Zero Punctuation: Sonic Unleashed

lockgar

Nov 5, 2008
I heard the day time levels where the only good thing about this game. :p Never mind then, at least you didn't have to suffer through the picture taking mode the 360/ps3 version makes you do. For what ever reason, in those versions you have to cleanse people souls, with a camera.....

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Amplify said:
The video's been up over 20 minutes and there are so few comments? Have I just walked into the twilight zone?
We were late getting it put up today. Tech issues. Nothing sinister.

DrTorte

Oct 31, 2007
Yahtzee sounded unusually angry in this one! Good work. I'm just surprised at how long Team Sonic has kept bashing that poor Hedgehog - you'd have thought they'd have got the point that no one likes the recent games at this point.

Edit to make sense, woohoo.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Lol i wonder how many people have sped off to Yathzee's new website.

As for this episode, well it hurt because im a die-hard sonic fan and because i couldnt stop laughing.

snuffler

Jun 4, 2008
I played sonic...when it was on the sega genesis. It was actually pretty enjoyable. This sounds like a clash between Donkey Kong 64, crossed with, oh I don't know... Line Rider 2?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Wow.
I mean, we expect ZP to rip games apart...but this was like...REALLY ripping it apart. I guess he's been busy with good games and finally had to pick up a really bad one.

Funny, though, don't get me wrong.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
man, i absolutely love it when you truly loathe a games existence. your brutal honesty, whether you love it or not, is what makes you that guy.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
OMG I can't breathe xD. That was beyond hilarious, it felt like Yahtzee put a steak right through sonic's heart, but then stabbed him another 1000 times just to make sure it couldn't stand up.

Fanboy

Oct 20, 2008
Wow, I didn't expect such a purely positive review to come out of Yahtzee; Sonic Unleashed must be a truly awesome game. Well I guess I know what I want for Christmas now.

Gilgamesh00

Nov 22, 2008
Nah, you could never over do it, Yahtzee(even though I never actually played this game). But anyway, good review, funny moments as always.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
lol hitler designing a game :p
loved the review, i knew the new sonic would be crap-on-a-stick

i love the first 3 sonics for the sega, but ever since then its been a downhill dead-mans drop slide >_<

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
lockgar said:
I heard the day time levels where the only good thing about this game. :p Never mind then, at least you didn't have to suffer through the picture taking mode the 360/ps3 version makes you do. For what ever reason, in those versions you have to cleanse people souls, with a camera.....
Sounds a bit like Fatal Frame (or Project Zero).

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
he's right, hedgehogs do make good litter picking devices.

And yeah, If the games demo, the thing which is supposed to sell the bloody thing, can't even go ten minutes without you running blindly into spikey death, then its not looking good.

Makani

Dec 9, 2008
I laughed, but part of me inside died a little as I remembered the ring catching exploits of my childhood.

Ambition

Feb 6, 2008
I don't know who is dumber:

The 'team' that keeps churning out Sonic games with futility like they're Hulk movies

or

the people giving them money to make this shit.

(btw - gamedamage seems to be 'slashdotted')