Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Crossborder

Oct 16, 2008
Funny as always. But on what you said about Nintendo seeing players as retards - It's a casual game, made for ''the family'' so it has to be accessible to everyone. And it's a Mario game. You shouldn't expect much of a story.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Good, and loved the slap part. But he did seem that he was complaining when he was talking about the gameplay? If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or something along those lines. True that they do need to add something, and what that something is interests me.

Calumon: I wouldn't mind some cake.

NO NOT "CAKE" JUST NORMAL CAKE.

ALSO IF YOU MAKE A REFERENCE TO PORTAL, I WIN! SOMEHOW!

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
I'm amazed at the amount of other people seeming to actually hang around this site hitting the refresh button until Yahtzee's new video comes up... Anyways, I think the most ridiculous part of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is where they copy the intro wholesale from the original, and expect us to not realize because it's in 2-D.

wkrepelin

Apr 28, 2010
Eh, not his funniest video but pretty good. It seems like he had some problems finding stuff to gripe aboud and ended up meandering a bit.

I, personally, loved Mario Galaxy 2 and it ranks among the best platformers that I've ever played and I've been playing since 1983. I don't know if he really didn't like it or not but I wish he wasn't stuck doing hate filled reviews all the time. I'm sure Yahtzee can do more that's funny than just spew bile. That being said maybe he really didn't like it but I'd reccommend it to anyone who has access to a Wii . . . I said "Wii."

EDIT1: Typo

EDIT2: Interestingly this Mario game does have some continuity if you play to the end. I'm not saying it has more continuity than another Mario title but I don't even remember another title having as much as is in the final scene.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Tribute = excuse not to do more work.

I think I should do some tributes for school.

TheNamlessGuy said:
Wait, her cake needs to be spread wide?
I.e. her sex needs to be spread wide?

Uh-huh... other than that, nice episode.
Yeah, that was the joke.

Nueemann

Jul 14, 2010
"But you have to do something for me! Go out this weekend and do something you've never done before. Go skydiving, get drunk at a football match and glass someone, meet a member of the opposite sex and invite them over for some..... 'Cake'."
Brilliant Stuff!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You know what? I need to give Mario another chance. All I've played are his old games that people hail as the "best games ever".

Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario 64...Both of which have aged VERY poorly.

Guess I'll start with this. Or Sunshine. Or Galaxy 1.

Dr. Awesome Face

Jan 11, 2010
I like how this episode was more of a rant on whats happened to the franchise rather than the game itself. Good stuff.

Teh Ty said:
though Lost Planet 2 was a possibility.
Please don't waste a review on Lost Planet 2. The Single Player is fucking worthless, even in Co-op and Yahtzee won't play the online multiplayer.

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
Loving the David Bowie references at the end. I didn't have wine though, I hope cranberry juice will suffice.

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
NEAT UND TIDY

Sorry, I'm not usually in a habit of blindly repeating Yahtzee lines that I liked, but that one almost made me shoot Coke out of my nose.

The soda.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
It boggles the mind why you would want to review Super Mario Galaxy 2 if you knew it would be exactly the same as the original (and I'm sure you did), but it was an otherwise good review. It would be swell, however, if a review of Half Life managed to appear. Just sayin'.