Zero Punctuation: Super Paper Mario

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
A special thanks to Yahtzee for mentioning us canadians so thank you for including us in your insults to america

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Has anyone else noticed that this video is busted at and after the 3:44 mark? Or is it just me?

skydreia

Sep 14, 2009
i really like Yahtzee's reviews but this one was meh. It's a shame that he wasn't super smart enough to find the password so that you didn't have to do all of that hamster wheel junk. I thought the game was very witty and charming and not so much in a retarded kiddy way; the jokes we're actually pretty funny especially when you get asked to save the world and you say no a few times lol. then again this was the first out of the paper mario series that i played so maybe the other ones are better.

ARKSgtAlpha

Jul 16, 2009
I know that some people have said this (But since typically i never listen) theres a safe with all the rupees u need. though time wise it did take the same time as sitting holding right

crampy

Dec 3, 2009
Your geography is wrong. It's new zealand with all the sheep. In Awstraya it's more like desert- desert- kangaroo- Aboriginals- white people.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Since I'm over two years late for this review.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess some one told Yahtzee that you dont have to run around in the Hampster wheel....
Also, I agree this is the weakest of the series, and I cant wait until intelligent games makes a bloody sequel!

Apr 16, 2010
AH! YZ, i agree! when i first saw someone playing this i thought it was a demo or something, the graphics (the new ones) are effing retarded!

Rock Golem

Jul 24, 2010
Yahtzee you supid Son of a *****!You too!I thought you were supposed to be the smart one!Almost all of you have got it wrong!You were supposed to steal the 1,000,000 rupees from a safe you idiots!Gah!You have to pay some guys money to get clues as to how to get to said safe!YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE THE FUCKING HAMSTER WHEEL EXCEPT TO GET THE MONEY TO PAY THEM!...I don't know why I'm getting so upset right now, I should be used to people being mind numbingly stupid...Oh well, I suppose we all fuck up jack royal sometimes.But still this is major league dumbass behavior that I certainly wouldn't expect from you Yahtzee.Although to be honest I'm not sure why I'm writing this as I'm almost positive you've already had your tower melted because of the number of E-mails you must've received telling you about this.But still on the off chance that you haven't you've fucked up, check youtube for a walkthrough of this part of the game and you'll know why.

P.S.hmmm, this is quite a rant isn't it?Well I've already gone to the offort of typing it all so I don't care if I sound like an obnoxious asshole I'm posting it anyway.It's the wierdest thing though, it made me so mad that you fucked that part up that I made an account just to yell at you.Oh well.

P.P.S.As it stand the video itself has yet to have been edited so you should probably change it, or at least add anotations or something.

LordWalter

Sep 19, 2009
Reaon said:
Am i the only one who noticed this? At 3:13, where he looks up the word "game" on the internet, you can see his other tab: Super Huge Tits - List of the best fr(ee websites?).

I lol'd biggie time
Just saw that. Epic win. ahahaha

christopher42623

Sep 30, 2010
I'd say it was very obvious after 40 seconds that you weren't meant to work for the gems. Ole Ben Croshaw missed the point on that one.

TactlessC

Jan 28, 2011
I still fail to see why people (mostly Sony and Microsoft junkies who think clicking a mouse to shoot someone is an accomplishment- I think it's about as boring as they'd think turn based style is...only fifty times more frustratings) seem to have some sort of bizarro phobia for anything with a well written plot just because the main characters hair is spiky, the main female is a healer with AWESOME TITS (or is just kind of average whatever), and everyone's eyes are three times bigger than normal.

I would say that most gamers that dislike JRPGs are just being general, but I know and hear so many people constantly bitching about "anime gay mo turn based hurr durr" that they seem to think there aren't even SINGLE diamonds in the rough they might enjoy.

Then again I am uncoordinated fuckwit with the primary console of a DS who only has the ability to play turn based RPGs/Strategy games (and vaguely casual games I guess) like Shin Megami Tensai and Super Robot Wars or else I will never beat a game ever (and I have tried to play others, I cannot do it, don't tell me to expand). But even so that doesn't change my point that if you actually bother to look at a genre more closely and see what can be offered you can find something even your nitpicky ass can like.

Then again Yahtzee is a smart man, he probably already all knows this. However I get the feeling the whole "Watch anime, pause DVD every five seconds" joke was just pandering to the people that actually do think JRPG is most craptastic genre ever and nothing good can come out of it. And those people all suck.

Also thank you the guy who's only experience was Final Fantasy TWELVE (which, like most post 9 Final Fantasy games, is a load of ass) for proving my point. Also you are a POOR POOR UNFORTUNATE SOUL. I suggest getting acquainted with Final Fantasy 6 and 4.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
oh yahtzee, your so funny, I wasn't thick and litterally walked in on someone talking about there being a horde of rupees somewhere. Then went through a huge tedious amount of gathering items for about = time to just holding right on the Dpad and getting the rupees like that. Either way is tedious and stupid.