Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Ironically, my friends were just taking about how Super Mario Galaxy was the best game ever, and thinking of what Yahtzee had to say about it...

Well, he said it was fun at least, didn't he?

qubit

Sep 26, 2008
Hmmm...I actually really enjoyed the Wii controls in Galaxy.

And Galaxy doesn't condemn the Wii as a console. Now Brawl, THAT's a game that denigrates the console it's supposed to sell. It's practically broken without using a GameCube controller.

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
Galaxy was fun, and I still enjoy pulling it off the shelf every once in a while, but Yahtzee brings up valid points as well.

Ah, well. I still enjoy it.

MrShrike

Oct 27, 2008
And you could transplant the head of joseph gobbels onto the body of a praying mantis and it would still compare favourably to mario sunshine.

Personally i really liked mario sunshine and found the gameplay interesting and enjoyable

dosnt stop the joke being any less awesome though

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Next, Super ^Paper Mario Galaxy

If they pull that I'll tear out my eyes and use them to play golf

nimbylive

Apr 15, 2009
I really did like most of Galaxy. Yahtzee is really good at pointing the shortcomings of games and wording it in such a way that I always have to laugh. Hell he could tell me Super Mario Bros 3 was terrible and I would get a kick out of it.

SpartanTnT

Apr 21, 2009
I wonder if Nintendo will ever create a new franchise that isn't in any way a spin off of a prior license.

Solaris Paradox

Apr 23, 2009
Even the great Yahtzee cannot resist this game's charm! XD

Although I really wish you would have taken a shot at those two optional missions where you have to throw bombs at trash heaps, destroying them all within 30 seconds or starting over. That minigame is BROKEN, damn it, BROKEN! T_T

DaMan1500

Jul 10, 2009
I enjoy these videos, and I think they're funny, but this dude' extreme hate of Mario and the Wii in general is really annoying and unfounded. If you don't like Mario, then don't play the games, but if after 20+ years Nintendo is still able to make solid games based off its classic franchises, and there are millions of people worldwide who would love to keep playing them, why should they stop? It would be great if Nintendo introduced more franchises, but why kill off Mario for the sake of killing off Mario?

RogueLament

the Pony
Jun 26, 2009
I think he would have liked the game better in the (spoiler) Luigi form (won with 100% completion.) Its harder and takes more skill.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
I got the real end of the game and I'm not a Korean X_x
Then again, I'm a Mario fanboy that will play almost all of his games unless it has the word "Hotel" or "Missing" in it.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
3D Mario plus spinning by shaking = boring 3D Mario game
3D Mario plus spinning by shaking which leads to flying through space faster than Sonic ever has been while listening to the kind of orchestra that would be praised worldwide = Mario Galaxy

Torchiest

May 18, 2011
I miss the music in these old videos. There were always both good songs and clever puns.