Zero Punctuation: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
BlackWidower said:
HA! Fanboys prepare to weep as Yahtzee reviews your holy work! HA!
And yet he gave it a fairly good review, so what does that say about posting on videos you haven't watched?

DeliciousCake

Apr 15, 2010
Maybe I've been doing something wrong, but I only became a Prince of the Money Universe around level 25, about 75 hours in. I loot just about everything and I only had the problem of having to go to more than one shopkeeper only a few hours before that. Hmmm, maybe because I was hoarding up all the dragon bones and scales instead of selling them for moolah because I saw that you could use them to forge Dragon armor... Oh well, I still have enough money to buy me, Jarl Balgruuf and Paarthurnax a giant pool party using the whole of Whiterun in place of a pool.

Also, it sounds like yahtzee only used 1h melee weapons. I dunno about you, but even while specializing in dual wielding swords and light armor, I found my major skills to include destruction and archery as well as speech, enchanting and smithing. The point is: in spite of being a "slice up the opposition until their corpses resemble thin slice ham" type of burly warrior, most of my battles involved quite a bit of weapon and spell switching, varying up my strategy usually when the battle went tits up. That and using runes to lay hilarious exploding traps. I bet that ancient undead lord never thought that the ol' arrow to the forehead would be followed up by a fiery explosion and a flourish of penis extensions.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
thaluikhain said:
Anyhoo, I thought this one was funnier that the last few of Yahtzee's reviews. Summer brings on better jokes?
You can only work with the material given!

RockPlazaCentral

Oct 28, 2010
Micalas said:
Breno said:
hated the start because you runined in i was ceeping it a surprise for myswlf :(
however thought the end of the video was funny :)
Does anyone know what the fuck this man just said?
I think he meant to say, "I hated the start of the video because you told the start of the game and you ruined it for me. I was keeping the start of the game a surprise for myself."

I'm an English teacher, so I have to decipher a lot. ;)

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
1nfinite_Cros5 said:
I'm not an Elder Scrolls fan, but I'm glad it's getting a massive amount of popularity. It just goes to show you that a game doesn't need a multiplayer to survive in the industry.
But needs a million fans to survive.

FEichinger said:
Wait ... Yahtzee actually did a critique on a classy Western RPG within weeks of its release? ... He actually did a critique on a TES game within weeks of its release?! ...
The Storyline was speed rush and only lasted about 2 hours or so. It was speed rushed by the Developer no less. Heres the Article: http://www.geek.com/articles/games/skyrim-completed-in-2-hours-16-minutes-by-determined-game-testers-20111013/

I'm thinking it took Yahtzee about 2 hours longer because of buying shite, but probably didn't have trouble with the story, since it tells you where to go everywhere.

Eh, seems like he sorta liked it but thought too easy, but still, if you want it, go pick it up.

BlackWidower said:
HA! Fanboys prepare to weep as Yahtzee reviews your holy work! HA!
I was hoping Yahtzee would do that too, but he didn't, so... Yeah, disappointing but whatever.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
jessegeek said:
Huh, if it's that good I might actually buy it in the sales now... honestly wasn't expecting that, but if the dead-eye stare has gone and the combat is willing to meet me halfway on the intuitive level then we have a deal.
Oh i was dreading the combat and the conversations too, because of "Oblivion", i hated that game with passion for only those 2 things, but when i read how much fun EVERYONE in the internet was having i decided to buy it like 5 days ago, i was pleasently surprised that the combat haves improved so much you could say its an entirelly different company that made the game so yes, buy it, you will be pleasently surprised :)

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
weirdguy said:
Trivia: the first nude mod was created within a day of release.
More triva!First mod released for the game was a replacement mod for the female panties.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
Bang on as usual. Best ways to kill enemies when you have archery is finding spots where enemies have to run around to hit you, and then you jump down and they have to run all the way back. SO basicly i hit level 45 without having leveled any armor at all so i was pretty much forced to kill things before they could hit me, which is not really a problem, both giants and mammoths die quite fast with 3x sneak bonus. :D

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Yahtzee liked it?..kind of?...well let me just look outside and...yup called it pigs are flying.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
I killed an invisible dragon once. Pulled a finisher and everything.

And I also killed an undead dragon. I stole this soul whilst he lived... Then he got up as a skeleton and tried to kill me.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
I am now inclined to end every conversation I have with something random and out of the blue, followed by, "No, I don't know what I'm on about, go away!" Imagine the dumbfounded looks on those peoples faces.

OT: I haven't played the game yet, but I'm looking forward to getting it this Christmas. Glad to see that it's universally liked.

Enverex

Oct 6, 2010
I'm still wondering why this was £22 to preorder, yet it's always been £35 on STEAM (which is apparently with £5 off!). How do they manage to sell anything?

But yes, I loved Morrowind and I loved Oblivion. I just hope Skyrim doesn't disapoint. There are so many things about it which I worry about before even playing though and that has never happened with their games in the past. Oh Bethesda, do not abandon me now...

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Shame Yahtzee cut down the bug story that he told on Desert Bus for Hope. The animation demonstrates it but he doesn't say it: She not only disappeared into the ground from 20 feet up, she did it in steps like she was walking down a flight of invisible and intangible stairs that started in the air and ended underground.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Doom-Slayer said:
Actually watched it. And im still confused whether he liked it or not. Strangely being the magically space god I am, I havent had a single glitch or bug in the game just like Fallout3 and New vegas before the uber patchs, so I find it strange when people comment on that.

But..he was gentle to it and said he was immersed so Im not sure whether he was just forgiving the gltiches and tolerating it or genuinely liking it.
He liked it, the review might not have been particularly positive but the simple fact that he didn't say anything that bad about it proves he liked it, Yahtzee rarely praises a game even one he really enjoyed.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
Is it just me or did that bit about the old woman glitching sound familiar? I seem to remember someone saying something just like what Yatzee said in a thread about skyrim glitches.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Yes! With all the food in the game and it being fairly useless, there needs to be hardcore survival mode. When the creation kit comes out, make it so mod community.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Looks like I'll be rimming Sky this weekend
what a whore ;)
OT, I'm fairly surprised Yahtzee didn't speak of Lydia and her doorframe blocking ways :)