Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Stuntkid

Cyberdemon
Oct 6, 2010
at least i now got my friend's riddle on "what does sonic and star wars have in common?".

Darth Trethon

Jun 21, 2009
I absolutely loved the story and the game. It's extremely short yes but the amazing story and best looking graphics ever combined with a fun and great combat system makes this the best game I've played all year. And I've played New Vegas, Mass Effect 2, Fable III and Alpha Protocol among others....sorry I have no taste whatsoever for any shooter game ever.

Psychee

Dec 2, 2008
Very nice, pretty much exactly the way I felt after completing it and I really wanted to like it too. Hell, he didn't even go into the shitty control issues.

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
My friend wouldn't stop playing this demo, rented it, then told us how heartcrushingly disappointing it was.

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
Star wars bountttyy hunnnterrr. I loved that game. Pretty lame, but jango is a badass.

I thought tfu 2 came out a while ago, but I guess that in australia... yeah. Great review. The comparison to Schindler's easy bake oven was wonderfully cringeworthy.

Missing SHODAN

Jun 9, 2010
Why was Tie Fighter and X-Wing not on the pile of "Good Stuff From Star Wars"? I mean, I know they're ancient history now, but those were some pretty enjoyable space flight combat simulators, even if it got sort of ridiculous in Tie Fighter in the end where you're something like Grand Fleet Admiral Of the Entire Empire and they're sticking you in a Tie Fighter.

Man, whatever happened to the Space Flight Combat Simulator genre? Those things were awesome.

More on topic: Played the first game for like thirty minutes after buying it when it was cheap during a Steam Sale. The game took approximately an entire day to download as it's something like 20 GB in size (wtf?). I don't mind the loss of the ten dollars, but I do wish I'd spent that day of downloading playing something fun online instead. I expected the sequel to not be any better, which Yahtzee's review seems to confirm.

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
How do you fowl up being a magic knight with a laser sword?
Shame, cause a good star wars game rocks (rogue squadron, n64)

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
Dead_Man said:
I probably wouldn't mention anything about the 3 Death Stars super glued together to George Lucas. He may end up using that for his next game.
oh God no ....

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
I don't understand why 14 year old boys like Justin Bieber get some much criticism on these boards when George Lucas is a 60 year old man who has spent the last 30 years of his life shoving a totally shit franchise down our throats.

WILL STAR WARS NEVER DIE? There are like 4 million episodes of Star Trek and we hear fuck all from them except a movie every 5 years. With Star Wars, a franchise based on 2 decent films, we have a game, a movie, a dvd, a book, a comic released every damn week it seems.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
quantumsaint said:
I wanted to play it just to play through as Guybrush.
Yeah, how do you play as Guybrush exactly?

Rasputin1 said:
Is it just me or did the mic/his voice sound a little off?
I don't know, but I know I've had more sex than you!

*tries to correctly guess where your avatar is from by referencing the video I think it's from*

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Yahtzee is on a roll again!

Fallout New Vegas last week, now this. Great reviews from a great critic. Notice I said critic not reviewer. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
No Black Ops? D'awww... anywho, can't say I care too much about this game. Just recently was given TFU1 (friend bought it for me for $6, because why not) and it doesn't seem too bad...then again I've put maybe an hour into it. Meh, never been too big of a star wars fan...the movies (all THREE of them) were all excellent (RotJ less so than the others, though) and like you said, KOTOR was, too. I'd also say the Battlefront, Republic Commando, and Jedi Knight games were all pretty good-great, too, but that's a matter of opinion. Star Wars is still alive for me, but that's really more because I refuse to acknowledge any of it that annoys me.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
the only thing star wars related i am slightly interested in stays TOR. But this thing most likely won't come out before i leave the warm embrace of higher learning and actually have to work for money so fuck that

btw i want that easy bake oven with Liam Neesons voice telling me my brownies are ready

Unoriginal069

Jan 7, 2010
I wish I didn't....but I have to agree with pretty much every point he made.

Repetitive, unchallenging, and WAY too damn short.
And just like Episode 2, if we cut out any inference of the annoying 'love interest' angle (yeah yeah...we get it.....you HAVE to find her)....I might have hated it less.

There was a few bright spots.....like grabbing a Tie Fighter out of the air and crushing it like a tin can. But even that got boring after a while.

Hopefully all Jedi in the new Star Wars MMO are as powerful as Starkiller here.....
Cuz a couple of thousand of these demigods running around are gonna completely sink the franchise in the first week of launch.

' )

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
Do you have to defend the prequel trilogy and all the other garbage Lucas has spewed out at us in the past decade to be a true Star Wars fan? Because I consider myself a fan and I hate over 90% of all Star Wars related media. I thought that's how it was for most fans. Live and learn.

As for The Force Unleashed, the first game was pretty fun even though the gameplay needed a lot of polish and the story was fucking retarded. I was hoping they'd make things work in TFU2 yet I've heard nothing but bad things about it. That's extremely disappointing.

I guess we'll just have to hope The Old Republic is good.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
I'm glad I decided to distance myself from Star Wars as a whole after Jedi Academy 1 & 2 (which I actually enjoyed, don't hurt me!), so I wouldn't have to deal with all of this on a personal level, but I still find myself amazed about just how much it has been milked. I'm strugling to even come close to anything else that has been milked this furiously, can you?
OO