Zero Punctuation: Thief: The Dark Project

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
It's always nice when he mixes it up with the occasional old game review... even though half the time you've never heard of them

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Ahhhh Thief... that was a fun game back in the day and it's nice to see that Yahtzee has a pattern of just how many non great games he can review in a row :p

oJon

Jul 12, 2008
I have this game, but unfortuntly it always freezes when i come to the first guard. I blame vista.

Jan 21, 2009
I've never actually played a thief game, in fact the only stealth games I have ever played were the splinter cell series. Maybe I'll try this one out.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Blastcage said:
Yeah! Fuck contemporary videogames right in the arsehole!

Though not that I can blame him; there's shit all out at the moment.
100% Agreed.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
00wetnoodlez said:
Games must be coming out very slowly in Australia but still a good review on an old game, in fact now that i think about it theres not one non-shooter coming out anytime soon here in america.
Yep, being down here is great fun when it comes to video game releases

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
While I've heard of Thief, I can honestly say I didn't know much about it. Thanks for this review: I love when you're being snarky, but it's nice to hear you talking about games that you like. Time to start wondering what horrid modern game you'll tear into next week?

Oirish_Martin

Nov 21, 2007
It seems like I'm the only person who actually liked the zombie levels. Bonehoard was probably the creepiest thing I'd ever experienced in a game at that point. Rope arrowing over a flight of trapped steps stealing jewels, frantically trying to manage your holy water, and freaking the fuck out when the first restless dead appeared. Awesomeness.

The sprawling building levels are also great fun, except for Constantine's house. Finding a key placed on ONE FUCKING TILE of a very large carpet was not fair in the slightest.

thetragicclown

May 29, 2008
"Gorn to the bear pits tomorrer. Wanna come with?"

I played all the Thief games when they were originally released, so watching this was a great bit of nostalgia. Anyone who hasn't played Thief needs to, so they can see how stealth games should be done.

And to play through The Haunted Cathedral.

"Join ussssss join ussssss join us now."

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Now this a welcome yet unexpected game to review lol! Nice one!

Sinking of the SS John Romero?! Ahaha!

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
I personally enjoyed Thief very much and as a previous poster said, I should perhaps go and look for Thief 2 now if it was even better.

Good review of a game of old, thumbs up here. :)

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Yeah, the PC gaming part nearly killed me. As for the whole retrospective reviews, I think they are actually quite a good thing on the whole and they shake things up every once in a while.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Its good to see retro reviews reminds me of the good old days ahh so good yet now gone...

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
Does Yahtzee ever learn to keep his thought straight, or does he need to learn to shut his fucking yap. In SH5 he claimed that fans need to shut up, now he claims that game companies need to listen to fans, if this doesn' scream that his a fucking hypocrite I don't know what does...

Poisoned Al

Feb 16, 2008
Blastcage said:
Poisoned Al said:
It's people like you that makes the gaming industry what it is today. An unending river of shit.
People like who? Yahtzee or a poster?
The poster. I buggered up, as I'm not used to this forum. I had this funny notion that the reply button on a post, replied to that post and didn't stuff a comment on the end of the page. Stupid of me to use logic I know :p