Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
wooty said:
Princess Peach and Glados should definately team up, theyre both cake teasing bitches.
Ditto. And perhaps Mario should get Peach a portal gun so he doesn't have to waste millions of dollars (and multiple hours of horrendous pitfalls) to save her every year. :D

Clunks

Apr 21, 2010
I'd give Simpsons credit for up to about season ten. From season eleven onwards, it's hit and (mostly) miss.

Beyond that minor gripe, this was a great, great, great review. Left me with a mixture of joy and awe. Well done, sir.

gary the red shirt

Jun 3, 2010
DarthNader26 said:
Did anyone else actually stop the video and go watch the SMG review while gleefully imagining Yahtzee slapping himself the whole time you're watching it?

;D
yeppers sure did. i even went to my frig to get some wine only to relies i was all out.
[http://dragcave.net/view/cVZi]

DannibalG36

Mar 29, 2010
Thank you, Yahtzee, for a tidily brilliant review. I was thinking that you were going downhill after Alpha Protocol (which you were making out as half-good until you surprisingly bashed it at the end). This review restored my faith in you.

heatbox

Aug 7, 2009
For someone who rags on Nintendo for doing the same thing over and over I must say that that is exactly what you do. Same yellow background, same tired complaints, same crude animations. I think the Yahtzee character could use a little more story. I really enjoyed the way you liked Portal, it was a tiny glimpse of a more well rounded view ("story") of you. I think over the years Nintendo has grown the Mario universe by leaps and bounds, while this show remains EXACTLY the same...

I love Branston Pickle though. Thanks for showing me that.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Hay there was that one time that Mario got kidnapped and Luigi had to go after him!.. And that one other time that Mario, Peach and Bowser all worked together to kill a crazy inter-dimensional blacksmith.

P.S. Wtb Super Mario RPG 2

PENGUINKK

Jun 11, 2008
Pretty poor review; there was hardly any reviewing aspects in it. I think the only word he used to actually describe the game was "fun" at the end. Yeah, and? After hearing him go on about SMG2 in his previous reviews, I was expecting something a bit more than his usual Nintendo rant, which is getting pretty damn old by now. Yeah, Mario doesn't have a story and Nintendo has their main IPs, but I don't care, because the games are fun.

And it saddens me that people take Yahtzee as an actual critic, where his reviews can be used as "proof" that a game is good or not. That's like believing everything Stephen Colbert says. It's sickening to see people laugh and agree wholeheartedly, or express relief that they didn't buy the game because Yahtzee says it was bad. If you bought every game Yahtzee greatly enjoyed, you'd own around five games for life. And he didn't even talk about the game much in this review, and I'm seeing people agreeing when they've never even played a Mario game. If you think the game is crap because you've played it, fine, but don't do so because of Yahtzee.

Bilbo536

Sep 24, 2009
Electrogecko said:
Wow.....I guess I'm the only one here that was disappointed by this review. It was incredibly predictable and spent the first half going on about things that anybody who didn't entirely disassemble the packaging upon receiving the game, didn't even notice. MG2 is fantastic, and if you buy a Mario game expecting to be driven around by some kind of epic story, then maybe you're the audience that needs to watch the dvd on how to play. Why would anyone in their right mind want Mario to be given a story? The game's not even supposed to make sense!! All a story would do is add restrictions to the amazingly creative level design which Yahtzee failed to mention, and make the player question every single level in the game for it's practicality. Same goes for all you out there who want voice-overs in a Zelda game. Whats wrong with you? Use your imagination. Are you not clear on what makes a video game fun and what separates it from other forms of media?
We all know what happened last time a Zelda game had voice-overs...

"I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!"

[img/]http://www.quebecgamers.com/impressions/cdi/faces_of_evil/animation_debut2.jpg[/img]

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
I wasn't all that impressed. Rather than actually dig into the game and critique the finer points, most of it was just the usual rant you get from any Sony/Microsoft fan & Nintendo hater.

I mean really, do people honestly think Nintendo should just stop making Mario games when they're always well recieved and sell multi-millions, just because a specific group of gamers think Mario is stupid? Kind of funny how it seems to be a roughly 12-25 age group that hates Mario, while -12 and 25+ love him. My long standing opinion on Nintendo always re-hashing their franchise is this:

So pretend for a second you liked Mario Galaxy. Now quick, name several high quality titles that offer a comparable experience. Now try the same thing for Halo/GTA/God of War/WoW/etc. See a problem? From that perspective you could say Mario Galaxy 2 is for more original than the majority of other big budget titles out there, when even if it's a new IP it's usually comparable to plenty of other games already released, with the occasional exception like Assassins Creed.

Matu Flp Krwfe

Apr 1, 2009
heatbox said:
For someone who rags on Nintendo for doing the same thing over and over I must say that that is exactly what you do. Same yellow background, same tired complaints, same crude animations. I think the Yahtzee character could use a little more story. I really enjoyed the way you liked Portal, it was a tiny glimpse of a more well rounded view ("story") of you. I think over the years Nintendo has grown the Mario universe by leaps and bounds, while this show remains EXACTLY the same.
So the "I know you are but what am I" defense? :)

firemark

Sep 8, 2009
After that last minute I just had to stand up and applause, alone in my room, I probably sounded like an idiot; but that has to be in my top 5 favorite endings to a ZP ever! I had to buy my girlfriend a Wii, since she did buy me a PS3...anyways; and she loves the first one but hasn't played one since she owned a Super Nintendo. I expect that I will most likely get into trouble every time she mentions that she is saving Peach for the "cake", because I am going to crack up!

Thanks again for another awesome review. It makes hump-day enjoyable!

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Lol, interesting video to say the least. I must admit though that the slapping part did catch me a tad off guard. In any event, opinions that seem to make sense to me. Not sure how different SMG2 is it's predecessor, but as I don't own a Wii. It doesn't bother me much too much ^~^!