Zero Punctuation: Spore

crazy-j

Sep 15, 2008
it was funny but not his best

it was basically a rant i thought not a proper review..and this is coming from a big fan of his

SBoggart

Jul 2, 2008
I enjoyed colonizing those silly infadels. *Long, evil laugh*

Needless to say there were some flaws here and there but that's what sequels are for.

Raptortim

Sep 18, 2008
In my opinion, this game is fun. Also, I have been able to get past the herbivore part of the tribe without being attacked once.

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Pretty funny, but it seems like you sound as you did in your original videos.

Okay, but just doesn't sound as good.

It's alright, but great?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Xalmar

Aug 15, 2008
The prolonged NOOOOO was probably the only time I thought "shut up, already!" while watching Yahtzee's videos. It was still funny.

Otherwise, decent review. Not as hilarious as some of the other ones, but still good. I knew at some point he was going to make a reference to penis monsters.

TheFitcher

Mar 5, 2008
Sadly, you didn't play the game enough to work out how not to be attacked as a Herbivore. Plus, you can still attack as a Herbivore if you want... you can be a veggie warmonger no problem. Also, you didn't mention it's all on one disc, and the possibilities for expansions, modding, etc. Which was mentioned for The Sims, i.e. Batman et al.

Oh, and I found The Sims boring as hell beyond locking someone in a room until they piss themselves or setting them on fire. I'm liking Spore.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
Disappointed with this week's episode. After playing Spore I was expecting its heart to be ripped out and the bug, glitches and down right fucking annoying broken bits to be displayed in all it gorey detail...However....

This Episode = Fail

Barely even registered on the humor scale to be honest, the long drawn out idiot sounding no pretty much killed any humour that had managed to worm its way through.

Meccaz

Sep 17, 2008
Pretty funny, it's always nice when a hyped game gets it's heart ripped out and shat on. Makes me feel all warm and happy inside.

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
I thought it was funny, and certainly more entertaining than most anything else one will find on the web.

Nyxos

Sep 1, 2008
I'm somewhat confused. I learned that Spore was being released only a few days before it came out so I missed all the hype and the ads, so I really didn't have any ideas in my head when I went to play Spore. Maybe that's why I liked it so much.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Did... Yahtzee actually play the game though? I know I found playing friendly (herbivore, social, etc) I had it quite easy. Playing as a herbivore, your only chance of defeat is if an Epic creature comes after you. Otherwise, your chance of being mauled is 0%, because everything else can simply be walked up-to and sung to.

Now I'm not saying he didn't try the game out, but if he did, then why did he only really quote all the negative aspects from the forums and stuff? Why didn't he mention all of the bugs or the fact that the game is hardly as customizable as it seems? If you want the most powerful creature (either in friendliness or in ferocity), you only have a few things to choose from. Nothing is based on looks, it's all on stats if you want to successfully beat the game. He also didn't care to mention that all other tribes in the Tribal stage were one creature, nor did he mention that all civilizations in the Civilization stage were just copies of your own creature.

Coffee_Zombie

Aug 15, 2008
I love sim games like civilization, ogame.org, the sims, sim city, the tycoons all those but was whole heartly disapointed. I bought spore one of the few this year I actually purchased and now has reminded me why I should go back to downloading them. I wanted to go for a swim but all that I got was a little sit in the kiddy pool. Where was the depth we were promised. Seriously and why did they remove all basic colors why couldn't I choose a cherry red, black or royal blue. Why were all the colors taken from a 80's soft rock album color with the wishy washy pastel covers. The game lacked even a hint of realism like you find in the character designs of the sims. I hope the developers of the civilization games take a look at this and go hey we can make this good and more awesome. Hated the game want my $50 dollars back but then I reminded myself I'm just spirtually paying for all the other games i rip off so i dont feel bad about it.

YARRRRRRRRRRR

Bakutakamine

Aug 15, 2008
definitely not your best, NOOOOOOO isn't funny unless Family guy does it, it made sense, it just wasnt very funny, and you didnt write anything in the box, you just wrote you were reviewing SPORE, huh...

hopefully next week will be better

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
Yahtzee's reviews seem to be getting more and more bitter and less funny...

Why would you compare Spore to The Sims? Maxis didn't want to make both games the same, or else they'd just make another damn expansion pack.

Spore was very new and distinctive, I like it.

mitsoxfan

Feb 12, 2008
KenzS post=6.71753.737572 said:
Why would you compare Spore to The Sims? Maxis didn't want to make both games the same, or else they'd just make another damn expansion pack.
The point was that Will Wright is some sort of genius, and that we should accept his games as such. Same with Sid Meier. Same with Peter Molyneux.

It's like Spore is supposed to be awesome because 'they' said so. And while it's an inventive game, it's nothing special. It sort of is like the Sims, only, uhm, more 'user creative' and less 'Sim-ish'.

Spore was supposed to take 'Sim' games to the next level. Allowing people to create, birth, evolve, and expand a 'thing'. But in the end it turned out to be just a really good avatar creation system that also had a small simulation game attached.

Wyatt

Feb 14, 2008
seems some people missed the joke behind the second 'no'.

*explanes*

the first 'no' was a short answer

the second 'no' was the loooooong answer.

the third 'no' was also a short answer

the joke is just thinking how long the 4th 'long' no would be given the length of the second one in relation to the first.

hope that clears that up