Zero Punctuation: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
I just want to say here, that since today's patch 1.04, the framerate issue on PS4 is officially no more. Beforehand it irritated me as well, but right now it's solid 30+ FPS in all regions (including swamps which were most annoying on previous versions).

Not diving into spoiler discussions just yet. Even though I play this game every day since launch, I have so much fun with dicking around, I still didn't finish the main storyline (just dealt with Imlerith)... And now, since I also changed the tree into a horse, I'm dreading the thought who the hell I just killed with that choice. I got so paranoid of black horses now, that I actually panicked a bit when
Emhyr gave me a black stallion for finding Ciri.

I'll just say here that I'm glad I managed to
NOT kill Keira Metz. Most people I talked with killed her, and probably payed the consequence by now. Lambert may be an asshole, but he's my brother-witcher asshole, so I'm glad she was there in Kaer Morhen to save his ass.

EDIT: Okay, I finished the game... Since changing the tree spirit didn't kill anyone special in my game, I did some research and as it turns out there is a golden way out of this choice that I stumbled upon by accident:

You can actually meet the tree spirit way before this questline, if you just travel there in the open world. If you set it free at that very moment, it will instead burn down the village of people serving the Cronies. The orphans will be rescued, while Anna will still be alive to send her along with Baron to the healer.

Sounds like the best outcome. Some villagers died, but they helped the Cronies with their heinous acts, so I didn't feel bad for it.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Aww, he doesn't like Gwent? I find it one of the most interesting parts of the game, and I've never even played any of those sorts of card games before (MTG, Hearthstone, etc.). Sure, it starts off really simple, but you get your ass handed to you after the tutorial so you're forced to build a better deck and invent new strategies.

But for me the best thing about The Witcher 3 is the environment. The weather effects and day-night cycle are like no other, and I don't know how I'll go back to a 'static' RPG where the entirety of nature doesn't sway with the wind and rain.

Haru17

Mar 1, 2014
slimbiggins said:
TL;DR Get it, but on PC and a harder difficulty.
Lol, nope, I'm pretty sure he called the gameplay out on being unbalanced padding, as it is, as it should be. The only great combat in this video was those 2 seconds of the Monster Hunter cover.

In any case, 'get it on PC' isn't such a simplistic recommendation as, as the video mentioned, not all PCs are gonna be proficient in playing the Witcher. More like 'get it on PC if you're a capitalist pig.' Too bad CD Project didn't fix more bugs in the console versions.

All in all the game is like a really good book stuffed with 2/3 extra pages from a trashy magazine so as to weaken the binding, making it apparent that it's on the verge of coming apart at the seems.

4Aces

May 29, 2012
Pinky said:
Kinda like Pillars of Eternity with the overleveling problem then.
Right up to PoE's end boss anyway. That was pathetic over-compensation for a bad design.

TruthInGaming

Apr 29, 2015
irishda said:
TruthInGaming said:
I like how people think an ok story despite all of the game flaws is somehow a recommendation for a triple A game. Kind of shows how low our standards have fallen.
I've yet to see a video game with anything beyond an OK story outside of Telltale, but the Witcher stories are usually a leg up on others.
Have you played The Last of Us? TallTell games are little more then movies which seem to be compelled to spell out the story for the viewers in forced view cut-scenes and linear style "play." Watching them on youtube is the exact same experience as playing them on your computer.