Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
It's just a matter of time. Either through death of age or lack of patience, the fanbase for Star Wars has got to diminish SOMEhow.

And when that days comes, God willing, we'll see Schafer working there again, either in body or in spirit.

One can dream, at least...

harv3034

Sep 23, 2010
I kind of enjoyed the first, mostly for the utter insanity of it (and the fact that force lightning is pretty much the games "oh fuck this" button).

I'm not surprised about this, he absolutly tore the first one into an unrecognizable pile of gorey chunks so the fact that he did the same again is par for the course.

I'd like to know what console he played it on. Did he play it the Wii againg for the sake of consistancy or on 360 or PS3 in another of his ever so subtle attempts to tell the Wii to go fuck it self?

*as of thirty minutes of this video hitting the web, there is a forum about "your favorite star wars game". (No offince to the poster)
Yet another example of Yahtzee inspireing us.
(whether or not that is good I'll leave up to you)*

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
I just choked on my tea due to the end few bits.

I played the demo of FU2 (yes, I'd imagine that is intentional), and actually thought it was a step backwards, as the controls and handling were way too clumsy, the AI was actually WORSE than FU's, and the visuals were dire.

The first one wasn't even very good. This one is worse.

Kingsman said:
It's just a matter of time. Either through death of age or lack of patience, the fanbase for Star Wars has got to diminish SOMEhow.
No chance. It's an accepted religion (Jedi) in some areas, and once something becomes a religion, it only attracts the incredibly stupid, and lasts for millennia (Christianity and Islam, anyone?)

I'm sure 1500 years from now, the Sith Empire will be attempting to annex part of Mars from the Jedi because of some holy place or MacGuffin.

Also, Battlefront 3 is the only Star Wars game that could interest me into buying it. Fuck Star Wars.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Melancholy_Ocelot said:
I miss Dark Forces!!!
And TIE Fighter. I recently grabbed KOTOR I off of Steam for the sheer nostalgia of good Star Wars alone, and may do the same with Dark Forces.

This, I'll pass on. I passed on the first, too.

bwarrior

Aug 13, 2009
I started thinking that

diggy140892 said:
I have to agree that this game is the biggest insult to Star Wars fans, WHERE IS BATTLEFRONT 3!!!!!!!!!!!
but then i realised: nooooo battlefront 2 was immense, dont give modern developers a chance the muck it up!!!
kill it while it was good

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I happen to still like Star Wars, Mr. Croshaw. I'm doing a re-run of Knights of the Old Republic right now, and appreciate you putting it with the first two original movies.

But I will agree with you on the whole butchering of the canon timeline by TFO & TFO 2. I tend to ignore what George Lucas does with the franchise these days.

I'll clarify my earlier statement: I'm loyal to what Star Wars was, not what it has become since 1999 (excluding KotOR, of course, and maybe TOR can breathe some life back into this thing).

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Not surprised, although he did make me think. Star Wars really is far outweighed on the crap to good ratio

Dead_Man

Nov 18, 2009
I probably wouldn't mention anything about the 3 Death Stars super glued together to George Lucas. He may end up using that for his next game.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
The Mic sounded off, but enough fanboy nitpicks.

I have to say that I agree. I went around my mates once as he wanted to stay up late and he had bought Force Unleashed II. We played it all night long (as in HE played it, I was the dude with the Doritos watching from afar) and he completed it before we even went to sleep, and the only thing I could say was "How the fuck does this make sense and what was the point of it?"

Force Unleashed could have been a great spin off. Instead we got a limping first game and a second game that has no right to exist other than to give George Lucas more money, which I'm sure he must be running out of after all 6 box office hitting films, books, That other film, the toys, the magazines, the posters, the figurines, the merchandising, the licensing, the lawsuit benefits and Indiana Jones. Clearly, this was needed.

Anyway, fanboy rant over. Here's the thing you guys actually read.

Calumon: Uhh... His beard is fuzzy!

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I wish I could still like Star Wars stuff. But while I'll never turn away from the original trilogy, everything since has been an insult. And it's an insult we have to pay for. *sigh*

Now excuse me, I've got to go pick up Force Unleashed 2.

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
Honestly didn't have a huge problem with the first. However as soon as I heard the plot was, "Vader decides to clone Starkiller" My head hit the desk and I vowed not to get this game.

vulkman

May 25, 2010
Well... of course he is right about everything, like always, but I still consider this a fun casual game. I like mutilating stormtroopers now and then, and the practically nonexistent story makes it even easier to just jump in and out of the game for a quick fix.

And who needs money after all?

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Who still likes Star Wars anyway?

I personally think the Legos are just about the only thing fun about Star Wars these days, although the Lucasfilm-based Legos do make me long for the days when Lego focused on their own original designs instead of solely on licensed IPs... Ah, the good old days of Magnetron, Blacktron, and the original Space Police.

Hell, I watched the original trilogy a few months back, and I remember thinking that (aside from Yoda's lines) most of the dialogue in that movie was only about two notches above prequel trilogy standards.

Although I would have added Jedi Knight II, the TIE Fighter PC game, and the Clone Wars cartoons (the ones made by the creators of Samurai Jack, not the all-CG ones) to the list of good Star Wars stuff, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I thought Force Unleashed was a pretty awesome concept, but it's hard to feel awesome about being having nifty powers if you never have any creative ways to use them.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
He doesn't consider Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast good games?!

RAAAAAAR!!!

I like the first one, because it was something PC gaming didn't have for quite a while - Devil May Cry-ish game. Except DMC, of course, there was nothing.

RebellionXXI said:
the Clone Wars cartoons (the ones made by the creators of Samurai Jack, not the all-CG ones)
Oh geez, now I know why I liked it so much. SAMURAI JACK IS THE BEST CARTOON MADE EVER! And everything they did turns to gold. Or something like that shiny.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
All the Star Wars episodes,endless pile of books(That I haven't read), T.V. shows, Merchandise collectable toys that have not real collectable value, and anything else even slightly Star Wars related is Totally Awesome! Except for The Force Unleashed games of course. If they are gonna piss all over the cannon this badly we might a well be fighting Zombie, Nazi, Ninja, Wookie, Cyborgs that are on fire and fly around in a space gallion. That would be a little bit more interesting then plan old stromtroopers whom Harrison Ford could take out with a tiny "pew pew" laser pistol.