Zero Punctuation: The E3 Trailer Park

DanRSL

May 14, 2008
No love for Mirror's Edge? Not to say one game completely makes up for these things, but it certainly looks the least bad (or "good" if you prefer). I mean, platformers were great, now we have what looks like a great FPPlatformer.

But what got me the most was the Wii's "re-release", with the REAL Wiimote and that 1:1 sword fighting game that was advertised by a "cool guy" dressed all in white since before the Wii came out. So Nintendo is finally delivering on their launch promises.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
assume everything's shit until it proves itself otherwise.

wonder what good non-sequels are coming out soon.

star_topology

Feb 21, 2008
Lots more angst than usual in this one.

Also loved the "clapping." Really woke me up! Oi!

The theory of cynicism at the end is pretty much what I've adopted. If you prepare for the worst, and the worst comes, you were right. If the best comes, it's a pleasant and welcome surprise!

rebochan

Apr 10, 2007
What, no mention of Fat Princess? I was waiting for it all video.

Nice to see Yahtzee his usual curmudgeonly self. Oh, except that the Fallout 3 feature he talked about is something you can choose to turn on or off. Turn it on and its evocative of a turn-based combat system from the original two games. Turn it off and it's like any other FPS. No cutscenes necessary.

Hypersapien

Nov 14, 2007
DanRSL said:
No love for Mirror's Edge? Not to say one game completely makes up for these things, but it certainly looks the least bad (or "good" if you prefer). I mean, platformers were great, now we have what looks like a great FPPlatformer.
You didn't read the bit he put in the credits?

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
I actualy think that the this falls lineup of games is nothing short of 100% awesome, but Yahtzee hit comedy gold again. God bless you even if your mindset is one I refuse to adopt.

Also, the Sigur Ros music in the Prince of Persia trailer was awesome. ;)

rebochan

Apr 10, 2007
CrossLOPER said:
No one has any faith in Fallout 3, it seems.
Outside of NMA you mean? Because outside of "ABANDON ALL HOPE!" Yahtzee-man, non-NMA Fallout fans are pretty much looking forward to this game.

TheVietSpecial

Jul 9, 2008
I think I was just as disappointed at E3 as you were... though I will admit I'm excited to play some of the sequels. I totally agree that something original would be nice. I would play a game about a french chef riding a stick insect that wields a gun that shoots velociraptors. That sounds fucking awesome.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Meh to Final Fantasy as it will just be the same game but more over the top. As for the others theres is hope, even for Fallout 3. I think most bitterness towards it is coming from Fallout 1 and 2 fans but then again I will have to play it myself to judge I suppose.

Great video BTW as usual.

spudpuffin

Apr 27, 2008
yet again you ride into the end of the day with your dick limp and a dissapointment monkey on your soulders thank you for doing this for all of us so we don't have to =D cheers to a horible year in gaming

DarthTirith

Nov 2, 2007
On the topic of Fallout 3, you only get the camera angle slow motion thing when using your VAT, which you cannot use all the time.