Zero Punctuation: Singularity

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
DoomBlackDragon said:
I laughed very hard from this review. While I had never planned to buy/rent this game. You do point out that the plot was bad and game play was bad just as I figured. At less I saw this one a mile away.
He never actually said any of that, sure he made a couple jokes about the gameplay and said that the spoiler was obvious but he never said they were bad. Hell, even if he did, it doesn't mean that the game isn't good, all Yahtzee rips into games, he doesn't say they're brilliant, so using his reviews as a buyers guide is a pretty terrible idea.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Dude....Harsh!!!

Ok as plot twists go yeah it wasn't all that big of a deal. Until the part right after the plot twist. I still think Singularity is the best FPS to come out this year. Even though there was some elements that didn't make sense.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Well this just tops off all the reasons for me to not buy this game.

Also, I haven't been to Flambard's in like, 10 years.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well one of the key components of entertainment or indeed doing anything that involves an audience is understanding that audience.

BlueP999

Mar 29, 2010
Yahtzee didn't mention the gore and dismemberment in this game (Particularly when using the Seeker).

Still waiting for Yahtzee to review Metro 2033.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Yeah, yeah, good review etc, etc. But the point is did you enjoy the fucking game? I'm guessing not since you found nothing good to mention, apart from the fact it was better then Wolfenstein. Which was made by the same devloper. So I'm glad it achived that at least.

Rage moment over, all good points raised, and all correct, but at least the game stuck it's neck out. It could have gone the wolfenstein route, and do nothing but add a gimick, but it at least tried to make a story. to be frank, it did good for a game with nearly entirely no coverage, and is better then the half hearted shit released as mainstream games, with I suspect a much lower budget. At the end of the day, I liked it for what is was, and there is nothing anyone can do to affect my views.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
It was far better than Wolfenstein, but it's true that it's not a block buster game, I had fun with it, a lot, but it falls short if you play it analysing the plot.

BTW, I've seen a few mentions to Metro 2033, will we see a review of it anytime soon?

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
i actually wasnt to disatisfied with the ending when i found out i could pop the 2 assholes at the end and become supreme ruler of the world

lozfoe444

Aug 26, 2009
TIme travel is quite a tricky thing. What happens if you do something and accidentally make it so you were never born?

Hassao

Jul 2, 2010
Andersen said:
I disagree, I think that while it *used* to be funny to watch him be an asshole, he *used* to give 9/10 games that he reviewed their props for what they did right, so now he's just being a prick making his loyal die-hard fans think that every game is shit.

Singularity is a damn good game, it's too short and yeah its rips off bioshock but it's still damn good. So was Red Dead, Borderlands, and Splinter Cell Convictions, but I don't complain about him ripping on them because at least in those he's funny and make his little fart jokes and what not, but he hasn't even been trying lately.

0/10 for this review (or critique or whatever the fuck you call it)

Nothing even remotely funny

Completely inaccurate on description of the story

Not mentioning any of the FUN aspects of the game, which is important to mention in a game like this where they far outweigh the negative aspects.

EDIT: It's also very clear that he plays games on easy, but in normal and hard mode, bullets stop being enough, so there goes that point. (your move fanboys)
1) It's your opinion that he is not funny.

2) You are a bigger asshole than he is(in this quote).

3) I beat it in 1 1/2 days on normal; then starded it on hard and played for an hour and said "Oh bother I must of set it to normal by axident" restarted on hard again and it was still piss easy.

deginner

Jul 21, 2010
From what i've played this game is not that bad, and from what i've seen the human centiped is very bad, and that film always makes me think of 2 girls and..oh god the flashbacks they burn my soul