Zero Punctuation: Skate 2

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
Reviewing a sports game was an unexpected move. I can honestly say that I never expected this.

That Imp must really spend a lot of time on games like this to get that many points.

Wounded Melody

Jan 19, 2009
sooperspook said:
Funny as always although I do have one complaint.

Why did you lump Christians in with white supremacists and child molesters? As an asian father it's rather insulting to have my religion placed in such company.
I don't think that was his intention at all. He was just pointing out the "themes" of 3 random games...

out0v0rder

Dec 16, 2008
taiki said:
Yahtzee is a little confused. Skate 2 is pretty US Centric and thus from a country with NO free health care.

...which I guess goes to show exactly how retarded American skaters are.
Its funny because arguably the BEST skaters are from America.

Sah_Kuh

Feb 21, 2009
What I don't get is why people whine about be insulted by the comedians THEY WATCH. If you don't like him, don't watch him, and really don't say you got offended by a comedian on his turf. The only reason it's okay for Yahtzee to be so offensive, even to specific groups, is because he doesn't hide the jokes when the joked about come around. If you can't tell a joke in one place, you can't tell it anywhere.

Too bad about those people who got banned, but as usual, a great five minutes of fun.

Captain-Matt

Feb 21, 2009
Random point I know, but that was a Fiat Punto... not a Bravo.

Yeah I'm a car geek but Yahtzee hardly ever mentions cars, so I might as well jump on his wrong words XD

Loved the Dune reference anyway :)

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
This one was pretty good, but in some points it was quite difficult to understand what he was saying (I mean even more difficult than usual). I've never understood the point of skating or games about it either.

M4rsch

Feb 21, 2009
Bad Yahtzee!
Go review some of the games anybody actually cares about. And please review them and don't just dissolve our ears in a bubble of babble next time

'Twas funny though. Even if i missed the intro and it lacked a review.

NOOBSAUCE

Feb 5, 2009
Good to know that theres another skater game on the market to keep them from faceplanting into my car. thx yahtzee

Neimo

Dec 20, 2007
How about changing the forum system so it auto-bans posters during the first so many minutes as set by a moderator. Don't show the posts so there's no satisfaction. However, put the posts into a "review queue" and if they're legitimate posts, unban the posters and the comments post normally.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
M4rsch said:
Bad Yahtzee!
Go review some of the games anybody actually cares about. And please review them and don't just dissolve our ears in a bubble of babble next time

'Twas funny though. Even if i missed the intro and it lacked a review.
The review was "If your a skater/skater fanboy, you'll like it. If not, probably not"

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
The Amazing Orgazmo said:
How come whenever people comment, the first people who made the 3-7 comments always get probation or get banned?
It's usually because they respond before it was humanly possible for them to have watched the entire video. You'll see comments on a 5-minute long video a minute or two after people can start watching it. And sometimes you'll see the above combined with the usual "1st post!" comments and nothing else.

Just my take on the situation, though.

SSilverB

Jan 21, 2009
Destroy Gundam said:
The Amazing Orgazmo said:
How come whenever people comment, the first people who made the 3-7 comments always get probation or get banned?
It's usually because they respond before it was humanly possible for them to have watched the entire video. You'll see comments on a 5-minute long video a minute or two after people can start watching it. And sometimes you'll see the above combined with the usual "1st post!" comments and nothing else.

Just my take on the situation, though.
Yeah, the moderators here don't take kindly to that.

Anyway, this is one of the best reviews I have seen in awhile. Good show.

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
I actually thought this was one of the easiest control schemes in any game I've ever played. It's pretty common sense. Yeah just a few of the specific tricks are a little hard to nail with precise joystick movements, but everything else is spot on.

mad_mick

Jul 19, 2008
skateboarding games are kinda of like having sex with a retarded monkey. fun at first but after a while it becomes very painfull and may cause you to catch aids!! A lovely review, once again my my favriote hat wearing pom. :)