Zero Punctuation: Torchlight

alexbaxthedarkside

May 21, 2009
Love that Intro Yahtzee, makes me LAUGH SO MUCH XD

those villagers have got a good scam going on, first u build your town within easy walking distance of the local nolly camp or the dragon cave or on a gateway to Hell, and just keep squirting out kidnap victims and all your villagers are set for fucking life XD

SO FUCKING FUNNY! XDXDXDXD

Spysix

Apr 14, 2010
Loved the witty critique, but that's just how RPGs are really, same as FPS' and RTS'.

FPS - kill other faction that has a different agenda from yours, profit.
RTS - kill other country that has a different agenda from yours, profit.
RPG - kill the other species that has a different agenda from the surrounding village, profit.

It's a typical rpg, but its the kind of rpg younger generations can jump too. It even has a no blood option in the settings if that isn't a clue.

Good game, good for 10$ bucks, Though I wouldn't be playing it for 9 hours a day thats for sure.
*hides his steam counter*

I can't wait for the 2nd edition where they enable a new class and multiplayer.

BlooNova

Nov 28, 2010
Funny how Yahtzee said it's PC exclusive, because Torchlight is confirmed to be on PS3 and Xbox360 by the end of the year 2010, just FYI

Erdie

Jan 8, 2009
I had a long post, but it's much easier to say I finally finished this boring, piss easy, 99.9% copy of Fate. I've never taken so long to finish a 7 hour game. I love hack and slash, but they have so many things that need to be addressed before Torchlight 2...

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Dommyboy said:
Could never finish Torchlight, it just became so incredibly dull and repetitive.
I agree, but I'm still trying
also the ability to mod 20 different classes and 5 different starting pets does help
along with the ability to re-spec your stats

but yes very very dull

and even more sadly there WAS a console port, that added a new fish/naga pet THING that is an "Xbox Exclusive"

I do find it funny that I can run it on my computer and Xbox, screens the same size
Computer = works great
xbox = text too small to read, graphics slightly worse, etc...

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
At several points during that video, I had to pause it because I was laughing so hard. Well done, Yahtzee!