Zero Punctuation: Tales of Monkey Island

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
A mustache on a cat's arse and time beating Moira. The juice came out of my nose.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
bodyklok said:
Worse. Irish accent. Evar.

I could barely understand what you were saying half the time.
Ditto over here. I thought the review was good witty and funny though.

I will have to check out Monkey island at some point.

Also I'm assuming the banhammer guy is late for the moron who posted "first!!1" without even watching the video.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
His Irish accent is a shite-ton better than his Scottish one xD

"Keep rubbing"

Oh, have to add I thought the movement controls were terrible in this game... really quite infuriating.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
I was expecting the new Batman which was hinted at last week but I guess once again it hasn't been released in Austuria yet. Well at least reviews of downloadable games will help me deside wether to buy it or not, this review helped me deside since I was on the fence for a few weeks as to wether or not to to get the wiiware version. BTW, the review made me deside not to.

BTW does Yatzee know about The secret of monkey island special edition? I think he would like that since you can switch between the new visials on the old school graphics on both the Xbox 360 version and the PC version.

miquelfire

Red Fire
Dec 24, 2008
williebaz said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
dunnace said:
Tad unfair to review it when it's not technically finished isn't it?
If you've watched the other videos you'll know he thinks most games are unfinished so this is probably fair.
williebaz said:
Good video, but why does yahtzee keep reviewing all these minor XBLA games.
Uhh. He reviweded it on PC if you listened.
coren79 said:
Actually, you're third.
I know, but it's also on the XBLA, and so was splosion man in the last review
The re-release was on XBLA, Tales is on Wii. For PC, both can be gotta from Steam (And Tales from the maker's site if you don't like Steam for some reason, oh and Tales don't require a SSE2 processor to play...)

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
williebaz said:
The Secret of Monkey Island is available on XBLA now. Tales of Monkey Island is an all-new game.

Rickmanguy

Sep 2, 2009
Oh dear lord, I don't think I've laughed so hard at a Zero Punctuation before. This was the one that made me register my account finally, instead of just lurking.

Totally going to use "Shiver me shamrocks" at every possible chance.

dunnace

Oct 10, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
dunnace said:
If you've watched the other videos you'll know he thinks most games are unfinished so this is probably fair.
But technically this game isn't finished. He commented about how terrible the gameplay was in Silent Hill 2, but loved the plot, well he doesn't know all the plot yet. He knows 2/5 of it. And don't say "but he can review the episode" because you can't buy the episodes individually, you have to get a bundle (on PC. On wii... well don't bother).

Fausk

Sep 2, 2009
Just sad, Yahtzee. I wonder if he even bothered to do any research. Y'know, like finding out one of the original 3 people that wrote the first two games (Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer, and Dave Grossman; the very last of which is the one I'm referring to) actually works at Telltale and had a large hand in the development process. Or the fact that they actually brought Ron Gilbert in and had him help out with some of their initial story design for the game.

I'm just complaining about the game being "fan wank" when most of the initial development had as much of the original team as possible. If Tim Schafer wasn't busy doing Brutal Legend, I'm sure they would have roped him in too, somehow.

The mouse controls are a bit difficult, but you can substitute them with WSAD if you prefer.

Furthermore, Ron Gilbert had envisioned the series as a trilogy. Meaning there was meant to be an "official" third game after Monkey Island 2, and it was not Curse of Monkey Island, obviously.

And finally, to whoever that guy is here. Tales of Monkey Island is NOT on XBLA yet. It's only on PC and Wii.

in_95

Jul 2, 2008
That was a terrible accent, but the wife beating comment saved it.

Don't ever change, you beautiful fiend.

Vargas19

Jun 20, 2009
Weird, I was expecting Batman: Arkham Asylum today.
Oh well, it was cool anyway to hear Yahtzee's opinion about the "Monkey Island games that Ron Gilbert didn't make."

Oh yeah, worst irish accent ever indeed.

LaBambaMan

Jul 13, 2009
the protaginist said:
LaBambaMan said:
"Shiver me Shamrocks" is, by far, one of the greatest things i've ever heard...maybe it's the lack of sleep or the fact that everything is going wrong in my life these days but that made me laugh more than it should have, and i'm Irish.
Don't worry, it got me to. I'm going to try to use that at least once a day.
I know this is fairly off topic, but I feel it's a good story to tell ya. My buddy can't do an Irish accent for shit, and every time he tries he ends up doing a Pirate accent instead for some odd reason. So now i'm going to introduce him to the term "shiver me shamrocks" and make his day.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Jibblejab said:
ZP seems to be in a bit of a slump at the minute with Yahtzee avoiding games that we have heard of and going for completely random minor games that no one gives a toss about... Your Welcome
Monkey Island.

A Random, Minor Game.

I had to use capitalized letters to point out how much.. I don't know how to say it, but you sir just lost the Internet.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
miquelfire said:
williebaz said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
dunnace said:
williebaz said:
Good video, but why does yahtzee keep reviewing all these minor XBLA games.
Uhh. He reviweded it on PC if you listened.
coren79 said:
Actually, you're third.
The re-release was on XBLA, Tales is on Wii. For PC, both can be gotta from Steam (And Tales from the maker's site if you don't like Steam for some reason, oh and Tales don't require a SSE2 processor to play...)
Oh, I goofed

Epictank of Wintown

Jan 8, 2009
Jordo141 said:
letsnoobtehpwns said:
"IT could have saved me time that I could have used to beat my wife" So true!

I can't believe that Yahtzee doesn't like whiskey! Whiskey is one of my favorite alcoholic drinks. Maybe that's just because I'm American.
Yeah, like everyone here beats their wife like there's no tomorrow. I could go off about the typical disasters that America has contributed to the world but it would not be fair to offend the friendly, intellegent minority in your country.
Oh, please cry some fucking more. It's a joke. Humor. Hahaha, that's funny because it's a stereotype and not meant to offend someone unless you're one of those people with no sense of humor. Jesus, people like you piss me off. Lighten up.

On topic, though, I remember the old Monkey Island games...good stuff. Hilarious, just like everything else LucasArts used to put out (Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle, anyone?). What happened to games with actual wit, anyway?