Zero Punctuation: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
actually proportionally a huntsman spider could run the 100 meters in about 5 or 6 seconds.
great review though

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
i sorta liked the game but ya it was REALLY REALLY SAMEY. but its worth it for the bombastic bag man costume :p if i knew how to post a pic i would

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
Alakaizer said:
Spider-man 2 not only had good web-swinging, it had Bruce Campbell calling you a moron the whole time. I don't think it would have been nearly as good without him.
Wait what?

Where was Bruce campbell?

OP:Nice episode as usual.

When I heard about the game I thought the premise was a bad idea. seems my assumption was correct.

Basque

Oct 21, 2010
Yahtzee, you magnificent bastard! Long time watcher (since your Youtube days, actually) but I just registered here to comment on this video.

First of all I'm glad you haven't lost any of your quick wit after so many reviews. I'm always impressed at the pace you manage to keep up in your videos. Also you are still great at the visual puns and your completely unique similes and insults which have always been a strong-point of your work. However, I do wish you'd comment more on the particulars of the game like you've done in your other works-detailing the scene from your recent Amnesia: Dark Descent commentary is a good example.

But none of that has to do with why I wanted to comment on this episode in particular. So without further ado: "The Gideon Bible?" Really? Really?! Why...how do you know about that? Look, I can get behind you on "the hardest difficulty" because that was hilariously awesome and I can see you stumbling across that pic on Google by accident. But listen, with as much knowledge of eldritch abominations you must have to have made your series of games, you of all people should know to stay away from something like this. Get out now while you still can!

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Never have had much interest in super hero games. The only game that managed to wow me was *surprise surprise* Arkham Asylum. So this review doesn't surprise me at all.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
A keg-sized cartridge on each of Spidey's wrists?...
Uh-oh, Yahtzee, I think you just gave Marvel a new idea...

I guess what these comments are telling me is, if we want Deadpool, we can just wait for Marvel vs. Capcom 3?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I have this kind of love/hate relationship with Deadpool. I hate how he's everywhere, but whenever I do read him, I enjoy it. I actually enjoyed the characters they created for the game. I wonder if they'll restart 2099 and add in their new Doctor Octopus.

I can tell he's either REALLY good at separating his enjoyment of Spider-Man comics, or he doesn't like Spider-Man at all. Oh well, what can you do?

nightwolf667

Oct 5, 2009
You mean this Nolan North as Deadpool?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAI5y20X2Gk (sorry, tired, completely forgot how to embed the vid. :/ )

I kinda like him...

Honestly though, there hasn't been a really good spiderman game since Spidey 2 and even that had it's weak parts. Still, the swinging and skydiving off the Empire State building was awesome fun! :D

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Awesome analogy Yahtzee! Also, you live in Australia and spiders should be everywhere! Including the really fast ones!

I have to say, it was a pretty funny review.

spazzattack

Mar 25, 2008
I was surprised how much Yahtzee disliked this game. Okay, I take that back. I'm disappointed that Yahtzee didn't like this game. I played it, and in my opinion (while not worth a bucket of spit) was that each Spidey had a distinct feel, and Spidey Noir was really a different game. It was kind of a cop out (also my opinion) that he berated the game for being basically all about fighting. What do you expect? It's a Spiderman game. That's like criticizing Call of Duty for being boring because all you do is shoot guns. And his qualifier that there are a distinct variation of enemies that are limited to small, medium, and large doesn't really mean that they skimped out on the variation. 3 enemy types, especially re-skinned for each encounter, is really a lot of variation. Really his main gripe is that there wasn't enough web slinging, but every single Spiderman has a web shooter with which he can swing, so that didn't even make sense to me. Anyway, while I really am a fan of ZP, this episode for me was a rare miss.