Zero Punctuation: Syndicate

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
I didn't wanted to play it after seeing some gameplay videos, but after what you said, now I really want to... what the hell?

Adultratedhydra

Aug 19, 2010
Pretty much summed up everyones arguments against this game. Now to await the legions of blind fools who claim this game is a good syndicate game.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Indeed, the apparent lack of crossover in people who remember Syndicate and won't feel violated it's now an FPS, and people who don't remember Syndicate and want another bland cyberpunk adventure because Deus Ex: Human Revolution had them entertained for a bit is appallingly low. But EA aren't dumb, though. ...yes, they're evil, and they're apathetic to their consumers 'n all that. But they wouldn't kick this game out the door unless they thought it had a chance. Starbreeze's name holds a lot of cred, perhaps?

...ah well. Every review for this game I see makes me slightly less mad that it got banned in Australia. Speaking of which.... Yaaahtzeee wheree'd you get yoour cooppy from? Sneaky bugger.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
"You wont endure yourself to me by offering to rape my mom for 50 bucks!"

How about 60 then?

Ah Syndicate, yet another old, unused IP whose hope was raised when a strapping new company picked her up, only to be beat relentlessly over and over again.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Oh, if only Nickelback led to suicide....

Wait, I mean, it totally makes sense to make this into an FPS because they're more immersive!

snave

Nov 10, 2009
We should be more offended that yet another slice of potential for a nice modern game in a forgotten genre has been forever smacked in the face with a crowbar until it no longer resembles anything more than generic jam.

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
Next thing you know they'll be remaking X-com as a shooter.....god dammit.

Hopefully that game will still retain some of its personality, unlike Mr. Kilo over here.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
Qitz said:
"You wont endure yourself to me by offering to rape my mom for 50 bucks!"

How about 60 then?

Ah Syndicate, yet another old, unused IP whose hope was raised when a strapping new company picked her up, only to be beat relentlessly over and over again.
It's a shame that its developer StarBreeze laid off its some employees after finishing the development of this game.

Anyway, can you think of another old IP that big game companies could use and might suffer the same fate as Syndicate?

eNTi

Sep 8, 2007
i do really love you zeropunctuation-man. i'm not very fond of your novel, but hell do i like your style showing bad games why they suck in a very straight forward way. please do mass effect 3 next and tell the wtfis-dude that he's the suck... mass effect 3 multiplayer is the worst thing since wow-pvp.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Thanks Yahtzee, you saved me from spending $60 for a crap-tacular game.
I would have seen Syndicate and though, alright they made a up-to-date remake of that old cyber punk game I played on someone elses PC.

Libra

Feb 4, 2012
Now I have the urge to watch Thomas the Tank Engine... celebrity narrations are always fun

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Antonio Torrente said:
It's a shame that its developer StarBreeze laid off its some employees after finishing the development of this game.

Anyway, can you think of another old IP that big game companies could use and might suffer the same fate as Syndicate?
Wasn't Xcom being "re-made" as an FPS shoot as well? Coming from a Strategy game. It seems pretty much any game that had guns will be re-made into an FPS.

Same thing happened to Duke Nukem. If they brought back Doom it would probably go the same route as Duke. They don't have to be 100% accurate to the original but they should keep the core aspect of the game the same. It'd be like making CivVI into a Third Person Shooter RPG.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
"I'm secretly gay"
That is definitely the sort of videogame storytelling I am looking for.
Too bad the game looks BORING.

Even the *not* total hate from Yahtzee make me want to try it.

Shooters, pssh.