Zero Punctuation: Skate 2

Rabbi106

Feb 15, 2009
Well, I like most ZP episodes, but this one wasn't as funny as some others. I giggled a bit, though.

FACT.50

Sep 12, 2007
My only complaint about this review, is that every issue he calls out (and even the ones the people in this thread have been pointing out) are all solved by simply pausing the game and looking at the pages of information on everything from terminology to exact steps to pull off every move in the game.

Tony Hawk is like an arcade game compared to the Skate series. I'm not even a fan of skateboarding but both Skate games have been tremendous fun to me. Most user friendly skating games ever made in fact. Also oneof the best sandbox types of games. the perfect thing to just kill a few hours on after work.

The controls are perfect too. Almost every major move starts with a flick of the analog stick, then a number of variables can be pulled off by pressing the shoulder buttons to grab and the face buttons to do things like kicks and such.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Haha, you knew he wasn't going to like this game as soon as you saw what it was. He didn't rag on it as much as I thought he would, but the humour was still very much present.

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
most skate games are pretty much the same. go here thrash on this.. go there chip a tooth or and castrate yourself on that..

the captain

Nov 20, 2008
I have never heard a more accurate portrayal of the entire skater sub-culture than Yahtzee's most recent rant.

Next Week- Goths
Coming Soon- Wannabe Blacks

ExileLink

Nov 28, 2008
Podunk said:
ExileLink said:
Awesome review. Now that you've brought it up (that Green Grass and High tides joke was amazing), would you PLEASE review Rock Band since you actually have it?
I don't think he'll bother, as in his Guitar Hero World Tour review he said "Get this game or Rock Band because it honestly doesn't matter."
But it actually seems like he's trying the game, because if you make it to Green Grass, then you've pretty much unlocked every necessary song in the game. He said he resolved to not buy another Harmonix product (for a badly explained reason) in his review on GHWT, yet here he is actually playing the game and making no mention of GHWT. He has looked back on previous reviews before, and he has done many comparisons within reviews.

And he'd rather play Rock Band than Skate 2 is what I'm saying. Gimme a break.

Auron555

Jun 15, 2008
I liked this one more than most recent ones. It was an intelligent review equally comprised of flaming and opinion. Great work.

crimped

Feb 3, 2008
yes! no intro! can that shit! good review. i feel the same way about skate2 after playing the demo for all of ummm 15 minuets. now if it only had big tits in it then, ok, you got a great game!

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Unfortunately my skating skill is such that if tony hawk broke his legs he would still be better than me at it :( and my Game-Skating is roughly the same, the way for me to earned 10,000 point in the game is to do 100 ollies and a grind . Oh well Good review Yahtzee, no matter the game-type.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
I never thought Yahtzee would have taken an interest in sports/sim games.

So basically: "Skate 2 is only for people who are already 'onboard'- no pun intended."
So basically, this review told me what I already knew...albeit in a hilariously elaborate manner.

AndresCL

Feb 2, 2009
"Awesome jokes, no intro, no ad. Simply great" - Random asskisser

(Okey, random asskisser is me)

The Immortal

Jan 8, 2009
Great video, I thought it was better than your more recent ones, but those were still good enough to get a few girlish giggles out of me.

Aschenkatza

Jan 14, 2009
Great review, every single piece of skater lingo went right over my head. =P
I can see why you only got 400 though Yahtzee, curing all the worlds diseases isn't as cool as kissing a puppy. /comfort

BTW: Anyone else notice that like.. half the front page got reported?