Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I guess the "cake" isn't exactly a lie anymore xD

and definitely the funniest video lately (unless you're upset that he didn't love the game)

syltman

Feb 12, 2009
I'm gonna go ahead and say that I knew that the review was going to be like this.

Also that I can't think of any other way I could review it, except that I don't agree with the part with the N64 map thingy, I liked it.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
So if using solid gameplay that works for the next game is bad you must love Final fantasy right Yahtzee? *rolls eyes*

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
Great to see a review that actually made me laugh. Loved the part with "this is what we call an expansion pack; this is what Nintendo call *ka-ching!*"

Ze_Reaper_Of_Zeath

Feb 20, 2010
LoL "I want you to go outside, and meet a member of the opposite sex, and invite her for some.....cake.....

I laughed so hard....

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
first of all i havn't watched the video yet but what the hell escapist? you are advertising for the games that yahtzee reviews?whats up with that?

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Brilliant review, really hilarious. Hey, does anyone want some... cake? I'm really sick of Nintendo milking all of their franchises dry now.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Upon playing the game from a local Best Buy I noticed you can get letters and bank your star bits. The first letter I read was one that got sent by Peach saying she got kidnapped and leaving a 1-Up shroom for me or something in the letter. I was like how the hell could Peach send a letter to Mario on his Faceship?! The mail toad said something about her being so thoughtful and I was in full facepalm mode by then before putting the controller down.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The first one I have found funny in quite a while, very nicely done.

I am also somewhat surprised that you are also one of those people who need to collect everything in an area in order to have it looking tidy.

gophergun

Apr 16, 2010
Crossborder said:
Funny as always. But on what you said about Nintendo seeing players as retards - It's a casual game, made for ''the family'' so it has to be accessible to everyone. And it's a Mario game. You shouldn't expect much of a story.
I think the idea is that just because they've made a habit of it doesn't make it okay. Not surprising, yes, but not okay. Their retreading probably shouldn't be defended just because they do a lot of it.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Looks like Yahtzee needs better source material than, "this is the same game I played before, plus one." Not that he wasn't up to the challenge of producing a whole lot of content over nothing, but the quality suffered nonetheless.

Nintendo whores its IPs. The innuendo behind [http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=247] Princess Peach's, "cake." We've heard these ones before, you know?

Time for another retro review of something different. I nominate Odin's Sphere. It's got just enough right and wrong with it to be fertile ground.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Blue-State said:
Great episode BUT....
What is it with all this dumping on the Simpsons lately? Not just Yahtzee but I've seen elsewhere on the internet as well; Simpsons is stagnating. It hasn't been good since the fifth season? they had barely established the character voices by then!
Because that's what people enjoy - learning characters and concepts. As soon as you have done, everything else becomes predictable.

OT I'll be sticking to Mario Sunshine. That is one of my favourite games ever, but like Yahtzee, I don't feel the need to play expansion packs set in boring space.

thegamingbrit

Aug 10, 2009
You can say this about most mario games but super mario galaxy 2 is so fun I don't think it matters that it brings nothing new to the table. Though that DVD is effin stupid.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Funny review as always. Instead of just giving a muffled giggle I actually laughed out loud while watching this one. Not a big Mario person, though. I guess the classics are good because they're classics, but like he said: I don't want to play a new installment of the same game every year.

C_sector

Jan 7, 2010
After watching this review the following came to mind......

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=245