Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
The criticism was spot on and the review itself was hilarious. Zero you do not get old!

Bring on next week!

Jarfis

Sep 10, 2007
I still can't comprehend why Star Wars is held on such a hig pedestal by so many people who expect so much more for it, accept that Star Wars is essentially a story about magical space wizards with laser swords, turn off your brain, and enjoy it for what it is: fun.

bartos

Feb 18, 2008
this review sounds more like a direct insult to the wii. lol. now I think about it... thats probably why he picked the wii version of this game

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
That's what he gets for buying a game for the Wii. If the Holocaust had Wiis it would be so bad it would have had to been wiped from the history books and forgotten about forever just so the human race could go on. I just thought of that now. Not sure why.

COR 2000

Jun 30, 2008
Okay, the review of the game itself was decent, but the last Minute of it was the usual bullS(explicit) ranting that I've come to expect from the escapist.

Volucer post=6.73484.797064 said:
I too blame Lucas...and not just for this game, for everything that's wrong in the world.
Idiot. That's the same thing as "Video games are responsible for fat kids and increased violence."
Giygas post=6.73484.797095 said:
It's funny how you assume the 360/PS3 versions are better, the game itself is just bad
Okay, not to get all ranty, but the game isn't really that bad.

Rath709

Mar 18, 2008
So much Wii hate in this thread. Careful you don't get vertigo on the way down from your stilt-walking high-horses, foam-mouthed as they are with rabid fanboy-ism.

FuckYouDad

Apr 23, 2008
I'm done with Star Wars. Done. After playing Lego Star Wars, Soul Calibur 4, watching the Family Guy Star Wars special and now seeing this shit, I wipe my hand off the whole franchise.

No part of any Star Wars movie was THIS good.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
oh no way, my wii also started leaking brown liquid o_O
that was ages ago now, we've traded it for an x box 360 because he sat there growing cobwebs XD
now the xbox can grow some cobwebs
anywho, great review yahtzee! XD id love to see darth vader breakdancing

Vromnir

Sep 23, 2008
Huh.........he never actually gave his opinion of the game. He just verbally killed lucasarts and george lucas with a rusty thumbtack.

Wtf happened to the force? It was awful in the movies, it was easier to kill a person with your lightsaber than with the force. In the game, everyone can throw starships around! If this game is supposed to link the two parts of the story together, than the force decided it was tired and went to sleep for both trilogies, then got bored and decided to kill everything in this game.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Akurenji post=6.73484.797049 said:
Finally someone to critisise the force unleashed for what its really like, thankyou Yahtzee
He's criticizing the Wii verson, not the 360 or PS3 versions. The Wii version sucks, but the versions on the other consoles are just plain awesome. Fantastic physics, good ai, awesome combos, good controls, amazing graphics, fantastic visual design, etc... Go play the other versions, they're much better than the Wii version (Yahtzee said so himself).

The9mm

Jul 24, 2008
wii sucks ass
true dat
i would like to see more pc games reviewed
but thats not my call eh
keep going yahtzee

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
MpSai post=6.73484.797539 said:
Random argument man post=6.73484.797493 said:
A. It's far too soon, since its just got out
B. Australia banned SH: Homecoming and Yahtzee can't get his hands on this game.
Australia is so weird. But bans never stopped people from importing games before.
Even if your argument is sounds, my first point still applies.

Archetype

Oct 1, 2008
The ending was fantastic. I always find it funny when the credits animation cuts in immediately after he stops talking.

Aug 21, 2008
IS it just me who finds it almost painfull that George Lucas gets to make movies? The man struck gold with the orginal trilogy and now he's churning out crap left and right lika a retared. Alos, the man has so disturbing visions for cinema such as his obsession wih special effects.

I swear to god if he gets a chans to do a movie withot sets, actor or story and only CGI and voice moduling then he will do it.

Jay619

Oct 8, 2008
meh, would of prefered a review on force unleashed whether or not is was the truth or to slater it for fun, rather than yet another way of saying what we all know about the WIIs failings; although it is not quite as bad as the PS3 taking about an hour to install a game and ten minutes for each save, too much power not enough skill in that consol.
Well the 360 version was blinding, not too sure what game everyone else played on the WII and ps3 but the sexbox had the game down and probably the best game out on it, which is saying somthing when im not a starwars fan and I'm rich enough to afford just about every game for all the consols. Shocking that finnally a game comes out that has a good story, thats fun and that does not take about thirty hours of cut scenes and 20 minutes of game play like every final fantasy game out there -,o*
Boss cutscenes and their deaths is the best part of the game, was very nicely done and each boss gets an epic death.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
COR 2000 post=6.73484.797674 said:
Idiot. That's the same thing as "Video games are responsible for fat kids and increased violence."
No actually. It's saying George Lucas is responsible for fat kids and increased violence.