Zero Punctuation: Sonic Unleashed

trackenstorm

Feb 27, 2009
corectsion Yahtzee thay need to take shadow and shoot him he was the one who messt up the serese or has any onr notist it gos down hill from sonic adventure 2 here are the good sonic games all the game in sonic mega and gems collection and sonic adventure the bad games shadow, sonic the headghog 360. sonic heros, and the sonic riders seres the ok games sonic unleshed sonic dark brotherhood sonic rush 1 not two i heard sonic rush 2 sucked

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
ssgt splatter said:
WHY WON'T SONIC DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and great review
Great review my big fat hairy balls. This stuff just proved of what kind of hack Yahztee is, and proved on how many old school monkeys fill this goddamn forum

qwmn

Mar 5, 2009
Kanashe said:
ssgt splatter said:
Great review my big fat hairy balls. This stuff just proved of what kind of hack Yahztee is, and proved on how many old school monkeys fill this goddamn forum
No need for a temper-tantrum.

Anyway, it's not really about the old school monkeys that fill this forum, it's mainly the ZP fanboys who'll agree and follow all of Yahtzee's reviews, no matter how biased they are.

One thing I find funny, though, is that someone once put this review up on Youtube (which later got deleted), and the video got a low rating and was filled with negative comments.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
qwmn said:
Kanashe said:
ssgt splatter said:

Anyway, it's not really about the old school monkeys that fill this forum, it's mainly the ZP fanboys who'll agree and follow all of Yahtzee's reviews, no matter how biased they are.

One thing I find funny, though, is that someone once put this review up on Youtube (which later got deleted), and the video got a low rating and was filled with negative comments.
Why I'm not suprised. 'Course people who have a working brain and aren't Yahtzee sheep will say what they really think of his crap

brtshstel

Dec 16, 2008
I just wish the original Sonic Team would revive the Sonic franchise and make something as good as the Sonic Adventure games. The recent 3D Sonic games have been garbage encoded on a disc. Does anyone think it's sor of a "if a Sega console can't have it, nobody will."?

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
brtshstel said:
I just wish the original Sonic Team would revive the Sonic franchise and make something as good as the Sonic Adventure games. The recent 3D Sonic games have been garbage encoded on a disc. Does anyone think it's sor of a "if a Sega console can't have it, nobody will."?
and I wish that most of you old school fucks would die in fire, but we can't all have our wishes come true, now can we?

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
qwmn said:
Kanashe said:
ssgt splatter said:

OK first, Kanashe, take a chill pill no need to go off half-cocked and second, qwmn, i'm not a Yahtzee fanboy, i just like his reviews cause they make me laugh. besides, you do have to admit he is right about SOME not ALL of the games he reviews

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
ssgt splatter said:
qwmn said:
Kanashe said:
ssgt splatter said:

OK first, Kanashe, take a chill pill no need to go off half-cocked and second, qwmn, i'm not a Yahtzee fanboy, i just like his reviews cause they make me laugh. besides, you do have to admit he is right about SOME not ALL of the games he reviews
So far he's been right only bout three games: Halo3, Alone in the Dark 5 and Medal of Honor: Air Born. All othere's....Comeplet an utter bullshit. Ya know what, I don't care what he's fans will say, this guy isn't and never was a reviewer. A troll that goes on a ***** fest or over hype spree, yes. Reviewer, no fricking way

brtshstel

Dec 16, 2008
Kanashe said:
and I wish that most of you old school fucks would die in fire, but we can't all have our wishes come true, now can we?
Let me draw it out in crayon for you, since I must have hit somebody's "fanboy troll" button.

1. Wanting a game that is not glitchy (like Sonic the Hedgehog 2006) does not make me an "oldschool fuck." The shoddy camera wants you to die in Shadow. I have no problem with a 3D Sonic game, and thouroughly enjoyed the two Dreamcast titles. MY problem with the latest Sonic titles is faulty mechanics, that's not fundamentalist old school ranting. Sonic Unleashed is an imporvement, but they need to keep going with it. If wanting a game with proper mechanics and is actually done before they release it and I pay my hard-earned dollars for it, then I guess I'm as oldschool as they come.

2. If I really was an "oldschool fuck" I would spout off something like "ZOMG Genesis FTW" or "2D or GTFO." I like to hold myself to a much higher standard than the vermin that infect 4chan forums.

qwmn

Mar 5, 2009
ssgt splatter said:
qwmn said:
Kanashe said:
ssgt splatter said:

I didn't mean that you were a yahtzee fanboy, I was talking about some other people.

But yeah, he is right on some of his reviews.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
brtshstel said:
Kanashe said:
Let me draw it out in crayon for you, since I must have hit somebody's "fanboy troll" button.

1. Wanting a game that is not glitchy (like Sonic the Hedgehog 2006) does not make me an "oldschool fuck." The shoddy camera wants you to die in Shadow. I have no problem with a 3D Sonic game, and thouroughly enjoyed the two Dreamcast titles. MY problem with the latest Sonic titles is faulty mechanics, that's not fundamentalist old school ranting. Sonic Unleashed is an imporvement, but they need to keep going with it. If wanting a game with proper mechanics and is actually done before they release it and I pay my hard-earned dollars for it, then I guess I'm as oldschool as they come.

2. If I really was an "oldschool fuck" I would spout off something like "ZOMG Genesis FTW" or "2D or GTFO." I like to hold myself to a much higher standard than the vermin that infect 4chan forums.
Alright, I stand corrected an I appologise. The thin' is when ever Adventures is mentioned it's usually mentioned by thoes old school purists, who won't stop with their brain numbing messiac comeplexes until people starts smashin' their skulls.

li-ion

Dec 19, 2008
Kanashe said:
So far he's been right only bout three games: Halo3, Alone in the Dark 5 and Medal of Honor: Air Born. All othere's....Comeplet an utter bullshit.
So... when you agree he's right, when you don't agree he's wrong? Who died and made you the boss?
Ya know what, I don't care what he's fans will say, this guy isn't and never was a reviewer. A troll that goes on a ***** fest or over hype spree, yes. Reviewer, no fricking way
What makes a reviewer then? He reviews games and puts that online. In my book that makes him a reviewer. You might not like his style, choice of words or haircut, but at the end of the day a review is always the personal opinion of someone about something. When you don't agree with a certain reviewer just look for someone who you can agree with.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
li-ion said:
Kanashe said:
So far he's been right only bout three games: Halo3, Alone in the Dark 5 and Medal of Honor: Air Born. All othere's....Comeplet an utter bullshit.
So... when you agree he's right, when you don't agree he's wrong? Who died and made you the boss?
Ya know what, I don't care what he's fans will say, this guy isn't and never was a reviewer. A troll that goes on a ***** fest or over hype spree, yes. Reviewer, no fricking way
What makes a reviewer then? He reviews games and puts that online. In my book that makes him a reviewer. You might not like his style, choice of words or haircut, but at the end of the day a review is always the personal opinion of someone about something. When you don't agree with a certain reviewer just look for someone who you can agree with.
I never agreed with him, I just saying these were the only three games he was ever right bout.

Oh I don' know....Maybe a guy who can say what good or bad things the game had? When it comes to Yahtzee he either over hypes it or bitches on it, that's NOT fucking reviewing in any sort of way, unless in some twisted altered universe where sheep can fly, politics are honest people and Keanu Reeves actually has talent.

li-ion

Dec 19, 2008
Kanashe said:
Oh I don' know....Maybe a guy who can say what good or bad things the game had?
He does (usually).

When it comes to Yahtzee he either over hypes it or bitches on it, that's NOT fucking reviewing in any sort of way, unless in some twisted altered universe where sheep can fly, politics are honest people and Keanu Reeves actually has talent.
ha ha. funny.

I see this different (obviously) but arguing about this with you is probably pretty pointless, since your opinion seems to be as flexible as a diamond.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Kanashe said:
ssgt splatter said:
qwmn said:
Kanashe said:
ssgt splatter said:

So far he's been right only bout three games: Halo3, Alone in the Dark 5 and Medal of Honor: Air Born. All othere's....Comeplet an utter bullshit. Ya know what, I don't care what he's fans will say, this guy isn't and never was a reviewer. A troll that goes on a ***** fest or over hype spree, yes. Reviewer, no fricking way
ok, that's you're opinion and i respect it...i still like his "reviews" though

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
ssgt splatter said:
Kanashe said:
ssgt splatter said:
qwmn said:
Kanashe said:
ssgt splatter said:

ok, that's you're opinion and i respect it...i still like his "reviews" though
Fine by me. I mean I don' like the guy, but I'm not gonna go against people who like him. I mean, I got better thin's to do than drop to this level

kyou42

Mar 18, 2009
So which Sonic Unleashed did Yahtzee review? All he said doesn't really agree with the Wii version which is the better one. Though he included the wii cover in the video I really doubt that's the one he played. I don't remember any enemies healing themselves in the night levels which still sucked anyway, but the day ones were just awesome. There were no level (with the exception of the last one) that would kill you for missing a jump or not pressing something in time. The punishment for missing those jumps was just falling in an alternate route which would simply cost you a couple of seconds. You could basically beat all levels in your first try but normally only with a B or C score.

I honestly had never seen better level design in a Sonic game, pity that the night levels ruined everything.

But yeah, Yahtzee should really correct his mistake, that is of course if he did not play the Wii version as the video would lead you to believe.
This is honestly the first time I don't agree with one of his reviews as a whole.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
kyou42 said:
So which Sonic Unleashed did Yahtzee review? All he said doesn't really agree with the Wii version which is the better one. Though he included the wii cover in the video I really doubt that's the one he played. I don't remember any enemies healing themselves in the night levels which still sucked anyway, but the day ones were just awesome. There were no level (with the exception of the last one) that would kill you for missing a jump or not pressing something in time. The punishment for missing those jumps was just falling in an alternate route which would simply cost you a couple of seconds. You could basically beat all levels in your first try but normally only with a B or C score.

I honestly had never seen better level design in a Sonic game, pity that the night levels ruined everything.

But yeah, Yahtzee should really correct his mistake, that is of course if he did not play the Wii version as the video would lead you to believe.
This is honestly the first time I don't agree with one of his reviews as a whole.
He used the cover from the Wii version while doin' the 360 version, wich was actually far more superior to the Wii, an well in all ways better.