ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
beetrain said:
ResonanceSD said:
Also considering getting a 3DS. Is there anything GOOD for it?
I got one to replace my broken lite, but I'd wait for a bit if you're not desperate. All I'm really looking forward to are Luigi's mansion 2 and Paper Mario.

The original Paper Mario (N64) is one of my favourite games for that platform.

itsmeyouidiot

Dec 22, 2008
ResonanceSD said:
"other, less stupid consoles"

I laughed out loud at that =D

Also considering getting a 3DS. Is there anything GOOD for it?
Some of the announced games: Paper Mario 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, Heroes of Ruin (a very promising hack-and-slash game from Square), and two Professor Layton games, one of which is a crossover with Phoenix Wright.

Also, Ocarina of Time 3D, despite being a remake, is definitely worth your money. The game was rebuilt from scratch, and it makes the original almost unplayable in comparison, which is probably saying something.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hahahaha oh man Yahtzee's got some of that ol' extra creative spark back for those loud-out-loud jokes

and that image with the Thwomp...uuurgghhh (yeahhhh would def feel sorry for them)

Iklwa

Jan 27, 2010
The Gentleman said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
The Gentleman said:
One of these days, Marios going to kick Bowser's ass for no reason and Bowser will file assault and battery charges against him, ending the franchise ten-years too late.
Super Mario: TRO.
Super Mario San Quintin has a nice ring to it.
This week on Law & Order: Mushroom Kingdom
*DUN-DUN*

"We know you did it Mario; we have the evidence, and we have eyewitness accounts that you've been doing this for almost twenty years! Give it up!"

"It's-a sham! I want-a my lawyer!"

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Haha, made me laugh so job well done man!

I think I might need to go check out that rayman game one of these days.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
I quite enjoyed Super Mario 3d land, and I don't find the 3D effects annoying or headache-inducing at all. In any of the games. They're less "shit popping out at you" and more "depth of field". I found the last several levels really challenging, and the final boss run from Bowser up the crumbly staircase was exciting and had my hands shaking. Oh well.

Also, I never understood why Yahtzee always goes off against 3D platformers. I've never really had a problem with them. (As long as I can see my feet, I'm golden.)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Back to Rayman Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Back to Mario Grrrrrrrrr!

Back to Rayman Ahhhhhhh

Back to Mario Grrrrrrrr

Yahtzee, this is why i love you :')

Guilherme Zoldan

Jun 20, 2011
There are fewer raging fanboys then I expected actualy, but to those out there: Why not try actualy addressing Yahtzee's points before chastising him? You know, pretend this is actualy some sort of reasonable debate...

Of course this is the internet, the word reasonable doesnt apply much.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
The reason why I didn't get Rayman Origins was not only because of the pricetag, but the whole BG&E thing. Looking back at those gameplay trailers and I'm becoming more and more tempted. Never played a Rayman game, but they (this one included) seem absolutely charming. Let's see when prices go down...

Taunta said:
Also, I never understood why Yahtzee always goes off against 3D platformers. I've never really had a problem with them. (As long as I can see my feet, I'm golden.)
Ya, I never knew that either. While it is difficult to make a good 3D platformer (perhaps the reason because they're going into extinction), there are plenty of good ones. Actually, 3D platormers are my favourite genre. Spyro's controls rarely copped out, 3D Mario is pretty tight, Crash Bandicoot is very functional (when he's behaving himself), Ratchet and Clank moves like a dream, etc. In the many years I've played 3D platformers (mind you, most of them the bigger titles as seen above), 3D Sonics are the only ones I've played where things felt awkward. Not unplayable (minus games like Sonic 06), just not as fluid. I guess it's mostly because Sonic is a lot like a sea turtle. When he's moving slowly he's clunky, but when the level allows him to zip around man does he move). Then again, I also had a lot of problems with 2D Genesis Sonic too. I guess it's mostly the momentum/physics and I can't guess my jump height/distance well enough.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Maybe Rayman will finally get some sales thanks to the Yahtzee "every trust this man because he's trustworthy as hell" machine. Indeed. Any game that draws an illicit and contented "ahhh..." from Yahtzee is worth your time and money.

I'm surprised he never once mentioned the French, though.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
PunkRex said:
Sovvolf said:
Ha, I remember the old Rayman on the playstation, could never get past the music level. That level was crazy hard, least for someone of my age, given that it came out of the playstation I'd have easily been under the age of ten when I got my hands on it.
I couldn't get past the arts and crafts level... and as an aspiraring artist that hit below the belt abit.
I hope that no traumatic memories get into your head again.........after i do THIS!!!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Au4QJRcA8&feature=related

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
TheKmanofAwesometon said:
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait......

Yahtzee played Super Meat Boy? Why has there been no review of it?
He should mention it on a Extra Puctuation rather than a review in Zero style because what could he possibly do to make fun of a good game??

Alternatively you can make lots of sock puppets into sending mails to him to review Super Meat Boy if you are into annoying people into submission

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Zhukov said:
But didn't Rayman Origins completely tank in terms of sales?

I bet we won't see them trying to shove any more 2D platformers into $60 boxes for a while.

Oh, good video by the way. Best one for a while. Gat a few chuckles out of me.
Shit really? because i heard that if Origins made enough money, they would make a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil. Its unfortunate that Yathzee had to spend time with the Shooter Season 2011 instead of looking upon this game and others because when Yathzee aproves a game (like for example: Minecraft) people rush in NUMBERS to play it. But its too late now for Rayman Origins.

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Sovvolf said:
Ha, I remember the old Rayman on the playstation, could never get past the music level. That level was crazy hard, least for someone of my age, given that it came out of the playstation I'd have easily been under the age of ten when I got my hands on it.
I just replayed Rayman 2 on the N64 and GODDAMN! THAT GAME IS DIFFICULT!
It was one of those games that pushed the N64 graphics to the limit.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Why haven't you all bought Rayman Origins?! Yahtzee speaks the truth about challenge without frustration. It's also perfectly playable without 4-player as a purely single-player game as I have done because damn the game's challenging. Those treasure chest levels...

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/12/121488/2107672-rayman_origins_ffffuuuu.jpg

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Rayman Origins was wonderful. People who like fun things should buy it. I feel even better about not owning a 3DS now. The only way Nintendo is getting my money for one of those is if they put out another Advance Wars game.

Metzeten

Oct 16, 2009
The Rayman game (of the two I have only experienced) has one of the most annoying soundtracks/triggered sounds that I've had the misfortune to subject my ears to in a very long time.