Zero Punctuation: Spore

Andune

Feb 10, 2008
Lovely, for the second week in a row i can't watch Zero Punctuation.
That Warhammer thing in the begining seems to screw everything up.
Im sure the review is great even though i cant watch it.

Safe-Keeper

May 7, 2008
One minute or so of "noooo"?

Yahtzee, what the **** did we do to you?!

And yes, the player is ****ed up. You have to keep your mouse in the player window for the images to update, otherwise they just freeze.

babyblues

Apr 22, 2008
Was this review awesome? In short, yes. In long, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Smatt

Sep 17, 2008
First time poster long time viewer. And all I have to say is I like spore more than the sims, but then I never really liked the sims at all and I liked Spore a big huggy bunch.
Also, was that video even half as funny as any of the others?
Short answer: No
Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo...
you get my drift.

Arklinear

Sep 17, 2008
Never posted before but I've been watching these foreve. Just want to say please do not elongate things to try and make them funny like Family Guy (that series is bad already). "Noooooo" actually made me skip through the video which I have never done for your stuff. I get you're trying to be fresh, but that is just irritating.

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
I knew that "Noo" thing was going to beaten to death, and then get whacked again -.-

anyhow, I didn't quite find the same level of humor as what is usually expected of a Yahtzee review. Either he's run out of ideas or there's something that I missed... On the other hand, a game that has spent the last four or five years in development (i forget which one exactly) should be getting perfect scores... And while the critics seem to love the game, users all around seem to be swearing profusely at it. Funny that it seems to be more of the exception than the standard :\

Oh well. Here's to Yahtzee on the cutting of yet another highly-hyped game down to size. Keep up the good work ^-^

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
The long drawn out "No" was good, as many of these other people will say. However, I'm starting to think that your going over-board on the sex jokes. Sure they're funny once in a while, but like everything it turnes to shit after a while. Just saying. I'm a big fan of Sim City and was equally anxious for this game to come out. I'll still try it out given that my computer doesn't turn to mush every time I load the damn game (I can't even load Half-Life 2).

mjhhiv

Jun 22, 2008
I hated the "Noooo"... That was seriously the first ZP I didn't laugh at all for.

Nyxos

Sep 1, 2008
It's hard to quantify, but I found Spore to just be fun. It's the kind of game where you sit down for a couple of hours and then when you get up, you really enjoyed the time spent playing it.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
right everyone reallity check, this is will wright we are talkin about ffs he probs knows the game is lacking in stuff we'd hope for in spore but as i sed in my last post, like the sims, he will probs release an expansion to fill in the gaps...like he did in the sims (sims hot date and holiday for example)so we will be able to make an "underwater empire" but abit l8er on for all we know this is a test to see if the game wud be fine like this, but considerin he is probably gettin a belting from the customers who hoped for the game to be better, he will probs use the other material in the expansions(if there are any goin to be released)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
IGN Talks Expansion Packs
IGN released an interview with Will Wright on August 9th entitled Interview: Will Wright on Breeding Spore, by Daemon Hatfield. A lot of what has been said already is being repeated, but they have some fresh expansion pack questions that really caught my eye.

Yes- they are planning on expansion packs. I quote Will Wright: "We've thought a little about that. When you're making a game, you start out with all these ideas. Then as the deadline draws near, you have to start cutting stuff out. And that stuff is the first content you want to get into expansions." With the next couple questions, he continues on to say that one of the things on the cusp of being cut out right now is the ability to have underwater creatures.

see what i mean lol type in spore expansion packs in google and u get this so stop the belly achin ppl

The9mm

Jul 24, 2008
to put fifteen seconds of no into your vid is an insult
to bash spore is an even bigger one
just because your mind has corroded from eating to much gaming shit and a game does not pull your cock the right way, you shouldn't stop being open to new technology and new gaming-ideas
space age sucks in some ways
but thats about it
good night and good luck

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Every second of that nooooo adequately covers 3 fucking months of hype about that game that we had to deal with. Don't like it? Don't let a game get hyped for five goddamn centuries next time.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I can't give Yahtzee too much credit for this review if only because at this point ragging on Spore is like playing Duck Hunt with the Zapper two inches from the TV. You don't really have to play Spore to review it now, just write your best possible variation on "five half-baked games come together to produce a half-baked game", rag on the DRM if you feel it'll help, and voila, a thousand words that write themselves and amount to "Spore's reach exceeds its grasp. And EA sucks. Next!"

xidphel

Jul 3, 2008
So basically,this game is about eating cells, creating freaks, killing freaks, destroying cities and destroying planets. I might get that game.