Zero Punctuation: Tales of Monkey Island

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
FloodOne said:
Also, you turds that post "first" should be banned.
You haven't been here long have you?
OT: It was ok. Not as funny as I would hope, but still good. I didn't think you would go through with the Irish accent.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
"IT could have saved me time that I could have used to beat my wife" So true!

I can't believe that Yahtzee doesn't like whiskey! Whiskey is one of my favorite alcoholic drinks. Maybe that's just because I'm American.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
dunnace said:
Tad unfair to review it when it's not technically finished isn't it?
If you've watched the other videos you'll know he thinks most games are unfinished so this is probably fair.
williebaz said:
Good video, but why does yahtzee keep reviewing all these minor XBLA games.
Uhh. He reviweded it on PC if you listened.
coren79 said:
Actually, you're third.
I know, but it's also on the XBLA, and so was splosion man in the last review

Viruzzo

Jun 10, 2009
The review implacably points out the (true) flaws in the game, but it's still decent. Obiously, you could also play again the old games for less buck and more fun... Just not the "remastered" edition please, that's just a moneygrabbing manoeuvre by LucasArts.

Jordo141

Jan 14, 2009
I have to say, I was really offended by the review, and though you stuck in a half assed apology at the end. [Insert offensive Australian beratement].

Dan Shive

Jun 9, 2008
So, play the re-release of the first game and wait for the re-release of the second classic game and stop there, then? I haven't played any of them, but that's what it sounds like Yahtzee is recommending.

And now I'm suddenly wondering if people throw dice at poor Yahtzee and if anything special happens if they get five of a kind.

Jibblejab

Apr 14, 2009
ZP seems to be in a bit of a slump at the minute with Yahtzee avoiding games that we have heard of and going for completely random minor games that no one gives a toss about... Your Welcome

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
LaBambaMan said:
"Shiver me Shamrocks" is, by far, one of the greatest things i've ever heard...maybe it's the lack of sleep or the fact that everything is going wrong in my life these days but that made me laugh more than it should have, and i'm Irish.
Don't worry, it got me to. I'm going to try to use that at least once a day.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
But isn't this a good sign that there are more tasteful genres returning to the PC even if they are just "fan wank?"

ila

Jul 29, 2008
I found the stereo type Irish accent to be quite refreshing. I love the line about Protestants and how to solve the "problem."

Can't say I've ever had an interest in Monkey Island. I like intellectually stimulating games that get me to think, but you know. Pirates. Not a fan of them.

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
The bad Irish accent is defiantly the highlight of the episode. The rest was pretty good, but the accent was the best part.

Jordo141

Jan 14, 2009
letsnoobtehpwns said:
"IT could have saved me time that I could have used to beat my wife" So true!

I can't believe that Yahtzee doesn't like whiskey! Whiskey is one of my favorite alcoholic drinks. Maybe that's just because I'm American.
Yeah, like everyone here beats their wife like there's no tomorrow. I could go off about the typical disasters that America has contributed to the world but it would not be fair to offend the friendly, intellegent minority in your country.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Worse. Irish accent. Evar.

I could barely understand what you were saying half the time.

Dan Shive

Jun 9, 2008
Oh! I know. A bottle of Branston Pickles appear if you get a Yahtzee while throwing dice at Yahtzee. Makes perfect sense.

I also don't like it when Yahtzee does different accents simply because he continues to talk fast and it can be difficult for a yank such as myself to understand what he's saying. Then again, that might just be encouraging him to use different accents more often.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Neat, I'm here so early that the "first" and "second" hasn't been banned yet.

Anywho - loved the Irish accent, definitely had to fight the urge to guffaw in the public place in which I watched the video.

I'm not sure what to say about the review of the game. Apparently they were a little lazy in re-using character models and more than a little bit unable to resist drooling all over the IP. But, not a bad game, per se. Well, alrightio, then.