrel of actual monkeys.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Oh my god, the world must have come to an end. Ben likes yet another game. This seems to happen quite a lot recently. First it was Braid, then S.T.A.L.K.E.R and now this. Would this mean that the gaming industry has grown better? Meh. But I would like to see Yahtzee reviewing Little Big Planet.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Danny Ocean said:
Has anyone else noticed the 'censored' boxes over the genitals have gotten bigger since the first review?
You worry me at times...
I worry me at times. Although this time it's ok, I just noticed the box was as big as the old lady. Then that got me thinking back to other censor boxes.

Yeah.

katsabas said:
Oh my god, the world must have come to an end. Ben likes yet another game. This seems to happen quite a lot recently. First it was Braid, then S.T.A.L.K.E.R and now this. Would this mean that the gaming industry has grown better? Meh. But I would like to see Yahtzee reviewing Little Big Planet.
What was that game that made him lower his standards? Halo 3?

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
CMWaters said:
I would have never, EVER, *EVER* (shifts to 1999 Chris Jericho)EEEEEEEEVER (shifts back to normal) expected Yahtzee to make a Team Rocket reference.
Agreed.

I would so totally play that sandbox villain game. There's a fortune to be made there.

NeoMordiki

Oct 22, 2008
if only I hadn't eaten lunch I might have been first ah well time to see what yahtzee has to say this time..

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
sweet, awsome many other verbs nouns... anyway awsome video goota check out saints row 2

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
I have the strange need to cast of all my clothes and hip thrust infront of old ldies......

Cybergangster

Oct 18, 2007
I'd buy into that supervillain game!

In other news - woe! Did not expect SR2 to get a positive review - must go and seek this one out now!

GodbeStrongMon'

Oct 20, 2008
Shiuz91 said:
Evilbunny said:
Ali Elfaki said:
NIce cant w8 2 c...1st???
It's amazing, every week practically somebody just has to post something like this, and every week they are banned. It's like watching lemmings run off a cliff or something.
I know I really enjoy it. Anyway cool review I was hoping for Fable 2 but maybe next week.

P.S. The super villian game would kick so much ass.
I have no' tha sla'test idea how ta' get in touch with Yahtzee but Some'un please tell 'im 'at the game Evil Genius is fairly reminiscent of the Super Villain game he seem ta' be describing, soooo if I might suggest it (as pitifully unimportant as me' opinion be).

Awesome review, even if others seem to think when he praises a game 'e's no' funny I believe 'e is.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Brilliant review, I laughed my way through the entire thing. Nice to see him back on the old track, before the S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky review, it had become a bit mediocre..

RedMenace said:
PS: I would buy a game that allows you to make your own comic book villain and terrorize the city. In fact Im surprised no one has made such a game yet.
Well there is City of Villians, might be something alike to what you're lookng for... I don't know, never played it, only have the name to go on.

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
Two minds is a funny place to be. I love Yahtzee for his great reviews, but at the same time he goes and says silly things like 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer was shit'.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
What was the pokemon reference? There's always the chance that it didn't appear there first : )