Zero Punctuation: Singularity

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Inferior to Half Life and BioShock? Yes. Inferior to Time Shift? Nooooo! No, no, no. At least with Singularity the plot and enemies were mixed up. Time Shift, while similar used it's gimmick in set pieces more than general combat.

I may check this game out when it's reduced, since it comes off as one of Raven's better games in recent years.

werekitsune

Oct 18, 2009
RTR said:
The reference to Human Centipede was unexpected.
Yeah, seriously Yatzhee, I don't mind unbridled humor, but Jesus Christ man

Edit: You really should not have reminded me of that movie

ACHVDragon

Dragon Slayer
Jul 24, 2009
guardian001 said:
I wonder if Raven has heard of the periodic table...

Apparently the Enemies uncovered Einsteinium.
Well, that was discovered in '52, And E99 was found around the same time, probably earlier. And since the Russians conquered after discovery of this element, then... ya.

Also, to everyone who thinks this game sucks badly just because of this review, remember, the Escapist itself gave this game a pretty good review http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7844-Review-Singularity. I don't mean to hate on Croshaw, in fact hes my favorite reason to come back, but it is his job to point out the bad things.

Also, I don't remember that being the plot twist. I swear it was the other thing that happens when it shows the flashbacks at the end (for those who beat the game), seeing how it mentions beforehand that hes the big enemy. But play the game yourself to decide.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Funny stuff this week
I agree with you, that plot twist is about as weak as they come :(
and 3:20 you just had to do that comparison, didn't you? DX<

strangemoose

Aug 29, 2009
alright this was a cool video but what the fuck is up with people getting suspended or put on probation for the littlest things?! 6 people where suspended or put on probation for writing nothing offensive or wrong (well one wrote first) but the other five where perfectly fine and they wrote as followed ( this is going in order from first to last): 1."boom" 2.sweet another title from under the radar(well my radar atleast" << now what the hell did he do wrong?! 3. i am awesome<<< ok that was not offensive but someone decided he should get 7 days suspension 4." finally!<< now what is wrong with that! he/she was excited for this review and happy for its release. 5.yay!<<< now nothing is wrong offensive or spam like from that he/she was just happy that the video was out!.
this is happening all over escapist people getting suspended put on probation or even banned for the stupidest reasons something needs to be done about this

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
"Dear Yanks, please stop being such massive pricks.
Now, we know that you're all xenophobic lunatics who want nothing more than to kill some 'Ruskies', but you've already annihilated the virtual equivalent of the whole population of all CIS countries several times over. Haven't you had enough yet?
Also, note that we, the guys who actually lost the Cold War, haven't made a single game where you'd kill Americans. Please think about that for a second.

Love, Russia."

Xanther

Apr 15, 2009
I know it's kind of sad but to me the end comment was the funniest part. Probably because Flambards is not too far from where I live and it's surreal to see it mentioned. It may be more the out of the blue aspect of it though. Not sure. Brilliant video though.

XxAdNoctisxX

Jul 14, 2010
singularity copies resistance 2 so much it hurts and boss fights with of coarse bubbles highlighted in merry christmas neon light yellow make it feel like i'm being shot back through the most cliche games like dead space or rince and repeat legend of zelda boss fights. And enemies that would make hellghan itch in comparison. I would give this game four pulsating yellow shoot me thumbs up if it had a specific outlook on time travel not Demikhov parts from other half assed shooters before it.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
'Bullet time is so yesterday'

This is very true, but would someone please tell that to the makers of the latest generation of shitty james bond games like trea... ah, BLOODstone and Goldeneye the rehash?

And +2 for the Asparagus man. Anyone who's seen the Mr. Hell Show knows everything is better with Asparagus men.

Brumbek

Apr 6, 2010
I totally agree with him about the end plot twist...they do this whole massive flashback cut scene to show that you saving the scientist changed everything and I was sitting there thinking, um NO KIDDING YOU STUPID GAME! Man, whoever came up with that "twist" at Raven really needs to never ever write another story...

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Wow, that's a lot of people on probation.

Bwehehe i loved the bit in the credits where the imp broke his legs as a kid. bloody hysterical.

MortalForNow

Jan 10, 2010
Honestly, I thought that this looked somewhat interesting through gameplay videos. But now that I've finished Red Dead Redemption (finally) and I'm now just sifting through my other games before I probably buy Skate 3 at its current sale price, this doesn't look so appealing to me. Maybe it's the fact that I still haven't finished Bioshock 2, but that twist seemed incredibly dumb and is a complete dealbreaker for me.

Regarding the video, I'm surprised and pleased that a reference to my favorite song (A Day in the Life) could be used to successfully represent plot holes. Congrats to you for that.

(All Hail Big Hank!)

furry-ryuu-ken

Jun 16, 2010
I would like to see him review "Time splitters 3:future perfect"
I loved that game... well some of it, i never did beet it :(