Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Rath709

Mar 18, 2008
I'm actually quite satisfied with the 360 version. There are a coupe of examples of the AI being absolutely borked, (TIE factory in particular) and some of the Holocrons require acrobatics of such precision that it would put Nightwing to shame, but I am pleased overall. I am not entirely sure it was a good idea to allow the winning of over half the achievements on the first playthrough, as it lessens the incentive to re-play, but I will anyway, what with being a completionist.

A decent Star Wars game needs to feature the genuine flair of Knights Of The Old Republic, the extended customisation options present in The Sith Lords, a degree of control over The Force as demonstrated in The Force Unleashed, and an arcade ship section as seen in Rogue Squadron 2 (not 3, Rebel Strike can burn). Meld all those together into one game and make it about 50 hours long, and I'd be satisfied.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Volucer post=6.73484.797064 said:
I too blame Lucas...and not just for this game, for everything that's wrong in the world.
I blame Lucas for Hitler. Hitler had a time machine, and was forced to watch Episode III in the cinema. That was the last thread on a very short rope.

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
If only Star Wars were a franchise I stopped caring about after the first movie of the prequel, then I wouldn't have anything constructive to offer to the review other than "Jar Jar Har Har".

Oh wait... it were.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I think it was more a review of the Wii and Starwars than Starwars The Force Unleashed.

MpSai post=6.73484.797442 said:
Aww, I was expecting a Silent Hill 5 review. Oh well, I'm sure it's coming and will be deliciously ranty. I share your prequel trilogy and Lucas rage though. Very very much.

I said I'd get the Wii version if the light saber noise comes out of the controller, but I guess it doesn't. And I guess the Wii version sucks. SIGH. Oh well, I still have de Blob until my 360 comes back from the repair place.
A. It's far too soon, since its just got out
B. Australia banned SH: Homecoming and Yahtzee can't get his hands on this game.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Now we know what "TFU" stnds for...in STFU
jk
anyway, this is proof that the Wii is lame (actually, it's one more proof on a mountain of proof)
Can't we expect a SH5 review??? :(
I'm playing it and giving it a 8,5/10 so far ^-^
+/- equilibrated weapons, great monsters, nice little plot going on, and NPC buddies who lend you a hand :D

Illuminatis

Oct 3, 2007
The other versions arnt really better lol. But seriously you should have known that when a multiplatform game that comes out on the wii its usually garbage, if you want to review a wii game try De Blob, its fantastic.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
Wow, that was an awesome review! Couldn't help but crack up damn near every 8 seconds.

MpSai

Jun 25, 2008
Random argument man post=6.73484.797493 said:
A. It's far too soon, since its just got out
B. Australia banned SH: Homecoming and Yahtzee can't get his hands on this game.
Australia is so weird. But bans never stopped people from importing games before.

Angrywyvern

Sep 30, 2008
Nice one yahtzee, but you just ignored the "review" part of the review more than you usually do. But in my mind ZP is less about reviews and more about the great points you make, like about things ruining the market and how a buissness that makes GAMES is too company-run. Reviewing your "reviews" with the wrong mindset can lead to viewing you unfairly, because you don't give a score and things (cough, mailbag showdown, cough) But overall you kind of repeated the same thing over and over closer to the end, instead of making a lot of great points supporting one big one. A great review as always though.

So don't say he's not actually reviewing and just crucifying the games for laughs (kind of ironic) he's just trying, subconsciously maybe, to make points. So look at him more fairly.

I also agree the prequel series is atrocious and most of it's games (or, pretty much almost ALL of the star wars games)don't turn out too well. Though this game might not be prequel series, it still gives us that kind of material.

Lupie

May 14, 2008
I didn't think the chick was that unusual. I mean, my eyes, too, oscilate rather than do any of this so-called "blinking" nonsense.

I thought that was the norm. Apparently not. Perhaps I should see a doctor.

nought_0

Sep 17, 2008
Man, I'm so grateful I get down on my fat white knees and thank God and my lucky stars every single day that I'm not, nor ever have been a starwars fan.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
wii sucks the forced unleashed is a good game well at least for the 360 and anyone who thinks other wise doesn't know good games long live the 360

Khanco

Jul 8, 2008
To be honest, from what I've heard George Lucas Didn't actually have much to do with the game. Krome came up with the idea, he said he liked the sound of it and then they bounced ideas off him until they came up with a complete storyline.

Please note that this is not a comment defending George at all.

Jack.B.Nimble

Aug 22, 2007
Anyone else think his voice sounds different in this one?

I don't mean like he had a cold or something; more like a different mic or different compression or somesuch.

nightfish

Nov 7, 2007
Quite true about the SW franchise, its getting worse and worse I think.

Bring back the good old days when SW games made you drool i.e. Tie Fighter.

ntnimara

Oct 3, 2008
well.. the idea of the game was an interesting one..

but I suppose my fav part was when Yahtzee pointed out how odd it is that Luke is so weak when compared to the super pimped out characters from these games.. and even the characters in episodes 1,2,3

anyways.. good review.

I'm also kinda sad about the Wii scene quieting down.. I'm already waiting for the next Zelda game.. hopefully in Wind Waker graphics :D

S_K

Nov 16, 2007
*claps* man that was the best episode I've seen in a while. I especially loved the jab reference to the wii's soon to be released but should have been included from the start penis extension wiimote plus attachment which half the people commenting seemed to have missed so far.

This is a fanboy game with a fanfiction like storyline for fanboy star wars gamers, I mean the main character has a force push shockwave for gods sake! How much more fanboy then that can you get? Oh yeah every other new force power they added just for this game XP

P.S.

Spacewolf post=6.73484.797088 said:
why do poeple hate the Prequels the 1st one had a good lightaaber sequnce the second one had a good battle and the 3rd one had both you can just skip the rest, anyone great reveiw glad i bought the PS3 vesion
A better question is you need to ask? Oh wait your alias is Spacewolf well that partly explains it...