Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Okay, I was expecting Yahtzee to spend the entire first half of the review attacking the franchise rather than the actual game, and I was right.

But what I didn't expect was that he would actually acknowledge that he was doing so, which is very refreshing. And I REALLY didn't expect that bit at the end. That was... actually pretty damn good.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I never played Galaxy 1 and thus bought Galaxy 2 on the basis that my friends (and you) said it was "ok".

I enjoyed Galaxy 2.

Still would have been better with a classic controller though

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
OHHHH SO THIS IS WHAT CAKE MEANT!

Anyway, only mario Ive played is the mario karts and the ones on gameboys. Other than that, only game I play with mario in it is SSB

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
I never got how games like this can get better reviews than games that have a well thought out plot, This game got 97 from metacritic so it beats pretty much EVERY GAME EVER MADE according to them.

Nailz

Jul 13, 2010
I've always thought of Mario as a homunculus.
And as for space... Well...
Space is probably one of the best metaphors for the human psyche.
Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are just a thought experiment in which the mind does what is quite natural for it, what it has done before.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
That was great, and I agree fully with the video. Nintendo really need some new ideas. Although, when one day I manage to clone myself using nintendo's games as examples might be a way of demonstrating how he came into existance...

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Been said, but has to be said again. Nice David Bowie reference... though I am disappointed in the lack of Peter Schilling references.

If you're going to make one Major Tom reference... you might as well make the other. Even if it must be in lieu of the other David Bowie reference.

4thVariety

May 6, 2008
First I was bedazzled that the Pizza box in the video looks the same than those of my local Pizzeria in Germany. Then I thought, "hey, what if Yahtzee just googled "pizza box" and took the first picture. Low and behold, I was right, but even the I noticed it to be a Pizza box from the U.S.

Now I am scared there being an Italian conspiracy for Pizza boxes in all the world being the same. Or an Italian conspiracy for all plumber games being the same.

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
Amphoteric said:
I never got how games like this can get better reviews than games that have a well thought out plot, This game got 97 from metacritic so it beats pretty much EVERY GAME EVER MADE according to them.
Because being a video game, it has to have more than an awesome plot. It also has to be fun to play. Videogames ultimately don't really need a plot. A game can have all gameplay but no plot, but if it's all plot and no gameplay, it ceases to be a game.

Artemus_Cain

May 20, 2009
I rented galaxy two, and it didn't have any extra card or DVD. Is that true of you buy it? Someone tell me.

Great review and I agree. Where's Rosalina? Why the stupid fucking map system? Do you enjoy bathing in money, Nintendo?

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
A little bare, but honestly, a true "review" of this game would be 95% cut-and-paste of any review of Galaxy 1. This game really goes by the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" methodology of development, and it is rather odd that it is nearly identical to SMG1 yet doesn't acknowledge it AT ALL. Let's not forget that the ORIGINAL title of SMG2 was SMG 1.5..

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Amphoteric said:
Some game has to. There'll always be one game that's the best. Why not this one?