Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Eh, I could make an annoying point about how there was continuity, but that's boring, so I'll just accept that he agrees it was quite fun, judging on my plans this weekend.

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
Wow. A whole load of folk commented on this really quickly.
Is wednesday afternoon the highlight of anyone elses week?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Yeah, I could tell it didn't go anywhere just by looking at the box. Just goes to show Nintendo don't give a damn anymore, I used to know them for actually doing something interesting every time not long ago.

If Mario Galaxy 2 would let me use the Gamecube controller instead of the horrid Wiimote, I might actually consider this game.

Also, Simpsons stop being good after season 5? Pffft, shows you haven't watched up to season 17.

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
Amazing that you finally squeezed out that it was fun after 3/4 of the review being Nintendo ranting.
You're a critic, sure, but at least talk about the game rather than spraying an anti-nintendo rant all over the wall routinely.
Two weeks in a row.

Makszi

Apr 1, 2010
I enjoy the positive message to Nintendo fans Yahtzee, I think that was a great way to close.

Anaphyis

Jun 17, 2008
I want to see reviews that evolve. Instead I'm treated to the same retread of a rant whenever a Nintendo game - or a game for the Wii where Nintendo is inevitable blamed for something a third party developer did - rears its ugly head. No, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, I haven't owned one of their consoles since the SNES and I'd rather burn my money then buy a Wii with it. But listening to some frustrated British hypocrite ramble about the exact same thing over and over and over again makes me think I'm visiting a relative in some nursing home.

And when you cash in your pay check, think a moment about what you do for a living and what you blame Nintendo for and how those two things might have more in common then you'd like to admit.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
wkrepelin said:
Eh, not his funniest video but pretty good. It seems like he had some problems finding stuff to gripe aboud and ended up meandering a bit.
I think he had problems becuase he already reviewed this game before. That's why he said go watch the other review. I think it was funnier because of that. But any Wii game he reviews is funny just because its too easy.

Nintendo fanboys raged so hard the first people who said "good job" got hit with the banhammer. Just because someone liked how someone made fun of a game/franchise/console/company you like doesn't mean you can get them banned because of it. I don't care if you make fun of MW2, I'm not going to report you because of it. Hell, I'd probably agree with half of what you said and rebut the other half, but I'm not gonna cry. Get over yourselves (hardcore Nintendo) fanboys.

Eremiel

Apr 24, 2008
Joseph Murnan said:
Yahtzee doesn't like the latest Mario game? I wouldn't have guessed that.
He did like it. He even admitted that it was fun.

I am also one of those NEAT UND TIDY!!! people.

dthvirus

Oct 2, 2008
I'm still trying to figure out how to classify Mario, Peach, and Bowser as id, ego, and superego. Tougher than it seems. Good review.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
I was actually eating cake while watching this. Suffice to say it was very delicious...just like the video! :-D

Mortat Spartan

Apr 13, 2010
Awesome review, but going over your reviews of the previous Mario games (and the Pokemon reference at the beginning) makes me wonder when enough is enough. They've dragged Mario through the mud covered forest and back just to show how much he can handle but there is a point that Nintendo needs to kill a series before it's completely bare and raw and there is nothing left to cover the dang series except to use the shit and leaves around to cover itself. I am still disturbed by Nintendo's remakes of the old Pokemon games and their current project of the fifth Generation, Black and White! WTF? I am still actually a fan of the series, but when you make the equivilant of God and aliens, I am not sure where else you can go from there. Despite its main series being a non-consule platform, when those games come out, I would love to see if you review of it and the whole Pokemon series in general in one go.

BboyTeddyBear

Mar 8, 2010
i watched the video saw the analogy to cake and i wondered how many people posted about how the cake is a lie. lol. ah..long live the cake which is a lie.

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
This was your best one in a while. Loved the part where you slapped yourself, and also, I absolutely whole-heartedly agree with your Simpson opinion.