Zero Punctuation: The Amazing Spider-Man

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Redundancylad223 said:
Pretty much this. I know most people would just call it a rip off, but I don't really care. I really liked both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Granted, I like Batman a lot more than I like Spiderman, but I'd still play it. They could call it Spiderman: New York City.
Blend it with some ideas with Infamous find a way to tie it in with the aftermath of the Avengers movie and you've got a hit game. People already compare these games to Arkham City so whatever, go for broke.

Redundancylad223

Jul 25, 2012
SnakeoilSage said:
Redundancylad223 said:
Pretty much this. I know most people would just call it a rip off, but I don't really care. I really liked both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Granted, I like Batman a lot more than I like Spiderman, but I'd still play it. They could call it Spiderman: New York City.
Blend it with some ideas with Infamous find a way to tie it in with the aftermath of the Avengers movie and you've got a hit game. People already compare these games to Arkham City so whatever, go for broke.
I think I see where you're going with this. Maybe add some cameos from other Marvel heroes, Like Wolverine, and Catwoman, maybe even Impossible Man.

P.S. You goofed and put my name on the quote, instead of the dude above me.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
MegaManOfNumbers said:
Lordofthesuplex said:
Wait did Yahtzee just complain about the game having a "location warp" system in the game? Great now you've given a reason to say you're inept at this job for reasons that aren't Nintendo related, Croshaw. Namely the fact that you're just looking too desperately for things to complain about even if its stupid.

There's a term for that showing up in game reviewers' videos: "Irate Gamer" syndrome.
Woah, settle down.

He's complaining that there is a system in the game that turns the obviously "interactive experience" into an "uninteractive one". (Yes I know uninteractive isn't a word)

Also:

Skyrim has a location warp system.
ASM has a "I'm-too-lazy-to-play-the-game" button.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Not completely off topic but Spider Man for Genesis was freaking awesome for back in the day

Man, I want that game! Spidey beating up civilians? Sure it is not grant theft web?

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
The part that really bothers me with the web slinging is that we reverted right back to what web slinging was in Spiderman one. Web slinging from clouds rather than buildings. You can't really make those awesome arc swings if you can't grab onto something above or below you. People just don't know how to make a spiderman game anymore. I think the adventure genre really pollutes spiderman games. They just want to be like them then be Spiderman.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
I know this won't happen, but I'd like to see Yahtzee's take on the new Kingdom Hearts game. He might hate to all hell, but it's not like there's much else that came out recently, and at least the gameplay in the newer Kingdom Hearts games has tended to be more fun and innovative.

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
Balkan said:
Why awlays New Yourk ? Why there is no spider-man in LA for example ? Arent there enough skyscrapers ?
Probably Prototype 1 is the better spider-man game than spider man .
Except Prototype was actually a Hulk game.
Actually I think Prototype was the test-tube baby of Hulk and Venom.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Balkan said:
Why awlays New Yourk ? Why there is no spider-man in LA for example ? Arent there enough skyscrapers ?
Because for the most part Spiderman the comic is set in New York. I agree there could be a bit more variety considering his occasional World Tour jaunts.

I've been waiting for a review of this for a while since it looks interesting. I think I'll still get it. It's a shame the web-slinging doesn't require the precise timing, I really enjoyed that part. Still, it's free roam and the swinging looks cool so I'd like to get it.

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
CronoT said:
Caffeine_Bombed said:
CronoT said:
Since the beginning of video games, expecting a movie tie-in game to suck is like expecting the sun to rise. It just happens, and there's very little we can do to stop it from happening.
There are some exceptions. I really enjoyed Constantine on the Xbox. And the incredibly violent Wolverine Oranges tie-in!
Both of those were comic books long before they were movies. They had a very large and deep canon to draw from. They didn't have to rely on the movie for the story or for the hyped up publicity.

GoldeneEye007 is usually trotted out as the exception to the rule, but most people either forget or conveniently omit that the movie came out about 3-4 years before the game.
Uhh yeah but so does Spider-Man and a lot of movie tie-ins. And the two examples I gave were both made to tie-in with the movie releases, both sharing the same main plot and character likeness. I'm just saying there are several exceptions where the developers could give a shit.
As for Goldeneye, granted it was released 2 years after the movie, but that was because the developers decided to make it for the in-development 64 console rather than the SNES.
The thing with Goldeneye is it was a big step for first-person shooters in general and I think most of it's praise comes from that rather than "this is a great movie tie-in."

It's all fairly pointless anyway as I'm sure most of us will agree that movie adaptations are far more horrendous than some game adaptations... ¬_¬

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Uhg...its time just make a game that's either hard or plays itself, if it plays itself you will sell more of them desu...

Wolf Hagen

Jul 28, 2010
Balkan said:
Wolf Hagen said:
Seemes Defenatly like a QTE Fest. <.<

Why do they keep doing that? In case we mess up the artists Stile?

Bad developers! Bad! ;P
Seriously ? You are telling me that just because he was never in any other city , that means that he cant be ? Its a fictional character , a they can just write it on paper and bam , he is there .
There isnt anything sacred about this paper-thin character .
It's more about the Artists Stile on the Game Developers side.
You know. Patienly watching their Pre rendered actions to the QTEs instead of mashing the mooks into the scenery.

Thats kinda bad.

I honestly don't care about costume changes and such. But hey you know, It's a game. Games have controllers for that. :D

grumpymooselion

May 5, 2011
I really hate when games automate actions that I want to be doing. It's the same issue that I have with cutscenes in many games. I want to DO the cool things, not watch them. It's that simple.