Zero Punctuation: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I don't normally bother commenting on these, especially since the threads tend to be too crowded already by the time I can get in, but I had to today because this is the funniest ZP in a long time. Yahtzee was on this week. Now we know what he's capable of when he gets put through weeks of bland-shooter hell and emerges into a game that doesn't piss him off. I even laughed when he was talking about the floating ground lady, and I'm not quite sure why. It seems like it ought to be nowhere near as funny as the bugs he described in Mercenaries 3 (one of my other favorite ZP moments), but for some reason it was the funniest part of the video. (The runner up was the "world's worst Jehova's Witness" line. Laughed out loud at that one too.)

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I found out later that even though I had went with the Stormcloaks to escape, that it was entirely possible to still join the Imperial Legion, since you can be told to do so after you revisit Fort Greymoor under Imperial occupation after you "cleanse" it of bandits. So, technically, the beginning of the game doesn't necessarily determine which side you choose later on, but it does affect your initial game experience.

jessegeek

Oct 31, 2011
Amarganth said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.327962-Skyrim-the-best-crap-this-year?page=1

You're welcome
You pre-emptively "you're welcomed" me, so I guess this is a temporally-mismatched "thank you".

KLJT

Sep 15, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Just like in the game, he ended-up shouting nonsense.
Jennacide said:
I love in the end credits he knows that there will be nude mods and child murder mods. The second one having been already made. The mod community can be nice, but also stupidly predictable at times.
Not so much predictable as dependable IMHO
Zachary Amaranth said:
And once again, Yahtzee ignores the multiplayer content. Why didn't you comment on it, Yahtzee? Why?

(please don't kill me)
No perhaps not, I've thought of a better use for you
Ha I get it

thereverend7

Aug 13, 2010
My favorite part of this video was when he was talking about having 15,000 gold and nothing to spend it on but skill points. and being all pissed off and fighting the spider with the axe xD made me laugh out loud.

I still haven't had the money to pick up this game yet though, and my soul is worse because of that. Next Paycheck can't get here fast enough...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I think Bethesda games and glitches are pretty much synonymous these days. Still I'd love to try this game should I ever get the chance.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Found a pretty good exploit earlier, there's a trapdoor thing in a ruin called Volunruud.
Unrelenting Force shout a deathlord into it, slowly slowly arrow him to death.

weirdguy said:
I found out later that even though I had went with the Stormcloaks to escape, that it was entirely possible to still join the Imperial Legion, since you can be told to do so after you revisit Fort Greymoor under Imperial occupation after you "cleanse" it of bandits. So, technically, the beginning of the game doesn't necessarily determine which side you choose later on, but it does affect your initial game experience.
I joined the imperials by accident on one character by wandering into their HQ. I followed the stormcloak dude on that character too.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
That shout actually sets off pretty much any trap, so you can use it for various comedic situations in which your opponent happens to be standing right next to a pressure plate. It's the most fun you can have outside of conveniently placed puddles of oil. Took me a while to figure out that it wasn't just discolored water.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Oh my..an Elder Scrolls game that Yahtzee enjoyed,it's heresy I tell you! :p

Got the chuckles of the day so thank you for this vid.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Funny review as always. I've seen Video of the Flying Mole Lady before glad to hear Yahtzee got to see her too.

Though I have to wonder, if it wasn't so different from all the bland, "go here or fail" games, would he have given it such high praise? Sure he liked some of the stuff but towards the end it seems like his whole positive opinion of the game was largely that it wasn't a hand holding game.

floobie

Sep 10, 2010
Well this is strange. This is quite possibly the first and only time ever that I'm more critical of a game than Yahtzee is.

Overall, it's good. But:

- Bugs, glitches, exploits EVERYWHERE. I can't go 5 minutes with seeing something ridiculous that shouldn't happen, or realizing that I can do something ridiculous that shouldn't happen.
- This is personal preference, but the general lack of emphasis on the main quest and story in all Bethesda games isn't my cup of tea.

The undiluted RPG-ness is very welcome, though. The visuals are consistently great, and the score is awesome as always.

The best way to summarize it is: It's a Bethesda game, for better and for worse.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Spot1990 said:
I went with the Imperial, mostly because in the bedlam of a dragon attack I saw some dude and followed him. Joined the Legion later because I actually preferred them.
Actually I didn't know I had the option of following the storm cloak guy until I tried playing a second time. I just thought I was safe with the imperial guy who was actually helpful and GAVE you useful equipment. Besides, he tried to help me when a dragon attacked and tried to help me even before I was supposed to be executed.

I have yet to actually join a side though so through out the world I am seeing camps and such on either side and not particularly caring on it other than a place to sell shit.

ironically I have yet to see any bugs other than find the exploits on some bosses.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
My glitch was a farmer who was stuck on the path leading into Whiterun. He was buried up to his waist and just stared at me. When I entered Whiterun and returned, he had apparently asexually reproduced through cloning, as he had a doppleganger standing beside him, not buried, but not moving.

This happened until I had six clones and one half-buried farmer gathered outside Whiterun. Out of impulse I saved and hit them with my Fus Ro Dah to see if I could knock them aside, but when they attacked me I learned they could not be killed, perhaps being related to a quest.