Zero Punctuation: Split Second: Velocity

laryri

May 19, 2008
Yahtzee is a Game/Critic now? Do we have to choose between one of those as well?

doctorjackal777

May 25, 2009
I'm usually okay in racing games, as long as I can shoot the guy in front of me, so I'm cool with Mario Kart, JakX etc. It's when I can't shoot the person in front of me and when the controls are trying to be realistic where I start to fail because I can't stop myself from spinning out and ending up in a lake or whatever.
Though the idea of exploding the scenery as your weapon seems an interesting game mechanic, but I doubt I'd actually play the game. Good review though.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I really expected nothing more from Disney. Goddammit I hate that conglomerate.

That fetus joke was solid gold though.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
It sounds quite a lot like the burnout game series, I never really got into it or other driving games; I always have the urge to actually get out of the car.

BBMv12

Jun 2, 2010
I'm well glad Yahtzee has finally done Split/Second. And I had a feeling it would be a good one too and it was... so... waaay?

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Quite humorous. I'm not big on racing games so this game didn't really interest me. The only such games I really enjoyed are the Burnout and Mario Kart games (excluding the open world versions) and those hardly count. They are to racing simulators what Serious Sam is to a FPS military simulator.

joemegson94

Aug 17, 2010
Good review, I lol'd at the part about the pregnant women having to eat the other one's foetus.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Next bloody time the august bucket would come around I hope he'll review Okami.

As for this review....ok. Never heard of Split Second.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
I'm pretty good at racing games. I've gotten the S Class license in Gran Turismo 2 and 3.

Yahtzee, you failed your driving test? Here in Michigan you're not a man unless you can drive a car.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah, I played the demo, and I kind of liked how the course can change a bit and all, but it just seemed so *random*.