Zero Punctuation: The Witcher

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Holy crap, I was LMAOing at that ending.
This convinces me Yahtzee shouldn't only do the ZP's he should take over Un-skippable!
Brilliant Yahtzee, Brilliant!

banthesun

Apr 15, 2009
ma55ter_fett said:
I liked the review.

on a side note, who dug this dinosaur up?
The only thing I can count as outright necro is this post, over a year ago:

sky14kemea said:
sorry son (joke)
what kinda detergent do you use for your gimp, mine keeps complaining that he's chaffing >_<
very funny video ^-^
It seems like it's been in some weird form of undeath for the last year.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
banthesun said:
The only thing I can count as outright necro is this post, over a year ago:

sky14kemea said:
sorry son (joke)
what kinda detergent do you use for your gimp, mine keeps complaining that he's chaffing >_<
very funny video ^-^
It seems like it's been in some weird form of undeath for the last year.

I apologise? :0

My bad, I think around that time I was commenting on quite a few ZP vids, to catch up, 'cause I'm slow.
=[

banthesun

Apr 15, 2009
sky14kemea said:

My bad, I think around that time I was commenting on quite a few ZP vids, to catch up, 'cause I'm slow.
=[
I was more commenting on the weird nature of this thread than accusing you. And to be fair you only posted 'bout 8 months after the video, while there's people here posting almost two years after.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
banthesun said:
sky14kemea said:

=[
I was more commenting on the weird nature of this thread than accusing you. And to be fair you only posted 'bout 8 months after the video, while there's people here posting almost two years after.
Wow, it's been 2 years? O_O

Coolbeans I guess...

And no worries then, I just don't wanna be "the jerk who necro'd a thread" xD

Photon_Man62

Feb 3, 2009
One thing still peeves me about this review. The game and whole book series are based on mediaeval Poland, not England.

lifesucksadapt

Mar 29, 2010
Wait a minute did anyone else catch that sentence at 2:35? "No Alliance dipshit teabagging your corpse" AHA! I knew yatzhee was a fellow hordie back when he played wow.

Rad619619

Mar 21, 2009
The Witcher was the most fun game I've ever played, man, it beat Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed II, and all the games that YOU said were fun (except for Silent Hill, that's the only one I haven't tried out of the ones you recommended). I don't know how you can NOT see so much fun in it, the combat is extremely in depth and they even made clicking to attack (which is the only way swords on PC games were ever swung, so I dunno why you would say it sucks for THAT) a lot more tactical with having you time your hits and know exactly how to fight an enemy. I hope you play Witcher: Assassins of Kings when it comes out so you can make a more positive review. This game may have some flaws like OVERDOING the amount of tits and swearing but the combat was the most fun I've ever had swinging a sword on ANY game.

Rad619619

Mar 21, 2009
Photon_Man62 said:
One thing still peeves me about this review. The game and whole book series are based on mediaeval Poland, not England.
Yeah, Polish Author, Polish game company, European/Polish mythology... it was a really good game in my opinion. I passed it 3 times before it got even the least bit boring, when I moved on to Assassin's Creed and came right back to this because I missed it so much XD

Fatal-X

Feb 17, 2010
I played this game recently... and I think it's, well, maybe not shit, but it's very average. The thing I hated the most is the combat which I found incredibly boring and simplistic. Inventory menu is shit, you can't find almost anything you want because the icons are so small and not really telling you anything(and after some time you will have a shitload of items). The whole management menu you have(quests etc) is also very NOT user friendly, but after about 2 hours I got used to it. Story is good but the pacing is awful. Really. I was ending Act III, don't want to spoil anything, but it had some interesting moments - the game got interesting, yeah! But then some moron thought that it was a great idea to !SPOILER! teleport Geralt to some stupid little village so he can pursue an epic quest of...a fucking yokel wedding. Madness. That pissed me off like hell, I had enough. I'm not playing this game anymore. I just feel like this game is wasting my time.

Also, the guy who's idea was to have collectible cards with naked women in the game...what a sad and pathetic person he is.

bartosaq

Dec 29, 2010
Fatal-X said:
!SPOILER! teleport Geralt to some stupid little village so he can pursue an epic quest of...a fucking yokel wedding. Madness. That pissed me off like hell, I had enough. I'm not playing this game anymore. I just feel like this game is wasting my time.
Yes this was a little bit silly, especially after very interesting ending of ACT III. BAH! You are in nowhere trying to understand what to do. Anyway this whole wedding thing was based on the tragedy "Balladyna" written by Juliusz Slowacki in 1834. This is one of the school lectures so almost every polish folk found it interesting and amusing. Anyway I think that Witcher 2 will be less "polish" as they want to sell more copies to the west players (which will be hard without releasing it on consoles).

Riviellan

Jul 9, 2009
Hey Yahtzee! I know you are totally looking forward to playing The Witcher II that's coming out soon, lol.

Saladfax

May 16, 2008
Fatal-X said:
I was ending Act III, don't want to spoil anything, but it had some interesting moments - the game got interesting, yeah! But then some moron thought that it was a great idea to !SPOILER! teleport Geralt to some stupid little village so he can pursue an epic quest of...a fucking yokel wedding. Madness. That pissed me off like hell, I had enough. I'm not playing this game anymore. I just feel like this game is wasting my time.

Also, the guy who's idea was to have collectible cards with naked women in the game...what a sad and pathetic person he is.
Not that this is remotely applicable, but...

The sequence within Act 4, while breaking the climactic flow a little, was very much reminiscent of the storytelling style brought out by the books. Sapkowski's(I think that's right) first book, The Last Wish, was written as a series of vignettes: short stories which progressed and hinted at a greater story.

Naturally, the purpose behind the stories is to establish Geralt as a character. He kills monsters; it's what he was built for. However, sometimes violence isn't the solution, or the "monster" that deserves death is hiding behind a corrupt throne.

Act 4, like each of the other ones, has a large number of side quests, small missions which highlight Geralt's humanity, in spite of the hideous mutations of his body.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Riviellan said:
Hey Yahtzee! I know you are totally looking forward to playing The Witcher II that's coming out soon, lol.
Damn,ninja'ed! I wanted to ask him the same thing and I hope that the Escapist will force him to review it mwahahhah(evil laugh of doom).