Zero Punctuation: The E3 Trailer Park

DanRSL

May 14, 2008
Hypersapien said:
DanRSL said:
No love for Mirror's Edge? Not to say one game completely makes up for these things, but it certainly looks the least bad (or "good" if you prefer). I mean, platformers were great, now we have what looks like a great FPPlatformer.
You didn't read the bit he put in the credits?
ah, well its hard to sit through "GUIIIITARRRRRRRR FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" When it blares so loud, I'll go check it out again.

So yea, please - volume control, Yahtzee.

emytzu

Apr 6, 2008
Great, specially the part where yathzee says OI and claps XD
What about Fable 2? :(

P.A. Master

May 8, 2008
As a note, I was slightly disappointed to see that he didn't comment on Nintendo's insane announcement that they weren't marketing to core gamers anymore at E3, but rather the Moms and Snowboarders, with some Animal Crossing and Graphs thrown in just in case you hadn't lost all hope quite yet.
*ClapClap*
OI.
Woke me up, I'll say that much. I watched this just after I got up... not the best time to get yelled at by Yahtzee.

Rasmus F

Jul 23, 2008
Excellent, this was just what i've been waiting for, a good E3 round up from Yahtzee! ^^
I don't have consoles or a computer good enough to play any of these games (i kinda wish i'd bought a PS3 instead of a Wii), but i totally agree with you on Gears Of War 2...

Oh, and Mirrors Edge is going to be sweet. It's probably the most realistic FPS (if not game) i've ever seen. But i won't hold by breath until i've actually gotten a chance to play it.

Oh, and i loved the 'Oi!' part! ^^

snuffler

Jun 4, 2008
George Lucas is releasing a new Star Wars movie...its a 3d cartoon...based loosely off of the 2d cartoon of the clone wars. It's going to be terrible.

Great mention of gears of war two, in my opinion. The hype that everyone saw with that game was lost on me from the beginning. The E3 makes me want to download Game Maker again just so I can pump out an awesome side scrolling platform title that gets distributed over the internet to more PCs than any of these franchise games.

Naturally, it makes me sad in the pants to see how unoriginal the "creativity" of the big game developers has become, Pase in coint in this episode of ZP with the comment of Microsoft and Sony's belligerent butt Firetruck theft of each others ideas. PlayStation 1080 incoming, anyone?

Excellent review of the E3. Although I have the feeling that many of these games are better than the cynical views expressed and endorsed by the escapist community ;P

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
XD that was awesome

first you "blew my socks off", then after the *clap clap* OI i laughed them off again
i cant find them now T_T

Forsooth and Pi

Apr 23, 2008
I agree with the theory of cynicism, and have for a while. I don't understand why some people still find E3 exciting, but... c'est la vie. Besides, I thought after the huge disappointment that was E3 last year everyone turned their attentions to PAX as the new big gaming event of the year. Was I misinformed?

Kenkaku

Nov 7, 2007
FINALLY. SOMEONE GOT IT ****ING RIGHT.

I'll admit for the past week, I just thought, "Oh, christ, Yahtzee is going to ***** about how laughable Nintendo's E3 was, like the past ten or twenty some Internet webcomics and such."

But this was my favorite video thus far, which is good, because I thought I was beginning to see a slump in the series.

All in all, I'm happy that I wasn't the only one that saw the other ridiculous slump in the game industry. Not only did E3 show off nothing but sequels for the PS3/360, but we've known about them from months to YEARS. Just like what Yahtzee -kinda- said with the FFXIII trailer, games can't promise much with CGI trailers, let alone CGI trailers that were shown off THREE FREAKING TIMES IN THE PAST THREE YEARS. It's like someone is wowing the fanboys with a sign that says 'raw potential coming out in 20XX.'

Also, I'm happy that I'm not the only one who remembered that Nintendo said they were going after a new audience TWO YEARS AGO. Seeing everybody ***** and cry about it now in spite of this fact is just laughable.

This video is the highlight of my week... Yeah, I'm willing to say that even now. I'm going to go watch it again.

Caboose669

Jul 5, 2008
It was, in hindsight, a bad idea to be drinking when I watched this, as I now have to spend the next few minutes cleaning up my desk area. Yes thats right, thanks to yahtzee I now actually have to clean stuff when im on leave. The bastard.

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
The fallout 3 awesome camera angle thing is only when you use VATS. So its optional, and I think it should get boring after the 20th or so time, cause I think VATS is a lame add-on that no self respecting FPS gamer will ever use short of being surrounded, having 2 health and only having the fatman, a gun that you NEVER want to fuck up a shot with

Caboose669

Jul 5, 2008
Its not an add-on through really is it, I mean, it has been brought across from the other Fallout games.

BigDaddy02

Jul 27, 2008
Brilliant. But then again hasn't it allways been? E3...what to say. Disapointment? Yeah, that would be my choice of word. Well, perhaps not as good as it used to be...

EDIT: Gotta give a little love for Mirror's Edge...was in a hurry.

metagaia

Random small pink blob
Jul 23, 2008
It would be a delightful irony if Mirror's edge turned out to be the only disappointing game of the bunch. Though I consider myself a cynic I do cling to the hope that Sonic Unleashed might be at best slightly worse than Sonic Adventure 2 ... which was slightly worse than sonic adventure one ... which was slightly worse than all the Genesis Sonic games.

CatmanStu

Jul 22, 2008
Ah, nice to see that the general consensus on this site is that E3 sucked mammoth balls.
Another collection of memorable metaphors again as well.

Ixal

Mar 19, 2008
I liked the Gear of War 2 bit.
Although I expected that Yahtzee would somehow mention that Fallout 3 has already been banned in Australia.