Zero Punctuation: Skate 2

Zeet

Dec 25, 2008
Hey, if you really want to be Green Grass And High Tides, tap through it with the Rock Band Guitar on the Zig-Zag's in the second solo (green, red, yellow, red, green, red, yellow, red, green, etc etc). Just hit Green Red Yellow, Green Red Yellow, screw that extra green =P Use you're overdrive if anything. Then during the break before the second set of zig-zags there will be a chance to get Overdrive, just tap 'em and use your whammy, if done right you'll get enough energy to be able to go into Overdrive. Then use it again during second set of zig-zags, and after that save up more energy 'cause you'll need it for the triplets... Good luck!

Maku1024

Oct 21, 2008
Woah, I finally beat Green Grass and High Tides for the first time a week ago. Talk about mindfuck. *Cough*ReviewMetalSlug7*Cough*

Danny Smooth

Nov 10, 2005
My main gripe with skate boarding games is the how they handle how the board "sticks" to your feet. Inevitably, I find myself in an empty pool or half pipe and suddenly I'm air-borne without a board. The board, you see, clipped into and is lodged in the no-space beneath the ramp.

When I was younger, I loved games like this and my interest peaked with Jet Set Radio Future. Since then, I haven't really experienced that much joy playing skating games.

ZeroRyoko1974

Jan 7, 2009
Are people getting some kind of award for most times suspended/banned/probation for being the first to comment on a video without actually watching it? I don't quite get why that seems to be a popular past time. Interesting video. The only real reason I play any skateboarding games is for the gruesome bone breaking face plants

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
Of ALL Yahtzee's reviews, this one quite possibly irritated me the most. Ben goes out of his way to insult everything about skateboarding, then openly admits he doesn't know anything about it while bashing this game.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF REVIEWING A SKATEBOARDING GAME THEN, YAHTZEE?!?

It would be like me reviewing a Rugby game. I don't know anything about the sport, how can I possibly have an accurate or educated opinion of the game.

You COMPLETELY missed everything unique about this game such as: Customizable environments, the ability to get off your board and run to an inaccessible spot, adding "cat and mouse" skate spots in which you have to run from security during an entire session, a significantly easier navigation tool, etc, etc, etc.

Ben, I know you exist solely to entertain 15 year olds that love anything to do with complaining on the internet, but PLEASE at least try to do something professional like RESEARCHING what you're talking about. Agree or not, you are a JOURNALIST. At least try to act like one. (Well try to act like a real one, not one of these tabloid-twats running around these days)

Cockney_Jesus

Feb 18, 2009
I tried the demo (even though I know very little about skating,) I can definitely see that skateboarding fans would love it although I also had trouble with the analogue stick controls, could never do the right trick! =(

sooperspook

Feb 19, 2009
Funny as always although I do have one complaint.

Why did you lump Christians in with white supremacists and child molesters? As an asian father it's rather insulting to have my religion placed in such company.

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
This video was great. Much better than LBP review (I had no feelings for the Thief video). I still think that the GoW 2 review was better than this one, but then again, I haven't played skate 2 (I have played several Tony Hawk games), so all I know is that the controls are extremely difficult. Which brings me to my favorite part, the controls rant. So true, so true.

Ryuzaki said:
A great review, laughed at the over complex controls. I got the intro straight away, wish they would get rid of the pop up ad though and just put it at the end of the video. (Then I wouldn't have to watch it) Looking forward to next weeks video.
Same here. I missed the intro on my first viewing. I am also not happy about the new ad overlay. It's annoying, it has bad music, and it makes me want to stop watching videos. I ended up blocking the ads (by blocking the ad server). Now I see the videos without all those stupid popup ads.

pyromcr said:
this was the first game in a while he absolutaly hated!!!
I felt like he liked this game somewhat. I think he hated the Sonic Unleashed game way more.

goin-mad said:
I like that the imp is so much better at Skate than Yahtzee, hilarious.
I thought that was funny too.

stevetastic

Oct 22, 2008
damn
i didn't laugh once sorry
also you can change the camera angle in the menu and there is a section in the tricks menu which tells you terms of skating and finally why didn't he pick on the most obvious and worst problem with the game the god awful on-foot sections with the worst controlls evar.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
stevetastic said:
...why didn't he pick on the most obvious and worst problem with the game the god awful on-foot sections with the worst controlls evar.
In all fairness, probably because it is a skateboarding game, not a "walk around on foot" game. The walking gets a pass because it's meant to be a "walk up the stairs" mechanic. If you're running around everywhere, you're kinda missing the point of the game.

Arionis

Oct 19, 2008
Is anyone else seeing the posts put on probation are comments saying along the lines "Good work" ? o0

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
I made the mistake of trying to watch it in class.
I was still laughing when the teacher was lecturing me for goofing off during class.