Zero Punctuation: Skate 2

capnjack

Jan 6, 2009
Nice, this review actually made me laugh out loud. I absolutely love Zero Punctuation, I've watched all the videos, and this is one of my favourite ones so far. It's not my favourite, though... That honour goes to the Guitar Hero review where he says something like "I'd rather put a razor wire down my throat, pull it out of my ass and floss myself to death." I also love the one where Yahtzee says something about removing part of his spine and eating his ass. LOL

Anyway, glad to see another great review. Most people like to make a big fuss over nothing - Yahtzee obviously has talent, but some reviews are going to be worse, and sometimes they'll be consistently worse. But you can expect that for any medium that lasts long enough.

Slightly Live

Feb 16, 2009
Awesome video.

I think you managed to conjure up exactly how I feel about the whole "genre" of skating games and the general demographics that they are aimed at.

I think I'll go watch again soon.

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
I had to rewind just to get half of his jokes, and it appeared to have an enormous amount of venom while not really hating the game.

Or in short, awesome. Best ZP video in a while.

Ange1ofD4rkness

Jan 14, 2009
Let me just say once again a great review. I loved it and it kept me laughing I can't relate to this one, cause I played the tony hawks which make tricks sometimes easier, except if the analog stick is slightly off or the time is really short to mash a whole bunch of buttons in order

xanith02100

Feb 1, 2009
There are actually two separate buttons for your legs? I'm all for having lots of control, but that seems crazy even to me.

I enjoyed some of the old Skater games from the past (like... the first Tony Hawk game on Playstation in the past), but once they hit all "GTA-esque openworld go wherever you want" I sort of lost interest. If psycho controls is the next step from there I'm even more afraid to try and play any of the newest ones now.

goin-mad

Oct 24, 2008
I like that the imp is so much better at Skate than Yahtzee, hilarious.
The name of the song is "Green Grass and High Tides" not hills, and who can't beat that song on expert?
Then again I play bass . . .

CastaliaMoirae

Oct 22, 2008
Well this is a break from his usual style, both in the review and the choice of game (though I guess the choice wasn't his to make). It was good though. I enjoyed the anthropological standpoint. :p Also, did anyone notice how many people were suspended or put on probation earlier in this thread for seemingly normal posts?

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Therumancer said:
Well a few things

For starters I know Left Behind (never played it), I've played Uncharted (decent but unexceptional game, I don't get why Yahtzee calls it white supremist though, other than as a joke), but what is the third one that he said was about child molestation? Some Sailor Moon game? I occasionally miss out on his referances when he trots out a game as part of a joke I don't recognize.
I think, I do not know, that is a game for the DS in japan. The idea is to rub the stylis across some parts of characters bodies. I don't know the purpose, but just the reception it recieved when it came out. I could also be mixing it up with the bullet train groping game.

Arcaite

Jan 8, 2009
reply #7 is now reply #1. poster #8 profits =p

I enjoyed the review, though I felt perhaps that Yahtzee's own (alleged) failure to identify with skate culture got very slightly disproportionate amounts of attention?

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
duck_the_hitman said:
wonderful!
no stupid ad
no annoying samey intro that we've seen/heard a million times
The cat came back, the very next day--.... ;)

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Think the suspensions were mainly for posts like 'woo first' or 'hi' or 'I liked it'. Not really in the spirit of the Escapist, we prefer more than 2 words here, (tho I err in the other direction, rarely being able to make a simple point in under a page).

Was nice to see him take the angle of 'it's all very nice, but it's just not meant for me, I'm sure you'll like it if you're into that sort of thing, but its not for everyone'. Think it was a lil more informative than some can be.

peterrflynn

Jul 16, 2008
Very funny review! Made me chuckle as I've also never understood skating games.

I must admit that I used to skate in real life but only did it a few times before giving up and trying rollerblading (back in the late '80's). Much easier way of getting about (although don't do either now...)

One thing I do remember about skating is trying the Marty McFly foot kick to pick up your skate board. I tried that once and the lovely sandpaper that was on the board sand-papered my hand - oh well...

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Good review as always i laugh afew times. Keep of the good work and i can't skate worth a crap.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
It seems to me that the skate series puts more emphasis on the whole bone breaking set up... even though it doesn't really hinder anything in the long run.

And BTW, what the **** is that game that pops up at every mention of pedos? Looks creepy even from afar...

Jabbawocky

Sep 3, 2008
Why is everyone saying there is no intro, I saw one.

Thanks for the review, due to your masterful examination of this game I have decided not to get it on the basis that I will not understand s***all that it asks me to do.