Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Roofless

Oct 12, 2009
I have no idea where the original screenshot comes from, but looks like the idea of "cake" crossed mind of other developers too.

akkuma420

Jul 14, 2010
Roofless said:
I have no idea where the original screenshot comes from, but looks like the idea of "cake" crossed mind of other developers too.
Isn't that Harvest Moon for the PS1?

Archedgar

May 7, 2008
Yes, this was definitely one of Yahtzee's better videos in recent months. Easily one of his top 3.

The timing on the word ... "Cake" was brilliant. Anyway, I was mostly unimpressed by Super Mario Galaxy and I'd probably be horrifyingly underwhelmed by the "Sequel".

I doubt I'll buy SMG2.

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
What level from Super Mario 64 did they put on Galaxy 2? Super Mario 64 is my favorite game barring BioShock and maybe BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
I went hiking in the badlands of South Dakota. It was awesome (in spite of it being way too fucking hot).

Not to say that I'm a Mario/Nintendo fanboy. Though I've never obsessed over Nintendo's franchises the way some do, I do agree that everybody should try new things once in a while, and it was nice to get some encouragement to do so.

AlissaX70

Apr 24, 2008
[RE] Yahtzee's end subtitle: He's a star-MAAAAAAN/ Waiting in the sky--!

Thoughts on review: Meh. Cater to your bloodthirsty fanbase, much? I'm not saying he doesn't "review" the games so to speak, but lets face it; did anyone watch this video thinking for a second that he might like it, or that he would at least criticize it differently than he does every [Nintendo/FPS/Wii/War] game?

ExodusFlame

Jul 21, 2010
mario is as shit and as pointless to continue these days as sonic i mean has anyone seen the most recent mario or sonic game theyre just AWEFULL! nobody should be subjected to that kind of mental tourture its like sticking someone in a room with navi from zelda and being forced to hear the phrase "hay listen" over and over again for an hour of course those who played the zelda games allready went through that.

Zachary Mazzola

Jul 14, 2010
I see what you mean that the plot has been the same for a LONG time. But seeing hardcore mario fans as freaks with no life is an insult. Nintendo games are somewhat aimed at kids. I played it because i like the gameplay.

Alarid

Jan 15, 2009
I have been waiting for the big finish (*wink*) in the Mario series. Still hasn't came.

Hopefully they do something to develop the Mario character, like with Samus. I mean, after years of abstinence, I would have expected him to have a mental breakdown.

Sillyiggy

Jun 12, 2008
Blue-State said:
Great episode BUT....
What is it with all this dumping on the Simpsons lately? Not just Yahtzee but I've seen elsewhere on the internet as well; Simpsons is stagnating. It hasn't been good since the fifth season? they had barely established the character voices by then! It is hard for me to actually watch the old seasons because the animation is so crap and the sound quality is so terrible compared to what it is now. It's miles ahead of the competition: Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show. If you want to talk about degrading in quality, how about the last season of "That 70's Show"

Sorry but I had to get that out of the way. That's some good advice at the end: Go out and do something you've never done before. That applies to everyone, not just Mario fans.
To play devil's advocate I think it is more that The Simpsons style at the least was established by then and so any season thereafter was more of the same. It certainly fits in with the jibe of Yahtzee's review. The later seasons are probably better but anyone who started from season 1 to 5 could potentially already be bored with the show.

Nothing inherently wrong with the show. As the simpsons show pointed out itself in a Itchy and Scratchy based episode shows get stale and it has nothing with having lost it. It is that some audiences get their taste and are ready to move on. Some people find something they love and marry it, some people like me, use and degrade them for a night and then move onto the next thing!

Sillyiggy

Jun 12, 2008
I was debating getting MG2, hearing it is more of the same pretty much means: NO. I couldn't finish MG1, it just, didn't do anything for me at all. Having smaller worlds in space didn't excite me much I suppose.

I am close to finishing world 9 in Bleh Bleh Mario Wii so if I want to get my mario fix in the future I am going to have to go jump on the neighbor kids or something. I hear if I jump on enough of them in a row I get an extra life!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
seriously...one of his funniest videos ever

Alarid said:
I have been waiting for the big finish (*wink*) in the Mario series. Still hasn't came.

Hopefully they do something to develop the Mario character, like with Samus. I mean, after years of abstinence, I would have expected him to have a mental breakdown.
hahaha that made me lol. and not just because of all the talk of "cake"

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
So true... One Cadbury cream egg is good and all... But then after three or four??... *prepare for disaster*