Zero Punctuation: Shadow of the Colossus

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Vrach said:
KingPiccolOwned said:
The end line was epic XD
Reminds me of an old 'A Bit of Fry and Laurie' sketch:

Good review, but any game that doesn't bow down to the PC master race is a sin in itself! Seriously though, kinda sucks not to be able to play some awesome games when they don't make a PC version as I'm just not into consoles :(
Damn, and you almost got a friend from me, but your damn snobbishness has ruined it (and I play SCII and other such computer games)....... jk.

Zudarkness

Feb 24, 2010
It is a damn good game but not one of my favorits irronically. One of my overall favorites was for the PS 1 Thousand Arms. It a JRPG game, simple to play and funny as hell

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
Kingsman said:
WHOO! He finally reviews a game I actually have!

This one looked like it was just gonna fly under the radar, and it's gratifying to see it finally get its just desserts.
wow, you don't get around the internet gaming society much. I've been reccomended Shadow of the Collosus countless times and have heard of how awesome it is so often (i still haven't played it, can't get my hands on a copy, and sorry guys, i don't buy off the internet as i lack a credit card/parents-who-support-my-hobby). So it only ever flew under the radar of those who only started playing games during the Xbox360 Halo/COD trend. and also the grandma's who play Bejeweled and the wii.

On topic, its odd how Yahtzee's description of the Collosus made me thing about some of the Monsters you get to fight at later stages in Monster Hunter. Sorry if i set down some firewood, i'll just leave it at that.
Oh, and i didn't Enjoy the game "ico" when i played it. maybe i was too young to appreciate it though.

GeekisKhan

Aug 11, 2010
Neino Ranatos said:
I would like to join Yahtzee in his "no to Starcraft 2" club house. I may play some RTS games, but I'm not going to bother with it just because its so popular. I'll stick to my old Westwood Studios RTS games, thanks.
It's popular... therefore you're not going to play it? That is terrible logic, and I hope you never get to play a good game ever again.

Anyway, while I don't care if Yahtzee reviews SCII or not (I mean, I already love the game, so it'd be nice to get a few laughs about it), it's really pathetic that he had to go back to a 2005 game just to avoid reviewing it. this is one of the most anticipated games ever, and he's just putting his fingers in his ears and shouting so he doesn't have to acknowledge it.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Damien Havok said:
I guess SC II can just keep sucking it then?
No, not just StarCraft 2. All RTS games in general.

This was a damn good review. Damn damn good. Etcetera.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
Rogthgar said:
Boring and pointless, whats it going to be next week Crash Bandicoot?
HEY, I think it's time Yahtzee reviewed some older games. that way we can comment on what game we want him to review next instead of picking the obvious new game that just came out. Plus I get a bit of that nostalgia feeling.

yankeefan19

Mar 20, 2009
oogabuga said:
I like that you rip SC2 apart when the escapist gave it a perfect score for a different review.

o_0
He didn't "rip it apart", he just said he didn't like strategy games. It's not like he insulted the story or the characters or the gameplay, he simply said he doesn't like strategy games. On a similar note, does that mean he only reviewed Halo Wars for another chance to say a Halo game wasn't good? I mean, why else would he play a Halo strategy game if he doesn't like Halo or Strategy games?

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
I remember back when they had the beta for SC2 and some fag kid at the lunch table at school constantly bragged about having it while all his fag friends offered to suck his dick to play it. My friends watched and laughed.

Lately I've made a checklist of extra extraordinary games I missed playing out on for the past few years. I checked off Colossus about a year ago and went to MGS3 soon after. My friend let me borrow Resident Evil 4 so I should probably get started on that.