Zero Punctuation: The E3 Trailer Park

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Souplex said:
Am I the only one who thinks mirrors edge looks bad? Honestly, am I?
Very yes. The rest of the billions of people world wide are already making a que. I know I'm looking forward to it. Shows FPS's don't have to bloody or fully violent, and rather just stylized and fun.

tadhgk said:
And I have no idea if that's what Yahtzee wanted it like or not, or whether he was handed a copyright slap from a lawyer for using other peoples' music, or whether he just found the hassle of finding those bits of music a bit too much every week. And neither do you.
He wanted it that way. And you know how much he loves his fans right? I don't think it will ever change. Plus I already like this one.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
PurpleRain said:
Souplex said:
Am I the only one who thinks mirrors edge looks bad? Honestly, am I?
Very yes. The rest of the billions of people world wide are already making a que. I know I'm looking forward to it. Shows FPS's don't have to bloody or fully violent, and rather just stylized and fun.
I'm not so crazy about it, something in the previews just yells "meh" at me, they should have made it about a dinosaur.

Seriously, it would fit the mechanics better.

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
You sure are right about the pessimistic thing " if it's good, that's great and if it's not then u won't have your heart broken" finally sum1 who thinks like me

sshplur

Nov 22, 2007
I watched the new PoP trailer again and could only think about Yahtzee's description of the music XD It's just Ubisoft being artsy, leave them alone! :p Assassin's Creed's trailer was worse, where the artsyness fell on its face.

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
1. Fallout 3 is going to be awesome, and everyone here is going to feel stupid when it wins GOTY.
2. Fallout 3 and Madworld were the best E3 games IMO.

Nobody seemed to notice my comment about the fact that Fallout 3 was denied a rating in Australia (the country Yahtzee lives in).

derpa

Apr 4, 2008
HadesWTF said:
1. Fallout 3 is going to be awesome, and everyone here is going to feel stupid when it wins GOTY.

Nobody seemed to notice my comment about the fact that Fallout 3 was denied a rating in Australia (the country Yahtzee lives in).
You mean like how Oblivion won GOTY?

Yea it will win it, cause of console kiddies.

Hence why RIP Fallout.

yourkie1921

Jul 24, 2008
Consoles are better. They're less expensive and easier to plug in. Also, controllers provide a better expierience.

derpa

Apr 4, 2008
yourkie1921 said:
Consoles are better. They're less expensive and easier to plug in. Also, controllers provide a better expierience.
lol.

Both are easier to plug in, less expensive you say? That can be debated depending on the console.

Controllers are ass for everything but racing and fighting games mostly with some Action-adventure thrown in.

Oh you forgot that console games are dumbed down.

GoldenSeducer

Aug 4, 2008
derpa said:
yourkie1921 said:
lol.

Both are easier to plug in, less expensive you say? That can be debated depending on the console.

Controllers are ass for everything but racing and fighting games mostly with some Action-adventure thrown in.

Oh you forgot that console games are dumbed down.
My keyboard vs controller issues are dependent on how I learned to play the game first. Oblivion, I learned to play on the keyboard. It took me a good 2 hours to get used to the actual PS3 controller. The Sonic games I learned on the Genesis controllers. If you were to sit me down in front of one of the old games on a computer, I'd probably have issues.

This day in age, pretty much every game has been dumbed down, be it PC or Console. About the only games that HAVEN'T been dumbed down are table top games, such as Monopoly and Go Fish, and PC/Console classics that no one will *ever ever ever* touch or remake, such as Daggerfall and Landstalker, respectively.

owosso

Feb 13, 2008
Quite frankly, that's what I've been telling people my whole life; that being wary of things is good. And my outlook on life isn't bleak, either.
Also, I loved your mention of Gears 2. I'm sure Xbox fanboys will have a cow. ;)

frazmacaz

Jul 10, 2008
Yahtzee's E3 rant was pretty much bang on but that video of Russ Pits and co afterwards made me want to spew up hot molten lava onto my own crotch.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
derpa said:
HadesWTF said:

You mean like how Oblivion won GOTY?

Yea it will win it, cause of console kiddies.

Hence why RIP Fallout.
Oblivion was a great game and to be fair I think most of this hate is coming from die-hard Morrowind fans who wanted something more core for a sequel... and by all means I can understand that but that doesn't make Oblivion bad. Same for Fallout 3.

YYZed

Jun 25, 2008
how about we wait for Fallout 3 to come out before we declare its Game of the Year...

oh and btw console video games are garbage there all the same thing crappy stories combined with boring FPS. I guess it's because i like challenging in depth complicated story-lines that make me think (cause i'm a big douche bag amirite?). Every good game thats been released for a console has been released for the PC with better graphics not to mention al the games i can just download and all the games you will never experience because you have clearly never bought a game for the PC.

derpa

Apr 4, 2008
Stabby Joe said:
Oblivion was a great game and to be fair I think most of this hate is coming from die-hard Morrowind fans who wanted something more core for a sequel... and by all means I can understand that but that doesn't make Oblivion bad. Same for Fallout 3.
Um no. Reason it got hate was cause it's a piss poor RPG and a prefect showing of how Beth can lie and cater to the console kiddie crowd. These things made Oblivion bad.

GoldenSeducer

Aug 4, 2008
derpa said:
Stabby Joe said:
Um no. Reason it got hate was cause it's a piss poor RPG and a prefect showing of how Beth can lie and cater to the console kiddie crowd. These things made Oblivion bad.
I dunno. I thought Oblivion was great. It's only as piss poor as you make it. Granted... I wouldn't be saying this about Oblivion except for Shivering Isle, but that's neither here nor there.

Also, keep in mind that Oblivion is in NO WAY a sequel to Morrowind, just as Morrowind is not a sequel to Daggerfall, which is not a sequel to Arena. They are separate from each other except for the Lore that has been carried through. However... I will say that Oblivion did a horrible, *horrible* job on maintaining the Lore.

derpa

Apr 4, 2008
GoldenSeducer said:
derpa said:
Stabby Joe said:
I dunno. I thought Oblivion was great. It's only as piss poor as you make it. Granted... I wouldn't be saying this about Oblivion except for Shivering Isle, but that's neither here nor there.

Also, keep in mind that Oblivion is in NO WAY a sequel to Morrowind, just as Morrowind is not a sequel to Daggerfall, which is not a sequel to Arena. They are separate from each other except for the Lore that has been carried through. However... I will say that Oblivion did a horrible, *horrible* job on maintaining the Lore.
Sorry, but Oblivion was a piss poor RPG. It was really just a action-adventure with some RPG stuff thrown in. Plus it was extremely dumbed down, hence part of what made it not longer a RPG.

Knew that they weren't sequels from the start when I first played Arena and then Daggerfall.

GoldenSeducer

Aug 4, 2008
Well, that second part about sequels was meant more for Stabby Joe. I probably should've made that more clear.

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
I see this place is full of PC elitist fuckbags. No sense trying to argue with those people.

The only thing worst than a console fanboy is a PC fanboy.

Never understood the point a good game is a good game. Oblivion was a great game, light years ahead of Morrowind and Daggerfall IMO.

Liam Wolfy

Nov 21, 2007
Sorry about this Yahtzee but since your Uncharted Drake's Fortune review you've been... To coin a phrase... Bollucks.

You don't use good arguments anymore, you just wordfully bitchslap any game that you dislike even the tiniest bit. Back in your older reviews you were far funnier. Now you just suck ass.